It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in German Army Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Racism in German Army Video

www.cnn.com

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- A video showing a German army instructor telling one of his soldiers to envision African-Americans in the Bronx while firing his machine gun was broadcast Saturday on national television.

The video, coming after scandals involving photos of German soldiers posing with skulls in Afghanistan and the abuse of recruits by instructors, seemed likely to raise more questions about training practices in Germany's conscript army.

"We can no longer talk about an isolated case," said Lt. Juergen Rose of the Darmstaedter Signal, a group of current and former army officers and sergeants who independently review military procedures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
medienkritik.typepad.com

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This isn't just racism -- it's also anti-Americanism too IMO.

To suggest that soldiers envision black U.S. citizens living in the Bronx as a perfect target is just disgusting. They don't say criminals or any other thing. Just black New Yorkers.

Disgusting!

Things like this make Imus's statement look practically meaningless...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 4/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
it is not anti-americanism for they like alot of people around the world envision americans as white anglo-saxon ethnicities.

Envisiging black americans in the bronx is partly ethnic-cleansing in theory and partly frustration at the spread of "black orientated gang culture" through music videos and the like that has alot of people fed up in many countries at its influence bad influeneces with the youth of today.

Im just saying it as it is ........

Or they could be training for their future invasion of the US under the UN, please check my thread below for more info on that one -

Titled - "USA ready for takeover by foreign troops"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

mod edit, fixed link

[edit on 15-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I saw the article on the news this evening, and I must admit I don't know what to make of it.

Having never been a fan of the Wermacht, I would have to conclude that old habits die hard.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I dont see what is so wrong about this ?? Its just as Black people putting up Nazi's and shooting them at a gun range or people putting up Turbaned Arabs and shooting them at the gun range.

Black people in the bronx are quite intimidating, they represent gangsters and the criminal element in society. These German recruits are mostly more pacifist in their real lives and to bring out the fear and aggression in them, such mental imagery is required to boost to their confidence and overcome fear.

The Black community should take it as a compliment that these people consider then 'dangerous' enough to ask their soldiers to picture them as the enemy.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I agree this is awful.

What if this training is for real? Could they be thinking about doing something like this?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
so IAF101 if it was israelis that they were shouting these remarks to would you be replying in the same stance as you are now?
i take it you are israeli

sorry for the off topic but these replies realy to intreige me

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I dont see what is so wrong about this ?? Its just as Black people putting up Nazi's .......

Black people in the bronx are quite intimidating, they represent gangsters and the criminal element in society. These German recruits are mostly more pacifist in their real lives and to bring out the fear and aggression in them, such mental imagery is required to boost to their confidence and overcome fear......

Not all black people in the bronx are or intend to represent gansters. If you are intimidated the YOU have a problem and quite frankly are a racist. I have family that lives in NYC and the Bronx.And when the hell is the last time a black person put up a pic of a NAZI to use as target practice are you for real? Yeah whatever mental imagegry is needed thats why at gun ranges you have a non descript. outline of a person. I find your comments to be offensive (yet midly funny) Your intimidated ??? Get real..and Get Over it. Have you been to the bronx? Why were you intimidated..what were you doing?? Either you were doing something you werent supposed to be doing...in a place you had no business being in or....Did was some crime committed against you by a black person (if thats the case you still should not generalize)or your just a racist and you intimidated by black people in general.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, here's the vid if anyone is interested (or understands German):-

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
so IAF101 if it was israelis that they were shouting these remarks to would you be replying in the same stance as you are now?

What the hell are you talking about?

That is SO FAR off topic it isn't even funny honestly..

Are you so full of hatred that its always on your mind? .. No better then these Germans, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Are you so full of hatred that its always on your mind? .. No better then these Germans, thats for sure.

I think he was trying to say what if they were telling to soldiors to envision isrealis...then he would be offended b/c he is a supporter of (and possibly isreali himself) I dont think it is off topic. Its easy to be ok with these comments if you are not the group targeted. I THINK was the point he was trying to make....forgive me if im wrong

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ah... I C where your coming from. Bodrul worded it in a way that was hard to discern what he was meaning..

If they where telling people to pretend it was Israelis or Jews I think it actually would have been a MUCH larger uproar (because of their history) .. I know I in NO way would agree with that.

Saying black in the bronx is messed up to, but what concerns me even more then the general racism is how little they really know about America, especially American minorities..

