It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Facility Southwest of Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi All,

I was searching the Nevada test site using Google Earth. While searching I located an air base of some kind laying on the Wester shore of the dry lake bed of Yucca Lake. This facility is approximately 24 miles Southwest of Area 51. My first inclination was to check my personal map of military facilities in the Nellis Range Complex (Home Made to include known and suspected secret facilities). Whatever I've just found, isn't on any of my maps. Whatever it is it seem to be a fairly large facility.

Here are a few photos of the base:

I had one more photo, but I don't have enough space to upload it to ATS. However, these two photos should give you a general idea of what I have been looking at

Can Anyone tell me what this place might be?

Tim

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Es nada.

This is where the prime contractor works in the forward areas. Meaning, the people who take care of the Nevada Test Site work out of here. Electricians, miners, mechanics and machinists ply their trade here.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It could be Area 6. I'm not sure where exactly it's located with regards to this location though.

The Area 6 Construction Facilities provide craft and logistical support to activities in the forward areas of the NTS. This forward area complex replaces older construction base camps in Areas 2 and 3. Those elements comprising the Yucca Lake facilities include a variety of equipment storage facilities, a heavy- duty maintenance and equipment repair facility, and decontamination facilities.

A 3,353 m (11,000 ft) airstrip and nearby weather station also are located on the Yucca Lake bed. The Device Assembly Facility is the primary location of all nuclear explosive operations at the NTS. Nuclear explosive operations include assembly, disassembly or modification, staging, transportation, testing, maintenance, repair, retrofit, and surveillance.

The Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soils Disposal Site is an existing, state of Nevada-approved, Class III landfill. All non-Resource Conservation and Recovery Act-regulated hydrocarbon contaminated soils and materials generated on the NTS are disposed of at this landfill.

An approximately 3350-meter (11,000-foot) long airstrip and nearby weather station are located on the Yucca Dry Lake bed. Bulk storage facilities, a heavy duty maintenance and repair facility, and radiological decontamination facilities (both for personnel laundry and equipment) are also located adjacent to Yucca Dry Lake

www.shundahai.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Labeled as KZ YUCCA AIRSTRIP is allI have on the location. It is restricted access and airspace is R4808N: CONT SFC-UNLTD, RESTRICTED.

i141.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And some more information here:

i141.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That is Area 6 of the Nevada Test Site. Other than the features already mentioned, you will find:

Control Point - Principal command and firing point for 100 atmospheric and 828 underground tests.

News Nob - Rocky knoll used by news photographers in 1952.

Device Assembly Facility - Specially reinforced building designed for use in assembly, disassembly, repair and maintenance of nuclear explosive devices.

The Yucca Lake Airstrip on the dry lakebed was originally built by the Army Air Corps prior to the existence of the Nevada Test Site. It later supported the NTS during the nuclear test program. A hangar was built to house a helicopter for the Wackenhut Airborne Respone Team (until the chopper crashed in 1991). More recently, the airstrip was used for flight-testing of the Lockheed Martin P-175 Polecat UAV. There is also a new paved airstrip nearby.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Holy crap, you mean I was right?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes its area 6, anyone know where the source map come from, see below circled areas. The map seems to have alot of info on it and looks to be one original source for the titles of landmarks in the area.

i141.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost01

you will find a lot of places like that in the range area that no one seems to talk about. just follow the roads that go no where

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Area 6 article in the Las Vegas Journal review with an ATS.com forums mention!

www.reviewjournal.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sorry about that, here is the Area 6 story with the ATS.com forums mention

http://(link tracking not allowed)/1X3DphA

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oh well, i give up.

A local LV newspaper has an article about area6 and mentions the ATS.com forums. Its an interesting read, but i guess ATS and the LVRJ are in some legal brouhaha becuase I cant link to it(as seen above)
edit on 5-3-2016 by fouroneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: fouroneone
Oh well, i give up.

A local LV newspaper has an article about area6 and mentions the ATS.com forums. Its an interesting read, but i guess ATS and the LVRJ are in some legal brouhaha becuase I cant link to it(as seen above)

The deal is the LVRJ was on the rampage regarding reposting their articles. Even links were an issue. Lots of lawsuits.

Regarding the article that cannot be named, it shows up on Reddit's "special access", so I think the lawsuits are no longer a problem.

The good news is most of that article contains stuff already on ATS. The rest of the article is speculation that they use the AOF for sensor testing. Eh, could be true. Or the author got a tip and decided to write an article.

My opinion is sensors are tested mostly on small aircraft rather than drones. Electronic test bed aircraft is very common. Testing on a small aircraft allows fine tuning of the sensor, testing intermediate points in the sensor, etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My feeble attempt to photograph this LMCO AOF is in the above link.

I really need to camp out overnight and use the telescope. But suffice it to say, the AOF is way harder to snoop on than Groom Lake. The only thing in your favor is the Bonanza Peak hike doesn't have slippery shale. But the elevation change is 3x and the distance is about 5x that of doing Tikaboo.

new topics

top topics

join