It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows Vista Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I recently purchased a computer with Windows Vista. I don't really like it, but it is what it is. My problem is that I tried to use the Lock feature on the Task Bar to prevent my kids from using the computer when I didn't want them on it. Instead of locking the computer, it locked the Task Bar. Now when I shrink down a program, I can't get it back up. At first I couldn't even see or get to the Task Bar, but I fianlly found the setting to make it show back up. But now even though I can see the programs, all I get when I click one is a 'ding'. Does anyone know how to unlock the Task Bar.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As far as I know, locking the task bar does not block it from being used, it just locks the taskbar in place, stoping it from being resized or dragged.

What did you do to locked it?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You'll need to leave the lock taskbar option on. Right-click on the taskbar, left-click the Properties option, and then deselect the box that says "Auto-hide the taskbar." That should alleviate your problems.

Should you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, as for you're kids using Vista, just make them individual accounts that you and they both know the passwords to, so that you can go and check up on them on a regular basis. This should secure their accounts well enough that you'll be able to catch anything before it's too late. Just a few thoughts.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thank you for your assistance folks. I called the techs at the store where I bought it and they told me to use the 'ALT' & 'TAB' keys to bring my windows back up til I could save them and then to restart my computer. Apparently it was some kind of a glitch. If it happens to any of you, remember, 'ALT' & 'TAB'. Thanks.

top topics

join