It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Threat at Texas University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Bomb Threat at Texas University

www.cnn.com

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Authorities evacuated buildings Tuesday at St. Edward's University after a threatening note was found, a school official said.

The bomb threat came a day after a Virginia Tech student killed at least 30 people locked inside a classroom building in the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

Police officers had secured the perimeter of the campus and were searching the buildings, university spokeswoman Mischelle Amador.

She declined to say where the note was found and said its contents were "nonspecific."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I surely hope that we don't see too many of these situations in the coming days.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Title's misleading.

Big difference in UT and St. Edwards University.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My point was NOT to mislead. My objective was to quickly post a news article of interest based on yesterday's tragic events at Va. Tech.

St. Edwards is a university in the state of Texas. The University of Texas at Austin is titled as such. Pretty obvious to me. If this had happened at Mary Hardin Baylor or Rice University, or wherever, I probably would have entitled the post the same way...my thinking to be to allow others to know where the event was taking place.

I highly doubt your day was ruined by clicking the thread and having been 'mislead' for a few seconds.

If you have nothing relevant to add; then don't.

To try to get back to topic; I sure do hope that we don't see any 'copycat' type situations in the coming days. Our nation's schools and universities are so open and easy to get around in.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
OK relax......step back from the keyboard.

I just though people might want to know the exact university and not just the state it was in. There's quite a few universities in Texas.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is really nothing new, there are bomb threats that quietly go on all across the US every month.
My sons middle school, before I decided to homeschool, received at least one bomb threat each week.
There was never anything in the news about it, the school would simply send a note home with my son telling us "the studenets were evacuated for 1 hour, then let back in." Im assuming and hoping, the bomb squad was ran through the school but there was never a mention of it.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
you might be seeing copycats,
i recall someone on ATS warning against this.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
OK relax......step back from the keyboard.

I just though people might want to know the exact university and not just the state it was in. There's quite a few universities in Texas.

Peace

My apologies. I have two close friends at St. Eds in Austin. Thats all. My bad.

Sorry about that...peace to you too!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
oops...found this thread using ATS search, just added to it...didn't know it was from years ago...

Watching FOX news right now. Reporting all buildings on University of Texas in Austin are being evacuated due to phone call from man with middle eastern accent, claiming bombs have been place throughout campus. Man claimed it is the action of the al-Qaeda.

The University of Texas at Austin has ordered an evacuation of all buildings on campus because of a bomb threat.

"Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the university says on its website.

Update at 11:14 a.m. ET: KXAN-TV reports that the university's Director of Communications, Rhonda Weldon, says the university got a call around 8:35 a.m. local time from a male with a middle eastern accent claiming to have placed bombs all over campus.

The caller claimed to be from the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization and that the bombs would go off in 90 minutes, KXAN reports..content.usatoday.com...[/e x]
Des
edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join