Anyone from Germany? If so my question would be when you think of African Americans if it gangster rappers from the bronx or South Central that you think of?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, i can't understand the big attention to this video. i lived 17 years in Germany, my German is perfect, i watched the video and didn't find anything racist in it.

The officer just plays with scenarios, what is normal in every military training as i know. He starts with terrorists, and on the second scenario the tells the soldier to imagine being in the Bronx. He actually didn't say "Nigger", no he said (translated) "Afroamerican".

Translated: "3 Afro Americans get out of a car, and say something bad about you mom. Now, load your gun, fire 3 times, and before you fire each shot you say mother#er"

Thats it.

So why such a panic?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

read my reply again

Originally posted by bodrul

i said if they were israelis would his opinion be diffrent

jeez

i dont see how its hard to see the point as its clear as day
look at the bold parts

edit next time i make these replies to see someones opion in diffrent scenarios i will make sure to make it more clear for you guys

also my mind isnt full of hatred
is yours?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I dont see what is so wrong about this ?? Its just as Black people putting up Nazi's and shooting them at a gun range or people putting up Turbaned Arabs and shooting them at the gun range.

Black people in the bronx are quite intimidating, they represent gangsters and the criminal element in society. These German recruits are mostly more pacifist in their real lives and to bring out the fear and aggression in them, such mental imagery is required to boost to their confidence and overcome fear.

The Black community should take it as a compliment that these people consider then 'dangerous' enough to ask their soldiers to picture them as the enemy.

And this is why I hate coming to this site more and more. Once the real mentality of many of the posters here was revealed to me recently, I never looked at this site the same.

When I first came here, I thought it was racially neutral, all about conspiracy and stuff. There was racism, sure, but it seemed more like individual idiots. That was when I stayed threads like the 9/11 and War on Terror threads. But once I came to the Social Issues forum, it was like the cloak was removed with flair. Really.

But, really, I should thank you. Posters with your mentality have taught me lessons that literally no school has on the curriculum. I guess it's more subtle today, yeah, but it's there all the same. I'm just glad I eventually figured it out; better late than never.

And, look. You already admit that you "CONFESS HATE." But hey, I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have to agree with truthseeka. Ever since I was involved in a post about Imus as well as others. The racial nuetrality of this forum disappeared and the subtly the racism of certain members began to seep out.

IAF101 ---I am really curious as why you have yet to comment on my post

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Envisiging black americans in the bronx is...partly frustration at the spread of "black orientated gang culture" through music videos and the like that has alot of people fed up in many countries at its influence bad influeneces with the youth of today.

Why are foreigners sooo influenced by "black oriented gang culture?" Do they have a problem thinking for themselves? Besides, I thought people worldwide hate black Americans, and black people in general?

That there is pretty bogus. You're in Australia, so there's probably many people that believe this in other countries. Blame the black man...just saying it as it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LOL
I can't believe IAF posted that LOL!!

The rest of the world can't get enough of this American Life!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Envisiging black americans in the bronx is...partly frustration at the spread of "black orientated gang culture" through music videos and the like that has alot of people fed up in many countries at its influence bad influeneces with the youth of today.

Why are foreigners sooo influenced by "black oriented gang culture?" Do they have a problem thinking for themselves? Besides, I thought people worldwide hate black Americans, and black people in general?

That there is pretty bogus. You're in Australia, so there's probably many people that believe this in other countries. Blame the black man...just saying it as it is.

Wow Trutt.. I would not let the preaching of 1 disgruntled racist individual on another thread (now banned) alter your perception of this site..

Just remember man..

There is a difference between disagreeing and openly siding otherwise purly based on ethnicity.

If someone says this is not racist, it is NOT IN YOUR RIGHT TO CALL THAT MEMBER A RACIST.

Period. End of it.
You may think so, but hey, maybe thats just your own fault.. some people perceive this differently. From the translation given it does not sound "racist" in the sense that they where doing this because of "blacks" but instead black "culture" hip-hop ect...

And yes, black culture - Hip-hop culture.. IS A CULTURE WITH INFLUENCE WORLD WIDE.

The only sad thing is, the black race is represented by this violent, sexist, racist, gang related culture instead of something that would put you in a better light..

Rap and hip-hop is world wide, in all languages.. this is how you are portraited. Maybe, instead of yelling at people for not seeing this as a big deal, work to change the image your own brother portrait you in.

BUT.. since you have obviously listened to that disgruntled member now banned, you find any white person with an opposing view racist.

Congrats.

Your racist as well.
Its only a cycle.

"Blame the black man"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join