It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 is such a big deal.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
focus on the discussion here.
and a baby kangarro is a joey for all ye who care not too know and those who already do, now you know twice.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
focus on the discussion here.
and a baby kangarro is a joey for all ye who care not too know and those who already do, now you know twice.

The baby kangaroo was a sacracastic remark to the banner ad for microsoft live search... anyway, yah back to the topic.... is the mayan calander 100% correct when predicting our solar system cycle?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Accurate, but the view held by Jenkins of its significance is disputed.

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I dont know if you guys know too much on the bible... but as far as i know.

Hmm... In the bible, god shows a certian "attraction", if thats what you wanna call it, to the number 7. Created the earth in 7 days, the divine number 777 blah blah blah..... anyways. Keep that in mind.

When we had our last solar eclipse in 2005, sceintist predicted that we were to have another 7 years from then in 2012.

In the bible the number 1914 is very significant... ofcourse its also very significant to Jehova Witnesses. To clarrify why they believe in that... after the years...

Ok here we go...

According to Jesus, he said the the times of the gentiles and there nations [Luke 21:24] were going to be ruling for a short amount of time. He said the 'trampling' would end when he became king. When would that occur? Well the account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how loong that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. he saw an immense tree that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: "Let seven times pass over it."

In the Bible trees are something used to represent rulership[ezekiel 17:22-24 31:2-5] So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how gods rulership, as expressed through the kings of Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However the vision served notice that this 'trampling of Jerusalem would be temporary- a period of "seven times" So how long is that exactly?

Well revelations 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal "a thousand two hundred and sixty days. so "Seven Times" would last twice as long. or 2,520 days. But the gentile nations did not stop trampling on gods rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem's fall. Evidently then this covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6 which speak of "a day for a year," the "seven times" would cover 2,520 years.

How does this lead up to 2012, well iam getting there. hold your horses.

From october 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic King was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, "the appointed times of the nations" ended and [according to Jehova witnesses] Jesus Christ was installed as God's heavenly King.[psalms 2:1-6 and daniel 7:13,14.

"SEVEN TIMES"
2,520 Years

606 1/4 years 1913 3/4 years
october 607 B.C.E to January 1,1 C.E to
december 31, 1 B.C.E October 1914

607 0 1914
|---------------------------------------------------------------|

From 1914 to 2012. If subtracted you have a difference of 98 years, which when dived by either 3.5 or 7 can be devidely into a solid number. Either 28 or 14. Both also divdable by 7 or 3.5. Anyways. That brings us to 2012. All the nubmers are significant to god in one way or another. Like 3.5 in revelations 12:6-14. And 7 in genisies[forgot where] Anyways. Besides that the propehcys in 2 of Timothy 3:1-5 also show us that something is up.

Other texts maybe...? [matthew 24:3-8 and Luke 21:11]

Anways. thats my perspective. Besides didnt someone predict ww3 around 2008 and to end in 2012? or is that just a brain fart?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is more to this 1212 thing than a calender prediction. There are economic aspects as well that could turn out to be fatal to our economy. The only difference is that the economic part is not an exact date but roughly a 5 year period.

Starting at 2010 the first batch of baby boomers will be retiring and in record numbers. The boomers make the largest segment of the population so when they retire there will be more people not working than working. This has 2 bad parts to it.

First is social security- With a small number of working people trying to support a large group of non working people can only lead to trouble. In order for the retiree's to recieve the SS payments, Taxes must be raised for the workers, or some benefits must be dropped for the old, or lastly the feds must resort to their only means , borrowing, just imagine what that would do to the national debt.

second is the stock market- many people have 4014's and law states that you must begin to withdrawl at 70 1/2 yearl old. Again with so many boomers withdrawling at once, will there be enough people to put money back in?

Where will this lead to? More wealth being transferrred from the middle class to the rich i suppose.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Are you referring to this Terrance McKenna

Doesn't really seem a reliable source of info, to me.

Lex

I assume you think this because of the fact that he did drugs? So you think drugs are bad becuase the government says so? McKenna was probably one of the most important philosophers of the last 30 years and his ideas of time, technology, and the nature of psychedelic drugs will blow your mind.

