It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seperate Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I recently had an experience whereby I could literally feel my inner self and the distance between that and my physical being. It was quite compelling to say the least and approximately lasted 10 seconds. It occured when I was simply walking around in my house.

Has anyone ever experienced the seperation of one's self?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I haven't personally, but I know someone who has.

Now this is going to sound clichéd, but bear with me.

A few years ago, my father had a very serious heart operation and was in hospital for a few months, as I spent alot of time with him, I got to know a few other guys in the ward. One of them was on the operating table when he died, the surgeons fought hard and managed to save him after being dead for a few minutes. This man told me that he had saw himself from above when he was dead.

The thing is though, I don't believe it as I don't believe that we have souls, just a brain that provides us with a mind.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
were you separated or you had a vision of the future?think it a bit

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Near Death Experiences do provide us with compelling evidence that the Brain and Mind are not the same thing (ie consciousness can exist without the body)

BBC documentary on NDE : video.google.com...

However, being the BBC, they have to cling to the idea that nothing is out of the ordinary here, which is why they allow one "scientist" to blabble on about the Light at the end of the tunnel being caused by the concentration of cells in the eye being more in the centre.

Out of Body Experiences are very real. Remote viewing and astral projection are very real. Despite what the scientific community may say, they are real, and thousands have experienced both/either one.

I have experienced an OOBE a few times whilst under the influence of a substance, but im only just beginning to learn how to achieve OOBE through lucid dreaming. As i posted somewhere else, thus far i have only managed to get my arms out of my body, but got excited and it faded away. I have been getting the buzzing in my ear/sleep paralysis since i was a child, yet i never knew what it was. Now that im aware of it, and realised that it is a precursor to an OOBE/Astral.P, i have been getting further in my pursuits of wisdom and understandin.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The mind is the soul there Watson. The brain is part of the body!

It's funny how one might think he feels his innerself, when all he may be having is a neurological disorder.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
The mind is the soul there Watson. The brain is part of the body!

It's funny how one might think he feels his innerself, when all he may be having is a neurological disorder.

Yes, because everyone who has an OOBE or astral projection has a neurological disorder
Sorry, but i know what i have seen and experienced.. as do many others, and it was very real.

Just because you've yet to come to realise/experience it, doesn't mean you can just dismiss it as rubbish. Another example of this is ghosts, or UFO's etc.

If its all bull, then why do some police forces have their own remote viewers for solving crimes!!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Whoa there cowboy. I'm not saying you didn't have an OOBE experience. Did I say that? I said what you think you experienced doesn't have to be the case. That's all I said.

I had one OOBE experience...& another where I think I had such an experience. I do not know.

And please...I know better than to doubt someone. Believe me when I say I've had countless of strange things happen to me that I won't tell everyone, because most won't believe me. So I know what it's like saying..."You'd say different if you were there".

The thing about all that I've experience, is that it really can be a neurological disorder...maybe not permanent, but at the time my brain went coo coo. I highly doubt it, because most times what I saw & felt seemed so very real. But is it impossible for it to be something with the brain, rather than something with the mind? It can go both ways. I'm just saying...you never know. That's all I'm saying.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by sdrawkcab]

top topics

join