It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

overly inquizitive people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i just can't deal with these types of people. i mean don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with asking questions, but sometimes all you really need to do is put two and two together and then you'd realize that asking a question isin't what you need to do. here's what happend.

i went to my friend's house because i needed to borrow his book on html. and his sister overheard me asking him about borrowing it and was all like...
what are YOU needing that book for?. i wanted sooooo bad to say why in the
would i need this book if i wasn't interested in knowing about html. but i just glared at her and shook my head.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
haha its like when im watching TV with my buddy and his girlfriend.. his girlfriend is always asking questions about the show we're watching.. the questions she asks are so horrible, like she asks questions that no one else watching the program would know cuz it hasn't even happened yet. like before a commercial they show a clip of what happens after the break she'll say something like "wait, what happened?"

haha, i know what you mean man

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, overly inquisitive people are a pet peeve of mine as well. Of course, if your friend had asked you why you needed the book,it would have been an entirely different thing. However, when a third party starts asking questions then it's time to

I always hate it when people start asking personal questions, like:

"What do you think of Shirley Que?" or "What did you and so and so talk about?"

et cetera... It's none of your business!! :shk:

[edit on 16-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OR OR OR OR OR When i get off the phone the person im with has to ask me "Who was that?"

"It was the devil he told me to kill the next person that asks me a stupid question!"

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
OR OR OR OR OR When i get off the phone the person im with has to ask me "Who was that?"

"It was the devil he told me to kill the next person that asks me a stupid question!"

Yeah, I have a niece who, if I've been on the phone longer than she deems appropriate, will ask, "Who you talking to?" Like my niece is my mother or girlfriend or something. :shk: Drives me crazy.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Understandable.

I work with an ad agency, and whenever I give them instructions or things to do, they cannot look at the info provided and mak an educated guess, they have to call me incessantly throughout the day and ask me question after question about the same thing.

Go ahead and use the brain that was given to you and make an educated guess. Stop bothering me.

As for the questions recieved indirectly, like your phonecall/book question, I have about 1.5% tolerance for that kind of stuff. If I wasnt asking you, then that means I dont want to hear your answers, or have you give me a grand inquisition because I was to read something.

Come on people....give it up.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If anyone asks me a dumb or un-needed question I usually turn sarcastic and give them one of the great classics like:

Q: Why do you want that book about html?
A: Because I want to bake a cake! ha ha

or sometimes I get really obscure:

A: Cos they don't have the DVD! ha ha ha ha

Don't let the annoying dimwits get you down, just p*#s them off

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
If anyone asks me a dumb or un-needed question I usually turn sarcastic and give them one of the great classics like:

A: Because I want to bake a cake! ha ha

or sometimes I get really obscure:

A: Cos they don't have the DVD! ha ha ha ha

Don't let the annoying dimwits get you down, just p*#s them off

Oh my God! Me too! I always seize the opportunity every time I can. And my science teacher as well. She's hilarious. Everyone always asks incredibly stupid questions in her class and she's so sarcastic and cracks us all up.

Like when I fall off a bike and my knee is completely split open and bleeding and people come up to me like

"Are you okay?"
I'm like "OH YEAH THE GREAT AMOUNTS OF BLOOD COMING OUT OF MY BODY ARE PERFECTLY OKAY."
If someone is seriously hurt, you don't ask them if they're okay, you call 911. Stupid!

Or if I'm crying and someone asks me "Are you sad?"
Or if I'm eating grapes and someone asks me "So you like grapes?"

And I hate people who ask stupid questions in class. Like yesterday in class, some idiot who thought he was being highly philosophical raised his hand and asked, "How big is space?"

Oh and some dimwit who asked if flourescent lights had UV rays in them. And my teacher gave him this look (o_O) and said, "Honey, we'd all be dead."

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"[insert stupid question]"

*SMACK!*

"Ouch! Why did you hit me!?"

That one is always funny.

I also hate people who cannot stop asking what's going to happen next in a TV show or movie. Even worse is when people repeatedly guess what's going to happen next. I like guessing every now and then as well, but you don't have to sit there thinking out loud about what's going to happen next the whole damn time the movie is going!

new topics

top topics

join