It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Orbits Earth Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Space debris and/or frozen water/liquids from previous NASA space missions.

If it were a UFO it would be doing something other than sitting there - twisting every so often.

Of course - it could be a UFO platform of some kind. But I highly doubt it. I'm going with the debris/frozen liquid theory.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros
HAahaha "gental push from solar radiation", That's a good one!

Ok firstly, this thing could not possibly act as a solar sail. Why? Because its so damn small. 55.741824 square meters is absolutely NOTHING in space. And with an orbit which extends twice the distance of the moon it must have a huge amount of momentum. Are you suggesting that ion wind from the sun hitting a 55 square meter surface can significantly adjust an object which is in an elipitic orbit extending twice the distance of the moon around the earth?

More bunk released by NASA.

My thoughts on what this might be are:
Debris from a recent secret missions. NASA has space planes, what do you think the phoenix lights were? The hidden technology is far superior to the liquid bomb technology you see on T.V.

Don’t get me wrong, this could *actually be* some part of a lost moon mission. But I *could actually* win lotto five times in a row without entering and be struck by lightning in the same week! In fact, I’m guessing the latter is probably the more likely of the two.

Yandros --
If you're so quick to believe that this is debris from a secret NASA mission, why do you find it so hard to believe it's the third stage from Apollo 12? I don't understand your logic.

Ram

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Cigar shapend ufo. (Unidentified Flying Object)

airship

i dunno.

Atleast you cannot use the blimp or the ballons on this one..

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think there may be some confusion on this thread for some. The object is shown to be a line in some images due to images being taken OVER TIME of the object. Thus the object, which if only one image was taken, would appear to be a point source of light, appears to be a line in images due to time-lapse.

The following image is time-lapsed and thus appears as a line in the image.:

Whereas this image, which is an animated gif, shows the object as seen frame by frame, each frame being how an individual snapshot would appear:

HAL9000 I believe was trying to show this as well. The time lapse is only 600 (or 300s?) secs long exposure, so the large far away stars in the background appear not to move as compared to the small, relatively close object. The close object moves a lot as compared to the stars in the image for the above reason.

I believe this is correct and wanted to clear this up as I think some may have it mixedup, correct me if I'm wrong though.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Tell me what you think

It's a spaceship artificially covered with a """meteor armor""" which makes it look like a common space object ...crazy theory, right?
Obviously, THEY know that some of us KNOW about them. So they have to cover-up their mission. haha, that's a good one.
Anyway, we had a cover-up for 9-11, so why should they be different ?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Soylent Green Is People,

I don’t believe their explanation because its absurd.

Its like I if I claimed that I dropped a kilogram of gold randomly into the pacific ocean and it turned up in a museum on the other side of the world 30 years later. Yeah it *COULD* be the same gold, but the earth could also simply cease to exist or the sun could spontaneously explode as well…

The probability of it actually still being out there after 30 years of chaotic orbits around the sun are so low that its obvious to anyone with a little common sense that NASA are simply covering for something.

Extraordinary explanations need extraordinary proof. As with 9/11, the official story just doesn’t cut it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well there is debris out there in orbit of Earth correct. NORAD tracks this debris, some estimates of around 10000 objects larger than a baseball. Now I imagine these 10k objects were not recently deposited out into orbit on the last shuttle mission.

How old are some of these 10000 objects that are still in orbit? Is it so hard to imagine a 30yr old orbit of another piece of space debris, one that was kicked out farther than other pieces of spacecraft and on an accidental orbit? The accidental orbit was due to a shorter than planned kick burn of the stage thrusters.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
HAL9000 I believe was trying to show this as well. The time lapse is only 600 (or 300s?) secs long exposure, so the large far away stars in the background appear not to move as compared to the small, relatively close object. The close object moves a lot as compared to the stars in the image for the above reason.

That is correct that the first long exposure photograph shows the track and the rotation of the object and the long exposure draws it out to look like a squiggly line.

The other short exposure photographs had white lines added to point to the object and this is where people are taking the lines as the object in question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the movie, you can clearly see the object is much smaller than people realize. It looks similar to a satellite on a clear night.

As far as the object being a third stage from Apollo 12, I don't understand why it is so hard for some to believe this. First of all NASA is giving the best explanation with the information that is available and not saying it is a positive ID yet. Just because you think they lie, doesn't mean they are wrong unless you can track it and show that it is something else. Unless you can show that you have the background and better information and give your own theory, I will take Nasa’s explanation over some anonymous poster.

Ram

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

10-minute exposure was captured at the Schiaparelli Astronomical Observatory.

OKAY - if there is 10 minutes exposure... then it is proberly just space-junk.
sorry - didnt read that part. Didnt see that part - didn't know that part.
link from page one

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
At least you cannot use the blimp or the ballons on this one..

Why not?

Bigelow has an inflatable module out in orbit right now... looks like a blimp

Seems to me the best way to hide something is stick it out in the open... toss up 10,000 pieces of "space debris" and voila! If anyone spots it , its just space debris...

It will cause a little stir for a while at ATS
but after a while it will be ignored again

The frozen water theory... you mean to tell me that NASA flushed a toilet and you can see that blob of water from 500,000 million miles away?

Uh huh yeah okay fine...

Of course it could be space debris... and we are focusing all our attention on it, so not watching other aras of the sky... wonder what's sneaking by?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by zorgon]

Ram

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well - use it - i don't care.
It's a picture with 10 minutes exposure -

What ever that means - If the lens is open for 10 minutes - or 600 seconds. It's a pointless discussion.

That animation (greatlakes) found - basically looks like a normal satellite.

Seen loads of em - haven't we all?.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
That animation (greatlakes) found - basically looks like a normal satellite.

Seen loads of em - haven't we all?.

I'll have to give credit to others as well-I just reiterated the time-lapse video information after realizing that maybe some were misconstruing the image...took me long enough, hey I'm slow sometimes.

Also true time-lapse would mean the shutter is open for the entire length of time, thus it would give a fairly nice solid line in the image. This however is a sort of tim-lapse, where the shutter is opened for a extended period (say 30sec) then closed, then 30sec passes, then shutter opens again for 30s. I believe this is how the pearl-ized image of the anomaly was made. Maybe I am wrong about this but it looks that way to me. There also must be a teerm for this type of photog.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some info on space debris from an AF video.

www.af.mil...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm slightly skeptical that the orbiting thingy is some piece of junk from an Apollo mission decades ago. They couldn't keep Skylab up there, even when they were trying.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join