If you haven't even heard of him and you are making any sort of comment about 2012 you need to get a clue. The fact that he did psychedelics makes him even more reliable. If you want to believe that drugs will make you insane etc., then you are buying into the some of the biggest pile of BS that our christain society has created.

The one thing that gives us our place in this world is our consciousness, so why wouldn't you want to explore it? It's not just some artificial hallucination when you do these things. The substances are natural and have a profound effect on our brains, are we to just say that there is no significance to them at all? Why would these powerful reactions exist if they weren't important.

If Terrence were still alive today he would be the first to tell you 'hey I have all these ideas but then again I did alot of drugs so maybe im crazy", but he would only say those things because he knew how smart he was and he was humble enough to realize that he would be looked at as a druggy. He was not some stupid hippy with crazy ideas that didn't make sense.

Just listen to him talk and you will realize his mind is ten times sharper then yours will ever be. There is a difference between drug abuse and psychedelic exploration, but then again maybe I'm just a druggy.

heres a link for you to ignore and never visit because it's about a drug user please don't click this you might learn something!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I find it difficult to get too excited about the predictions of the Mayans, who couldn't even foretell that their culture and most Native American culture would be pretty much wiped out by the invading Europeans only a few hundred years in their future. Oops.

I put them in the same category as all the Christians who keep waiting for Jesus to return or the Apocalypse to happen. At some point - several hundred years, a thousand years, two thousand years - you gotta figure that they're just wrong about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
wow, lots of varying opinions, but where is the info? We all know about the calendar, but let's relate it to other fields of study. You can't expect to understand by looking at an ancient calendar (all the links on above posts), and not a modern scientific view, or even a psychic/clairvoyant.

check out some of the following links to aquaint yourselves with a lot of the information available to the varying ideas of the 2012 "phenomena".

Reader's Digest Condensed Version follows:

2012 = end of mayan calendar, which is start of the next "cycle" (this is the end of the 13th (i think) "long count")
Wikpedia Mayan Calendar

Some relate this to the change to fourth density relationships and an emotional focus on the world rather than materialistic.
Fourth Density Relationship Prep

A lot of places (sry no link in my memory banks) tell that most psychics cannot reach beyond 2012 as if there is a meta-physical wall between our reality and the one after this one.
Google a bit...

This time-frame also coincides with the polar shift that science tells us we are approaching.
Polar Shift - Earth Axis (tons of links on this one, but this has info on the whole 2012 "thing".)

There is also a lot of scientific info about the frequency "hum" of the Earth is speeding up. Some places even theorize that the acceleration will cause those who do not transcend to lose physical connection with reality and "phase out".
Google a bit - or check the link above about earth axis, etc.

There are also references in a number of religions to the return of each prophet, depending on geography and religious basis. Just one link, as I am reading a book on it now. O.o
Aztec: Quetzalcoatyl

Some have even suggest that the "alien" life forms who created our society will return to select those who are worthy to continue living in a new "soul container". Far-fetched from our small eyes and minds, but what do we know?

Feel free to respond to my craziness. I would love to see some varying opinions/information as this is my favorite topic!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The "Fourth Density" theory seems to apply to what I personally believe will happen the most. If one wants to look at 9/11 from a spiritual perspective, it basically symbolizes the tearing down of materialism and the materialistic mindset. So..

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was born in 1977, now growing up I always remeber hearing about the dates that something big was going to happen.. First it was 1996, then 1999, then 2000. Now during the 90's I never remember seeing any programs about 2012, or much talk about that date.. It was all about 1999 and 2000.. We are well past that, and found that in 2001 something big did happen.. Now here I sit, 2007 and hearing tons of stuff about 2012.. And tons of websites back up facts and blah blah blah..
I just see this as a culture thing, you watch after 2012 goes by theres going to be new dates, and new sites comming up fortelling of the year 2021 and the big changes! Guys and gals, life is always changing, nothing stays the same.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I was born in 1977, now growing up I always remeber hearing about the dates that something big was going to happen.. First it was 1996, then 1999, then 2000. Now during the 90's I never remember seeing any programs about 2012, or much talk about that date.. It was all about 1999 and 2000.. We are well past that, and found that in 2001 something big did happen.. Now here I sit, 2007 and hearing tons of stuff about 2012.. And tons of websites back up facts and blah blah blah..

