It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Gave His Life To Save Others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Student Gave His Life To Save Others

news.sky.com

A survivor of the Virginia Tech massacre has been describing how a colleague died to protect others.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
People like this should never be forgotain, there the real heros.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
thank you for this topic

Shaalan's mother broke down when she heard Mr Dymond's account.

"He was trying to save someone else," she said repeatedly.

Dymond said Shaalan's body was taken to a Blacksburg mosque so classmates, teachers and friends could say goodbye before he was sent to Egypt for burial.

its nice to see (not saying its a good thing someones died)
that muslims out there value the lives of others more then them selves
which shows alot

may he have eternal rest

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It took me a while to think of the right words to say in this thread, so instead of a long reply, I'm just going to say this,

May you rest in piece Waleed Shalaan, you shall not be forgotten.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I will say what I said in the one about the holocaust survivor who did this, it sums up my feelings best:

As long as there are people still like him in the world, there will be hope in these situations. It is a very great bit of bravery, and nobility to do something like that, and i can only say that every one who knows him should be proud that they knew someone like him. I can also say that I hope that if I were put in such a situation then I would do something similar, rather than just run away.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you for posting that Vixion, it's certainly a story that deserves more attention. There is no greater love.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
its ok dudes and dudettes, every one should look and post, some how its only us. He is a real hero, even with all this "Muslims are the devil" thing going on, that guy didnt care he just saved some one elses life. I just wish the world was filled with people like him.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You will never see this in the main stream news, but its about time that the stories of heroism that undoubtbly happen come out. This man is a hero, gave his life to save another.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yer the chances of this making big news are terrible, but i guess now is a better time then any to make people see that we can all be friends. Just hope more people get to see it.

take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What a brave young man; indeed no greater love.

What this world needs is more people like this young man and the holocaust survivor both of whom sacrificed their lives so that others would live. Isn't it interesting that one was Muslim and one was Jewish both groups that many would demonize and yet both showed the greatest of love for their fellows.

Maybe just maybe this will show that we aren't so different after all.

My prayers to both the families and I stand in awe of the bravery shown.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wish mor epeopel could see this thread, i think this guy was amodern day hero, but its all over now.

take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This guy was a hero, no question about it. Sorry for the one-liner, but I had to say that.

top topics

join