It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cho Seung-Hui Video-Died Like Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
he wanted some attention so i figured i'd give him some....

i just started dabbling in video stuff.

www.youtube.com...

i don't think he died like anything but a punk....if he wanted to kill himself all he had to do was make a cut....

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think we all feel alienated from time to time in our lives BUT we dont go out and massacre innocent people!As for this person comparing himself to Christ in any way just proves how truly deranged he was.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
he wanted some attention so i figured i'd give him some....
i just started dabbling in video stuff.
www.youtube.com...
i don't think he died like anything but a punk....if he wanted to kill himself all he had to do was make a cut....

Good work on the video. Though not advised viewing by troubled individuals.

I gusess some people feel the need to 'take some other out with them'. Cho felt like the world done him wrong, and now must pay. In his videos he keeps saying, you and they....

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
thanks for the comment...i made one yesterday but that was before all the pics of him with the guns came out...
had to redo it

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am pretty much split down the middle over this it shows a person who was clearly sick and someone who lost all sense of sanity. I've been bullied but I've been lucky to have met someone who was wonderful and patient who helped me heal and made no judgements of me. I do remember the years of torment and hate but they are very distant now. I would never commit something like what Cho chose to do but I do have some idea of the demons he had to face mine tried to make me take my own life twice with painkillers and that's something I will not linger on.

As for using religion as an excuse for this most evil of acts it's utter tripe. That's him trying to blame it on something he could not comprehend. I have faith in the almighty and I know he would never drive anyone to do something like that and take so many innocent lives. I am angry with what happened at VT but also sad at no one sought to stop this from coming to the conclusion it did.

In an insane world few things what they seem. We will never know about him as a person and tons of questions will always remain unanswered. I think VT said in hindsight should have done more to help him to deal with his demons.

I have been to a disability college and two of the blokes on are dorm block where manic depressives and we did have one or two minor incidents and I have to admit I was not privy to them but I do know one of them was kicked off for posting threatening notes under peoples doors mine as well. I had to get involved as I was block representative. I was fortunate that one of the campus guards became good friends with me I spoke to the guy in the evening about 1 o'clock in the morning I had him shouting abuse through my door at me for making the college aware of his problems. It scared the crap out of me and it ended up with him being arrested and kept in the police station over night. He was later admitted to a secure hospital. After leaving college I got a letter from him he apologised and thanked me for doing what I did.

If only someone had done the same for Cho then maybe this would not have happened and those 32 souls would still be with us all.

Ditto to seagull your post reflects my views on this mess really well too!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's quite common for people suffering delusions to justify their rancor with self righteousness. It's a little diversionary and self defeating to blame all psychological problems on government sponsored mind control programs.

Perhaps there are many people being currently harassed by covert tests of new technology and surveillance methods, but I really find it hard to believe that there are up to 10,000,000 full-fledged products of MK ultra out there.

It's more likely to me, that it started as a misinformation program, or well-intentioned attempt at exposure: however, that it took off due to the easy footing it grasped in the easy suggestibility of traumatized psyche's seeking justice or at least some recognition of suffering often ignored in our culture.

As a misinformation program, it would capitalize on the phenomena that there is no such thing as bad advertising. Instead, the end result of encouraging people to identify with mind control is it's habituation into the public psyche. Evident now by the profusion of product of MK ultra logos.

It's preposterous to think there are up to 10,000,000 successfully splintered and controllable multiples out there, because basically the experiments failed. They can splinter psyche's but unless the experimentation continued with massive hidden vaults of advanced psychological techniques, what they produced was not programmable Manchurian slaves - they produced devastated psyche's, which are always less reliable in creating predictable patterns or imprints.

Dr Cameron, et al - failed at imprinting or re-writing psyches. What they did find, was that they could induce psychosis with easy predictability and the research conducted on mind control has left us with what we see at Guantanamo.

