It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Eastern "Bones Factory" Shut Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Middle Eastern "Bones Factory" Shut Down

www.cnn.com

KOLKATA, India (Reuters) -- Indian police discovered a human "bones factory" in an eastern state on Monday and arrested six people for illegally trading in skeletons, a senior officer said.

The arrested men told police the bones were sold to medical students and used in traditional medicine, district police chief Peeyush Pandey said.

Investigators found dozens of skeletons -- treated with chemicals -- laid out to dry in the sun when they reached a river bank in Keshia, 200 kilometers (125 miles) north of Kolkata, capital of West Bengal state.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A Bones Factory housing dozens of skeletons. What a desecration to the bodies. The families thought that their loved ones were cremated, just to find this out.

I wonder if the factory has alot of closets.............

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would like to ask, why did you put "Middle Eastern Bones Factory" when the title says " Illegal 'bones factory' shut down"?

I think the people who purchased the bones should also be charged. In the US, anyone who buys stolen goods, whether or not they knew it is stolen, is also liable to be charged.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Great point DJ.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I would like to ask, why did you put "Middle Eastern Bones Factory" when the title says " Illegal 'bones factory' shut down"?

I think the people who purchased the bones should also be charged. In the US, anyone who buys stolen goods, whether or not they knew it is stolen, is also liable to be charged.

When I went to the main CNN page which lists all the stories, it said Middle Eastern, and that's what I typed in. I didn't even realize until you pointed it out that the actual story page does indeed say Illegal.

I agree with you on the point about charging the purchasers as well.

top topics

join