It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bojinka: Precedent Or Pre-Placed Cover-Story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I know Operation Bojinka has been discussed before, but I feel it's worth presenting again in a new light:
My main page for sub-posts on Bojinka
It's of course the early 1995 al Qaeda plot (KSM-funded, Yousef-organized) to blow up eleven airiners simultaneously with liquid bombs (sound familiar?) It's widely taken as signifying bin Laden's desire to attack America in a manner not dissimilar to the stuff that happened on 9/11. It was the fingerprint that allowed the feds to ID the network.

I'm less sure now than I was when I wrote it, but I'd like to draw attention mostly to the Cetron memo:
they-let-it-happen.blogspot.com... giacetron.html
released, apparently, in the last two weeks of December 1994 - between the Corder incident , the Eiffel Tower incident, and Bojinka's interception.

Please take a minute and read that post, mull it over a bit, and lemme know what you all think. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
1994 huh?

In July 1995, the SR-71 was brought back to service for a few months before being retired a second time. Related?

They obviously had something they wanted to see real bad.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
1994 huh?

In July 1995, the SR-71 was brought back to service for a few months before being retired a second time. Related?

They obviously had something they wanted to see real bad.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'd guess that's a coincidence to this case. Or not even a coincidence, just a fellow fact of the time, prob for surveillance in Bosnia. You sure don't need a spy plane when Ramzi Yousef leaves behind his portable laptop computer with all the Bojinka data right on it to find.

So no one else with thoughts? Cetron's report - Bojinka - was there a mix-up somewhere? Or is it a fiction?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
BTW don't you guys find it a bit too coincidental that Terry Nichols met Ramzi Yousef in the Philippines?

One bomber meets another bomber. The following has the story on their meeting. So the one guy who happens to have something to do with the WTC bombing meets the other guy who happens to have something to do with the Oklahoma bombing, they just happen to meet in the Philippines!~

www.cooperativeresearch.org...

A Philippine undercover operative and one of his wives claims that Terry Nichols, later convicted for the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Philippines! Onetime US colony, now our offshore weird evidence generator. Somehow I did not know that about Nichols. That makes no sense to me, I'll have to check it out...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is a good read on the connection between Nichols and Yousef, the circumstantial case is very strong indeed.

intelwire.egoplex.com...

Closer analysis of Terry Nichols and Ramzi Yousef timelines creates a compelling, if still circumstantial, case — and offers clues to where the smoking guns may be found

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well i'd heard about it vaguely but had't looked into it...
So it looks like there's almost as good a case as any of the official stories that Nichos was basically an al Qaeda operative! They just have their fingers in every big event. Good thing they got David Koresh early, he was probably in the network too!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To bump this interesting point, here is the part on Cetron's report:
(from my blog)
Was this guy psychic or what? Was '94 the year 9/11 was written as a terrorist plot?

In early 2002, ABC News interviewed Marvin Cetron, a “terrorism expert” with military and engineering credentials who had written a report for the Pentagon in 1994. Cetron is a noted “futurist” thinker, President of Forecasting International, and a regular guest on CNN talk shows predicting trends in everything from education to science and engineering to business and global economics. Along with Robert McNamara, (who has also served as World Bank President since his Defense Secretary days), Cetron is a Director at the World Future Society, a Bethesda-based “neutral clearinghouse for ideas about the future,” including “forecasts, recommendations, and alternative scenarios.” The website explains “when people can visualize a better future, then they can begin to create it.” [4]

So what alternative scenario did he help the Pentagon visualize with his 1994 report? Cetron was concerned with the danger of an airborne suicide attack on the Capital, including such a warning in his report. Cetron told ABC:

“We saw Osama bin Laden. We spelled it out and we said the United States was very vulnerable. You could make a left turn at the Washington Monument and take out the White House. And you could make a right turn and take out the Pentagon.” [5]

ABC reported that the Pentagon brass wanted that particular warning deleted from his report. “It's unclassified, everything is available,” Cetron recalled his response. But they told him, as he summed up, “we don't want it released because you can't handle a crisis before it becomes a crisis, and no one is going to believe it anyhow.” Even after he deleted the kamikaze warning, the report was scrapped and not released to the public. [6]

ABC explained that the 1994 report had cited two events “earlier that year” as precedents to ponder: “the crash-landing of a small airplane at the White House by an apparently unstable man” (Corder, September 11-12), and “French authorities’ storming of a hijacked airliner that Algerian terrorists had planned to fly into the Eiffel Tower” Thus he was aware these attack planes could be airliners. But the timeline here is odd; the GIA’s failed attack was on Christmas Eve. Is it normal for Cetron to compose an entire report in less than a week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve?

This felt like a seam to me, so I though about it a minute. At that very time but half a world away, Yousef and Murad were just days away from getting busted for Bojinka on January 6. Within a couple of weeks, interrogators in the Philippines would be extracting from Murad, via torture, something remarkably like Cetron’s double-deleted warning. Was there a mix-up somewhere? And just as Cetron’s Corder/GIA-inspired scenario was cut from the wider report before it too was deleted, Murad’s similar phase two has been largely erased from the wider Bojinka story. This alleged prediction perhaps helped the Pentagon visualize the world they wanted and now have, but Cetron apparently wasn’t allowed to talk about it until after it came true.

top topics

join