"From 1950 to 1962, the C.I.A. ran a massive research project, a veritable Manhattan Project of the mind, spending over $1 billion a year to crack the code of human consciousness, from both mass persuasion and the use of coercion in individual interrogation. And what they discovered -- they tried '___', they tried mescaline, they tried all kinds of drugs, they tried electroshock, truth serum, sodium pentathol. None of it worked. What worked was very simple behavioral findings, outsourced to our leading universities -- Harvard, Princeton, Yale and McGill -- and the first breakthrough came at McGill."
www.democracynow.org.../02/17/1522228&mode=thread&tid=25

That was the most successful result of the mind control experiments, perfecting torture.

While Time magazine presented the conditions at Gitmo as quite banal, for those in the know, it's a giant psychosis inducing camp. Sensory deprivation or over-stimulation, absolute invasion of privacy, self induced pain, sleep deprivation are all consistent catalysts of psychosis, and self induced pain can be something as simple as forcing a person to stand in one position for a long period of time.

While it's all well and good to discuss malevolent experimentation done by authority, obfuscating and desensitizing the public to the true nature of the atrocity is on par with the original insult. A mockery.

In addition, the extent to which some of these reports attribute absolute power to these organizations is contributing to a sense of alienation and learned helplessness. It's practically an invitation to be defined as an enemy of the state - considering the fact that it almost invariably fails to address specifics and instead intimates a shadow governments absolute power.

It's worse than Orwellian, the country that once held the example for the world of constitutional rights and amendments as well as the due process that protects the individual against the arbitrary application of power from the vastly more powerful state, has betrayed the mantle. The very people who might trumpet the rights and processes that protect the individual seem to be acting more as a bad advertisement for it's futility.

On a practical level, I think what we see fulfilled at Gitmo is the old saying - 'Give a man a hammer, he'll find something to hit.' In this case it is give a government millions of dollars to investigate torture with, and they'll find someone to torture.

Gitmo is the Bush administration's version of a Chinese re-education camp. It's highly likely their advancing their research into torture and mind control while they practice what they know.

The obvious advantage of having Chinese style re-education camps is that the Patriot Act now permits anyone under suspicion to be labeled a terrorist and the subliminal threat is there for the whole populace.

The arbitrary and absolute power of which is reiterated daily in the massive outpouring of people who are encouraged to identify with the abuse, engendering a double bind that in the end encourages a common psychological coping mechanism known as identifying with the aggressor.

Product of MK ultra is now a popular logos.

No conspiracy is required - A confederacy of dunces will suffice. (Meaning not that people are stupid but in groups, with the human need to belong, that is more powerful a need than hunger - people tend to agree just to fit in - or let others think for them.)

And isn't that enough to drive people crazy, or at least contribute to a toxic culture? - The government has giant camps built using the torture methods perfected for inducing psychosis.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
I am sorry but this is what I mean about the plays. If you watch the plays on the above clip they all sound so menacing and crazy. Then if you watch the plays being read in context on the video below it's a different story. I guess you can manipulate people's words to suit your ends.

As a writer, the first thing I did was read through the plays when they became available online. The fact that they are even being called plays is a huge overstatement. Richard McBeef was no more than a few pages.

What I found most remarkable about reading them was how bad a writer Cho was. The violence has been rather overstated... Frankly, you may not be able to make it past the absolutely awful dialogue to even get to the violence. And by awful, I don't mean that it is inherently offensive. It is truly, in a technical sense, among the worst writing I have ever seen. Most of it seems childish and hokey, like a death metal song about locusts and rape. You'll read more violence and evil in a Stephen King novel -- it just seems less offensive because he's never personally gone on a shooting rampage (also, he has style).

Anyway, not saying that Cho wasn't totally off his rocker, but that the media has definitely stretched it on just how disturbing the writing actually is.

