It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow person experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have recently posted a couple comments in other threads about strange noises in my house. I don’t talk about it much to other people aside from a few close friends. Often when you tell others about an experience you’ve had, they’ll be more open to relate their experiences.

I went with a friend to visit his uncle Dave, a very nice guy who is about 55 years old. We were having a couple beers, just chatting, and then my buddy told Dave about the strange noises in my house. Dave asked “Have you ever heard of shadow people or shadow creatures or whatever the hell they call them.?” I said I had heard of them. He proceeded to relate this story.

In the early 70’s, a friend of his went through a “criminal period” . Hanging with some shady people, stealing, breaking into cars, etc. Then suddenly the guy became a good citizen, a model of virtue. One day the guy explained to Dave the reason for his transformation.
He was going to sneak into a back yard about 2 AM and steal some tools and other items. The area was a wealthy neighborhood, with lots of stately old homes.
According to the ex-thief friend, it was very dark, no moonlight, and he was quietly sneaking around the back of the house. He saw “something” straight ahead of him on the walkway through the yard. The figure then moved very slightly. As he stopped and focused, he saw “an absolutely jet-black” figure of a man there. It was at the end of a picnic table, as if hiding behind it. He said it was in the most menacing crouching position, like it was going to pounce on him. He saw the head, shoulders, legs…the entire body. He described it as "like a Spiderman suit of solid black."
From his description, “you couldn’t even call it a shadow…it was SO BLACK”.
The guy bolted and ran several blocks before stopping. From what he told Dave, the terror he felt was “off the chart”. He abandoned his criminal ways from then on. Dave said he still talks to the guy occasionally. A couple years ago, the guy told him not a day goes by that he doesn’t think about that night.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have heard and read reports of shadow people and how freked out alot of them get. Their so menacing and such they say. But unfortuantly for me it has only piqued my intreast in seeing one. Yes i am a severely misunderstood person

But it would make me do ya know what in my pants and make me go in the corner in the fetal posistion
But yea, Shadow People are becoming a little more common place now that pppl are tellling their stories

Nice thread

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
lw,

It sounds very similar to the experience I had as a child. The jet black sihouette, the crouching position and the most uncontrollable fear Ive ever experienced.

Read my story here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only consolation I can offer after my experience is that I have yet to witness the shadow person since, however I've been subject to a hell of a lot weird happenings.

Hope it helps

~Kolo~

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It is my belief that shadow people are sentinent beings within this reality, though are not human.

This is why most experience the 'uncontrollable fear'. I do not think they are evil in nature, just that we are viewing another species which is sentinent, thus shakes the foundations of our existence.

Furthermore, I feel their jet black state is a human neural defence concept to protect us from completely breaking down.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Some folk who have the sleep problem narcolepsy see these figures when they're going to sleep, or when waking up. I've actually spoken to a couple of folk who have seen completely glowing white figures. No details just a full lit up silhouette of a person.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Strange timing this one came up.

The other night, my daughter came home really shaken up. She had just left some friends, and on her way past one of the many paths (alleys) that run between houses in this part of the countryside, she looked down as she usually does, just to see if anyone was approaching or whatever, for safety reasons.

But this time, she said as she looked down the path, a shadow stepped back out of view. She said it was so unusual, because it meant they would have to be just standing in the middle of the path, not moving in any direction, and she said it spooked her because it was just a shadow, and whoever it was, was definitely trying to hide from view. I thought nothing of this, other than to tell her that I'm glad she does not use those paths if there was a chance someone might just wait and hide. But now after reading about this, I'm wondering if it might have been something else!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wonder if there's any connection with these?

www.stuartwilde.com...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebankh
Wonder if there's any connection with these?

www.stuartwilde.com...

Their proabaly similar in the sense of these beings of shadown people and the ones one the website on transdimensinal or not of this dimension, so to speak.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My experience with them is when I was about 12, I heard and saw one standing at the foot of my bed for about 15-30 minutes. I just remained frozen under the covers and did not move.

It eventually turned around and walked back up the stairs. This was in a house where 2 other people had seen the same entity about a month or two before my experience.

I had a hard time going to sleep at night for quite a while.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorax18
My experience with them is when I was about 12, I heard and saw one standing at the foot of my bed for about 15-30 minutes. I just remained frozen under the covers and did not move.

It eventually turned around and walked back up the stairs. This was in a house where 2 other people had seen the same entity about a month or two before my experience.

I had a hard time going to sleep at night for quite a while.

That is spooky! It stayed there a while then walked away?!!

Thanks for responses everyone. The shadow people phenomenon is intriguing
for sure...I'd like to actually see one myself, but not a really menacing one,
like in the story I heard.

top topics

join