I am the same age as you, and I can remember them talking about 2012 as early as about 1992 or 93. Although, it wasn't in the doom and gloom context that they talk about it now.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
read the stuff on this page and maybe google video Ian Xel Lungold. He did a very good lecture in BC about the calanders.

www.mayanmajix.com...

The mayan calander accurately predicuted the last 5000 years of consciousness. It also worked back to the beginning of time.

if corelates to the "7 day" theory of the bible in a way. I'm not gonna get into how this works, the video will discuss it.

Either way, i would rather subscribe to the beleif that the mayan calander is tracking the progression of consciousness. It is suggested that 2012 we will see a shift from our reality to a 4th dimensional reality. I'm not holding my breathe, but IMO, 2012 definately has significance. It didnt just pop up lately. This has been around for a long time.

in response to the comment about psychics; I read a story about the government remote viewing projects and they mention the same thing. There is some kind a spiritual wall.

Also i have read that there may be some sort of device that can see the future (this is purely speculation and cannot be substantiated), but it is said that 2012 is where that stops too.

also the philidelphia project where they were working on cloaking and sent a ship into the future makes mention of the 2012 barrier too.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
NICE! I'm glad to see that the "psychic wall" idea wasn't limited to my areas of research, or hokie BS.

and for the post above about all dates coming and going, learn 2 read. it's apparent that you think this 2012 business started last year or something. click on the links i posted. see when the mayan calendar originated? Yea, way before the Y2K bug! ;p

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pumcy
read the stuff on this page and maybe google video Ian Xel Lungold. He did a very good lecture in BC about the calanders.

www.mayanmajix.com...

The mayan calander accurately predicuted the last 5000 years of consciousness. It also worked back to the beginning of time.

Right On! 3 hour video =/ , but well worth it so far. I have about 30 mins left and I can't wait to get home today to continue. This guy and his partner, caleman or w/e have got a pretty darn good theory going here. It coincides with so many of my own "pieces of the puzzle" that I found before watching this video. Good game sir.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
According to the Mayan cycle, this year is ruled by the god Tezcatlipoca which is god of darkness. The first two cycles were longer 434-829 and 1932-1952 but were ruled under the same god. Ending on November 13, 2008, the next year is ruled by the goddess of birth Yohulticitl. This year will have a deep crisis for global materialistic culture and a destructive reaction. Which we can all agree is being played out before us like a play. Next year will be a breaking down of economics, government, religion. There will be intense conflicts between east and west as well as a new spirituality against the remnants of the global materialistic power.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
-You have voted Mushroom Fields Forever for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.-

Mushroom fields forever....

You are a being after my own heart.

I didn't really have the stomach to defend TM here, I've spent years haranguing the bud growing community about, with only small success.

It takes a good argument to make me change my mind, or drugs, but Mr. McKenna managed to cure me of my own pessimistic predeliction when it comes to the Eschaton. To paraphrase (from Food of the Gods): Of course the jump to Hyperspace is scary, just as death is scary when solely on a personal basis, when viewed from one side. Just imagine if you'd never heard anything about child birth and had no inkling about how humans come into the world. Now imagine you walked down an alley and saw a woman lying there in the throes of labour. You aren't going to see it as any miracle of life, you will see a distended abdomen, blood, hear her screams and think that this woman was being torn up from inside. Thats how it is with the end of the world.

Since the one thing we do know is that we are all going to die individually, why are people so scared at the thought of us all going out together?

As far as '___' goes, it is another thing we know, that all of us WILL trip on '___' and have done already. The brain is swamped with '___' when we are born, and again when we die, if at no other time. This means that tripping on exogenous '___' may be taking us to where we come from, and where we go. It is definitely taking us somewhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I just watched Decoding the Past on T.V and they were talking about 2012 and the Mayans. Here's my opinion.

1. Why would the priests only keep 4 of those mayan documents when they burned the rest of them? It doesn't make any sense why they would keep them. According to them they were the works of the devil and we know how Christianty was back then.

2. To me it sounds like its coming from the bible, when they talk about famine, and half of people will live and the other half will die. Sounds to me like the end of times from the bible. Remember the Mayans were defeated by the Conquistadors and turned into Christians.