/tn.

x08

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
NEW BREAKING VIDEO: Cho Seung-Hui Video-Died Like Jesus
www.kamera.com...

is it just me.. or is he reading in a lot of that? a crazy guy who just wants to tell everyone why he's doing something doesn't write it down first and then read it out... they just blab on like a crazy man...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yeah, his plays blow....i don't see the big deal. i clicked on the links but the plays are not there anymore but there are vids on youtube of people reading them...i only heard richard mnbeef. it sucked.

people fickting in a basement and throwing pipes and wrenches...doing it doggy style..big whoop.
i have odd crap like that floating around my head too. i compose songs, play guitar and i have some pretty wile dialogue but i lean towards the satire...either way, these plays would have normally been looked at as nothing more that somethng to wipe your ass with but since the dude geeked, people are going to try to deduce as much as possible from as much as possible all the while not knowing anything.

what i am getting from wat i have seen and it's the same stuff everyone else has seen. just my personal opinions.maybe mommy didn't love him enough. maybe he wouldn't have felt like such an outcast if he didn't talk like napolean dynomite. maybe he could get a girl then....
so he's a college dork with no friends nd no ladies...suck it up...you get through it...ok, dude had mental problems. obviously someone dropped the ball with not making him get help but that don't make him mr victim...everyone has pain....
gimmiw a break...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Wow, after watching that video I can only say one thing: MK-ULTRA

Your tax dollars at work. This should keep the media busy for a couple of weeks.

I thought I was the only one that smelled somthing fishy about this. How could a kid that writes such horribly syntaxed sentences be admitted into VA? How could a kid with such horrible mental problems be allowed to stay?

Not only the inflection, syntax, grammer and delivery feel "staged" to me--this guy did contradictory acts like filling off the serial numbers on his two guns. He even took the time to record and submit this crap to NBC (how he knew the address and escape the police whilst comming BACK to campus in the two hours we'll never know...)

Just LOOK at this guy, he's not in a right state of mind. To many evangelical christians he'll be seen as a "demon"...to somewhat more educated people, "disturbed and crazy..." and to yet more informed people seen as, "a failure of the system..."

There is NO WAY a kid like this could stick around a college campus and not be arrested or kicked out.

My own roomate at the University of Montana was arrested and expelled for "building bombs" in our dorm room my sophmore year. .. and yes I was not involved and even helped the ATF/FBI with digital photos i took of his # whilst living w/him.

Here's a news story on it. (I was homeless for 3 days when my dorm room was a "crime scene)

Explosive Discovery at U. Montana

A sophomore at the University of Montana was arrested last Wednesday night after Public Safety officers discovered explosives in his dorm room. The student, Dereck Stairs, has been charged with felony possession of explosives.
Public Safety officers, responding to a call from two resident assistants in Stairs' dorm, found a prescription bottle filled with gun powder, with a hole in the lid and a fuse next to it, primer blasting caps and matchstick heads in the microwave of Stairs' room. After Stairs was arrested he was turned over to the Missoula Police Department.
Director of Residence Life Ron Brunell commented that the incident was "the most disturbing incident to happen in the dorms this year" and one of the worst in the 15 years he has been in his position.
According to court records, Stairs admitted to the Public Safety officers that the explosive device was his. The Resident Assistants called security when they saw Stairs walk into the dorm carrying what appeared to be shotgun shells or dynamite, and an electric cord with exposed wires.
Another unidentified suspect was detained, questioned and then released.
Stairs will appear in District Court for his preliminary hearing on Oct. 10. The penalty for possessing explosives is up to 20 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

This kid never talked to me, he only IM'ed me from across the room some of his tormented poetry. I never honestly thought he would harm others, rather himself. One time I came into the room to find the window open and the screen missing. We all thought he committed suicide and got frantic.

Point being, there are many wierdos out there--very few actually get violent.

Even fewer of those plan their attacks.

And yet even fewer are "allowed" (i saw the cellphone vid, pics of cops hiding w/out battering rams/smoke bombs/tear gas) to systematically kill without speaking a WORD.

This has conspiracy written all over it.

If you can't see that, well--best of luck...but this guy has seen some crazy mofo's in his life and even been displaced by them.

They are pawns and targets for the NWO/whoever to take our right to defend ourselves away. Plain and simple.

Now flame me for all i'm worth...(it's not really much...)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What is it about this event that is causing people to make such irrational leaps in logic and blame innocent people who had nothing to do with this.

This had nothing to do with North Korea other than in somebody's imagination.

