It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For you techies: Found my first Firefox spyware today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well I guess when money is involved it would only be a matter of time before these guys started making stuff for Firefox. While cleaning out a customers computer I came across Isearch toolbar spyware for firefox embedded in a .jar file. (I guess it uses java?) I have yet to see any firefox spyware yet but this popped my cherry LOL

Pie

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah, it doesnt matter how secure your browser is, eventually someone will find a way to break through it. It's an ongoing battle of, re-write the browser, browser gets hacked, re-write the browser, browser gets hacked... and so on.

The difference is, Microsoft has never had that period of time of not being hacked... lol. Their updates to IE, which are marked Security Update... well, I havent seen one yet that actually updated anything. They're placebo updates.

At least so far, the browsers in Ubuntu Linux haven't been broken through... not that I've seen at least.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
At least so far, the browsers in Ubuntu Linux haven't been broken through... not that I've seen at least.

I think that its more of a "Is it worth the effort" type of thing. Since IE is used by the majority, of course they will be probing and prodding for any weaknesses. Now that there are more people using firefox now, its worth their effort. The holes more then likely are there , but have yet to be found. If Ubuntu were being used enmasse Im sure you would be hearing about issues too.

new topics

join