Don't get me wrong I believe the Mayan Calander exists, I just don't believe that the world is going to end in 2012.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
for some reason ive been living my life as if there are only a few more years left... i dunno whether its because of the imminent nuclear war, humans killing this earth, or the mayan calender... i just have a feeling that within the next few years this earth is going to be down the crapper.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Reply to poster above about christianity and its interference in the mayan culture:

ALL of the prophet-based religions in the world (Buddhism, Christianty, etc) have prophecies of an end time of destruction followed by ascension. (they also share the "story" of deluge, too.) It just seems that the Mayans didn't mask the information when it was distributed amongst their culture. Christianity sure masked the truth, as well as other western religions.

[warning: opinion ahead]

I believe that the point of these prophets was missed when they organized these prophecies into religion. The point was to take the message and figure it out and run with it - not to create a set of religious "laws" to hold you down and keep you learning from others, when the idea of fellowship is to share, not to be told what to do (ie: catholicism or any other organized religion).

So, (IMO) the idea now is to embrace new ideas and/or spirituality, because the "law" of the past has been transcended, and we will need to rise up to our new niche in the universe. And this will become more apparent as the 2011/2012 game date draws near.

on a similar note:
A member of my family received a message recently (from a supernatural source) that had to do with this subject. I should post it here when I get home tonight. It is very specific about the changes coming and how to deal with them.

[edit on 4/26/2007 by 12SeVeN34]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thank you Karilla

I want to share a link with you guys. It is the first interview I ever heard with Terence McKenna on the Art Bell Show in 97. Once I heard him start talking about time I could't stop listening for the entire 3 hour interview.

Seriously, believe in 2012 or not you are really missing out if you don't at least check out some of his ideas. Time travel, technology, ancient cultures, psychedelics, UFOs, he discusses and ties in all of these things.

Here is an excerpt of the interview

TM: Well, so in looking at this, I created a vocabulary ... actually I borrowed it from Alfred North Whitehead ... but I think I'm on to something which science has missed, and it's this; it's that the universe, or human life or an empire or an ecosystem, any large scale or small scale process, can be looked at as a dynamic struggle between two qualities which I call habit and novelty. And I think they're pretty self explanatory. Habit is simply repetition of established patterns, conservation, holding back what has already been achieved into a system, and novelty is the chance-taking, the exploratory, the new, the never-before-seen.

And these two qualities--habit and novelty--are locked in all situations in a kind of struggle. But the good news is that if you look at large scales of time, novelty is winning, and this is the point that I have been so concerned to make that I think science has overlooked. If you look back through the history of the human race, or life on this planet, or of the solar system and the galaxy, as you go backward in time, things become more simple, more basic. So turning that on its head, we can say that as you come towards the present things become more novel, more complex.

So I've taken this as a universal law, affecting historical processes, biological processes and astrophysical processes. Nature produces and conserves novelty, and what I mean by that, as the universe cools the original cloud of electron plasma, eventually atomic systems form, as it further cools molecular systems, then long-chain polymers, then non-nucleated primitive DNA-containing life, later complex life, multi-cellular life, and this is a principle that reaches right up to our dear selves. And notice, Art, it's working across all scales of being. This is something that is as true of human societies as it is of termite populations or populations of atoms in a chemical system. Nature conserves, prefers novelty. And the interesting thing about an idea like this is that it stands the existentialism of modern philosophy on its head ... you know, what modern, atheistic existentialism says is that we're a cosmic accident and damn lucky to be here, and any meaning you get out of the situation, you're simply conferring. I say, no ... by looking deeply into the structure of nature, we can discover that novelty is what nature produces and conserves, and if that represents a universal value system, then the human world that we find today with our technologies and our complex societies represents the greatest novelty so far achieved, and suddenly you have a basis for an ethic--that which advances novelty is good, that which retards it is to be looked at very carefully.

Here is a transcript of the interview
TM on Art Bell 97

The site I posted before has the actual radio interview along with later interviews, and tons of other TM stuff

I also think it's funny how alot of your who are skeptical obviously don't even try and find answers, just say things like 'o everyone predicts doomsdays and they don't come true'. 2012 isn't even really about doom. Obviously nobody can PROVE the future, but there is far more evidence than lack of it. Saying the world will end in the new millenium is one thing. Saying the end of an era will come on 12-21-2012 is an enirely more significant claim.
How are you not intrigued enough to look into it a little deeper?

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join