Blaming the government, no matter how people feel is bizarre behavior and kind of scares me. This weird MK-Ultra connection makes no sense. Its the same sort of mindset this person had. He clearly thought everything was a conspiracy as a result of his mental illness. His conspiracy delusions were a warning sign he was going over the edge. Now all those innocent people are dead because of his delusions. There is a difference between trying to uncover bad guys and getting so wrapped up in paranoia you think everything is a conspiracy. One is rational and needed to keep the bad guys out of positions of power for the general good. The other is pure fantasy and a sign another person is about to snap. Gives me the chills. Its similar to the Terrorists mindset.

This all makes me wonder if a board like this or this very board played a role in him going over the edge. I've read postings by some pretty scary people here. Do you suppose the next mass murderer is here with us now? Could very well be true?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Is this him? Wikipedia had this on it someone showed me.

Edit: Blaine, give me a break. He mentioned nothing of conspiracies, was obviously reading a script, and made no mention of this website. You sir are ... how can I say it, pissing in the wind?

[edit on 4/19/2007 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101

Even more disturbing the media censoring this stuff and telling us what to think.

If we are sensible adults then can't we see this stuff? I think if we did try to learn from this stuff, then maybe we could fix some of what is wrong in society.

That's the problem...they aren't worried about those of us that are "sensible", it's the people that have mental problems that see this and see a "hero".

I agree that censorship or hiding the truth never solves anything, but if I had children or a teen that was having a rough time, I would not want them seeing that around dinner without a parent there to explain things.

The news is rated R or worse at times because it looks for the worst in humanity and then shows it to us constantly since conflict sells. It isn't necessarily showing the reality of life in its normal mundaneness--just the bottom of the barrel aspects of humanity. Not much we can do with the Internet\TV bombarding us with everything, but at least there is the intelligent discussions behind most of it...the mentally ill probably don't follow that path though.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
greatlakes, I agree that many on VT campus knew he was mental and needed help. Teachers and students both knew this to be true. This was a major failure of the system for not jerking him out of school long ago.

Was the all mighty dollar more important to the University or the safety of the students? I understand the University needs tuition to operate but in this case the world can see what happened. Looking back today the University would of kicked him out verses taking his tuition money. Did him being a South Korean have any factor of letting him to stay even though he was a mental case?

Here is what I really have a problem with is his parents. My hats off to them for having their own dry cleaning business this I am sure helped put him thru college. Yes you raise your kids and hope for the best.

The parents had to know their child had major mental and anger problems. The question is this did they deal with his problems at home or ship him off to school to let someone else try to deal with his problems? I am sure his parents wanted him to have a good education like most parents.

The parents owning their own business I am sure are very busy and put long hard hours in to make it work. Again the parents however had to know he needed mental health help and if they didn't their lyes another problem. My way of thinking is it starts with the family unit to take care of their own. We can blame everyone for not taking action to get him help, but the buck starts at home. Do not send your child to a higher learning institution when you know he or she has severe mental health problems this is a time bomb waiting to happen as we all can see. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The parents called the police at one point and had him referred to doctors. The scariest part of this is that there are 1000's of Cho's out there, right now, depressed and in much worse situations than him. This kid was going to a good college, hard working parents, sister went to Princeton. Kind of like the Columbine kids. Normal families not abuse or broken homes.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Wow, after watching that video I can only say one thing: MK-ULTRA

Your tax dollars at work. This should keep the media busy for a couple of weeks.

seek serious help honestly

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah your likely right there are more Cho's out there but that's not the point is it. I feel with the situation and what happened there was the alarm was raised and it was raised again yet no one did anything to deal with him and the
problems he had.

The other thing that does bug me on this he was in a dorm room with other room-mates now why did they not suspect he had some kind of weapons there with him did they not know or suspect this and why did none of them report him for it surely even he had hidden them the so called 100's of rounds of ammunition for them would not have been easy to conceal and someone must have noticed this either in the security or else where after all it was supposed to be a "gun free" University I know it sounds stupid to be asking these things since it's happened but I just find that really fishy the more I think about it that no one would have seen something so patently obvious!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join