It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will NASCAR's Dale Jr. leave DEI, a team that his dad created. What team will he move to?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What will Dale Jr. choose? The negotiations have started to go sour. This could mean that Dale Jr. will loose respect from many of his fans. Will he branch out his team that is the BUSCH series to the NEXTEL cup series. When he has the team going, will he give an invite Martin Truex Jr. and Paul Menard to join his new team. Will Dale Jr. choose the path of RCR?So, which path will Dale Jr. choose? Tell me what you think.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't happen but if it does I think he will go to RCR for whatever his contract would be with them and then he would start a Nextel Team ...I don't think he will lose the respect of his fans to stick to what he feels is right.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
See, I think that it will be a good idea for him to leave. Richard has already offered a contract to Dale Jr. to drive his dads car number. That would be a very good thing for him to do. He should start a team and race for RCR at the same time.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I can't believe RCR would offer JR. to drive a car with the #3 on it. That number should forever be retired IMHO. I'll be the first to admit that JR is not my fav driver, however that being said to jump ship from the family company is downright disrespectful and definitely a bad move fan wise. There are thousands of Dale Earnheart fans that would agree that just because he has the same name does not give him the right to drive under his daddy's number 3.He is in no way the same caliber of driver that his father was and I doubt ever will be. He needs to stop trying to fill Daddy's shoes and stick with #8. I am also not a fan of Dale Sr. but Iam a Nascar fan. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think that it would be a good idea for Dale Jr. to drive his dad's number. It doesn't matter if it is a red number 3, the number is what matters.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I knew this question would come up someday, and my answer is going to really tick some people off, but i'm gonna give it anyway.

I hope he does leave DEI, and then nobody gives him a ride. If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, no team would give him a seat. He's a no talent driver who inherited all his fans because of his last name.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Aegisfang- I could not have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
I knew this question would come up someday, and my answer is going to really tick some people off, but i'm gonna give it anyway.

I hope he does leave DEI, and then nobody gives him a ride. If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, no team would give him a seat. He's a no talent driver who inherited all his fans because of his last name.

RCR has already given him a contract to drive the number 3 car. Now I will say, I was a fan of Jr. before Sr. died. I was a fan of both of them.

[edit on 17/4/07 by galm 1]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm going to get a little off of the subject, but how many people on ATS hate Jeff Gordon. I don't know why I hate him, I just do.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
this next comment of mine is going to enflame even more fans of nascar, the best lesson Dale Earnhardt Sr. could have given Dale Jr., was to turn right instead of left.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Ok Aegisfang now that was a bit nasty.It could however explain JR.'s driving sometimes.It looks like he is scared and he should be. To answer galm 1- I am not much of a Jeff Gordan fan either. He is much to arrogant and comes of as just a playboy.His driving has slacked off lately too.My fav drivers are Matt Kenseth and Jimmy Johnson with Kasey Kahne as my fav Rookie.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm a huge Jr. fan, but I was a fan before Sr. died. I believe that Jr. is very over rated. There are a lot of fans that hate Jeff Gordon, We don't know why, we just do.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang

Blashphemy!

Of course, this coming from someone who isn't really a NASCAR fan. I do root for Gordon, but just to tick off a few certain people. (Don't worry, if you're reading this, it's not you, I guarantee it.)

But really, what has Junior done?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jr. is a great drive, but I think that he is overrated. The whole, I hate Jeff Gordon, I just can't explain why I hate him, I just do. Anyway, Jr. hasn't done anything wrong. Did you all really think that Jr. was going to stay with DEI for the rest of his racing career?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Since Junior is a free agent after the current season, he may sign with DEI for another year. It would be nice if his step-mother would step down and let either Dale Jr. or one of the other Earnhardt kids run the team. The signing of Dale Jr. to RCR would mean mucho sponsorship bucks for RCR and his other two teams.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Dale Sr.'s children were promised DEI. There was no will left for wh gets DEI, so His wife gains control over DEI. We are not sure if it was promised to his kids, but it makes sence that the kids get DEI.

[edit on 20/4/07 by galm 1]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This just in, Dale Jr. has just been offered 51% of DEI!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If I was Junebug, I would accept it because that sounds like a sweet ol' deal to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Which deal, The RCR deal or the DEI deal?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The DEI deal. That is because he would have a fifty-one to fourty nine stake of the DEI Empire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join