It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccan Pentacle Added to Emblems Allowed on Headstones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Wiccan Pentacle Added to Emblems Allowed on Headstones

www.foxnews.com

MADISON, Wis. — The Wiccan pentacle has been added to the list of emblems allowed in national cemeteries and on government-issued headstones of fallen soldiers, according to a settlement announced Monday.

A settlement between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Wiccans adds the five-pointed star to the list of "emblems of belief" allowed on VA grave markers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A victory for true freedom of religion and worship, I have no doubt that the polarizing elements of fundamentalist will find a way to get another five minutes of fame on top of their long over fifteen. There's no reason that a veteran should be denied the marker of their choice, and it's really no one else's concern what marks the grave of another.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Mirthful.
yes this is a very good thing. I find it some how peaceful to see the different markings on the sea of stones in the national cemetery. But I am wondering a bit, how will the five pointed pentacle be different from the star representing Muslims? I am no expert but I think there is a five pointed star there also.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Being Wiccan and a former United States Marine, I see no reason not to let each person or their family put what they want on their tomb stone. Who gave someone the right to say what could be or could not be put on your head stone. I will have my wiccan pride put on my head stone when and if I good.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
As a Christian, and one that holds quite a few views that might be called 'fundamentalist', I must say...

This is a good thing. The country was founded partially upon the principle of freedom of religion. Their religion ain't my thing, but they deserve to be able to practice however they wish. If that includes their religious symbols on the grave markers of its followers in national cemetaries, I have no argument with that whatsoever. This should have been allowed long before now.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
wow I did not even realize that you couldn't put a wiccan symbol on your tombstone before now!

Why were people not allowed to use that symbol? I mean there are tombstones in the shape of crosses. Isn't that a religous symbol? I have to say that I am extremely glad this happened, but at the same time angers me, because it was not allowed before.

new topics

top topics

join