It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing White House Email Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I honestly hope that justice will be served in this case, but judging by the past track record of this administration with getting away with evil shyte, I seriously doubt this will be the case. Lets see there is the Libbey case, Rove is nothing but scandal, the you have Rumsfield, Cheney shoots somone in the face... Doesn't it seem as though all kinds of attention was brought on Clinton for the Lewinsky case and yet all this stuff happens with the Bush administration and its out of the news in a week. Would someone just give Bush a BJ so we can impeach him?

edit-sp

[edit on 15-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

News Updates

Analysis: Rove Flap Gives Dems Ammo
ABC News

The administration has acknowledged that some e-mails missing from Rove's Republican party account may relate to the firing of eight U.S. prosecutors last year.
If Rove deliberately deleted e-mails relating to the firing of the prosecutors, Democrats suggest, he could run afoul of a 1978 law that requires the White House to keep documents that relate to presidential actions, decisions and deliberations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
(emphasis mine)

Email Saga Gets Fishier
Washington Post

From 2001 to 2004, the RNC's highly unusual "document retention" policy was to intentionally destroy all e-mails that were more than 30 days old. In the summer of 2004, due to "unspecified legal inquiries," the RNC changed its policy by allowing -- but not mandating -- the indefinite retention of e-mails sent and received by White House staffers on their RNC accounts. That was just around the time special prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald's investigation of White House involvement in the leak of CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity was kicking into high gear.

Then, in 2005, when RNC officials discovered that all of Rove's RNC e-mails were still getting deleted, presumably by Rove himself, they blocked his ability -- and his ability alone -- to do that. Other White House staffers could still delete at will, just not Rove.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
(emphasis mine)

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Let there be justice just once, dear lord during these terrible times!!!

I hope justice IS served this time. That's not too much to ask. :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Some times, the only jsutice you get comes from the justice that you make. When we stay on top of this, and other crimes like it, we can make some of that justice we want so much. Writing about these things with sources posted and rational thoughts up front, we can spread the word. Bad people prevail when people do nothing. So sayeth me.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
A smart insider developing a system to protect certain users from email subpoenas would design it in this way. Simple. Clean. Perfect.

The issue of administrative auditing and accountability is a farce, really. It is just too easy to 'get around the law'. The Govt has the upper hand, under the FOI, the Govt has the authority to discern what is to be information is to be released. Even if its left up to the Judiciary to make the final decision regarding information, the Judiciary is 'subordinate' to the Executive. The investigation, if there is one, will be a joke.

I read in the responses, they are claiming 'they have stuffed up?'... unbelievable!

Oh and Justin, I was reading some ammedments and came across two that proposed 'real protection for whistleblowers'... obviously the protection before wasn't real.

oh edit to include www.uow.edu.au...

Justin, you may already be aware of some of this, but it is a very good read. Even for those who are not whistleblowers.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by NJE777]

[edit on 16-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ah-hah. That was my problem. I had no 'real' protection. Who knew?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The emails have nothing to do with the truth they are hiding the truth which is the reason they fired prosecutors. What they don't want to tell you is that carl rove was to be charged with treason and that would of followed up straight to the traitor Bush. Read on the prosecutors and who they are and where (one prosecutor from Aptos, ca was murdered) find out exactly what the prosecutors were investigating. Remember that the emails are a smoke screen.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How convenient this school shooting is. I want to pull my hair out by my roots. I cant stand it.
What a horrible spectable, the taking of human lives to shift THIS problem to another, at the cost of precious human lives.

This world has got to end.

And dont tell me it wasnt a black op- I'l;l never beleive it.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am with you 100% on this one. I wish I could go into my conspiracy thoughts on the issue as to why and how they manipulated this situation, but I think most people would think me way out there.

Originally posted by dgtempe
How convenient this school shooting is. I want to pull my hair out by my roots. I cant stand it.
What a horrible spectable, the taking of human lives to shift THIS problem to another, at the cost of precious human lives.

This world has got to end.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
All good spin docs and conspiracy buffs know that any tragedy can be used to good effect by politicians. In this case, you might see the testimony of Gonzalez put off as yet more e-mail goes missing.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

It does seem very timely. The thing that stands out for me the most is the fact that the shooting spree lasted over 2 hours before word got out. That is the thing I am having trouble digesting. With the history of school shootings in the US in the last decade, you would think, in all logic that all institutions would have better procedures.

It is just a very very sad day.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Those of you who may have debated with me in the past may find this a shocking post for me...

I originally shrugged this one off, since the whole reason they're even asking for this information is to investigate something that isn't a crime (the firing of the attorneys). I'll still argue that one all day. However, this is something entirely different. Somebody needs to be held accountable for these lost documents.

Being an IT professional, I'll also back up what a few others have said in this thread. If this was not an accident, the emails are gone. Some will tell you that there's records everywhere...but the truth is that all it takes to permanantly destroy data such as this is a screwdriver and a hammer. Hard drive platters shattered into a million pieces will never yield anything. Hoping for copies of this data to be hanging out on some server somewhere isn't likely either. With the large amount of emails in question here, there's no way these are just hanging out in cache somewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Deleted e-mails could prompt obstruction of justice charges for Rove, other White House officials
www.citizensforethics.org

Sloan was referring to a letter written by Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) to various executive agency heads last week that suggested "White House officials retained the ability to delete e-mails form the RNC server until as recently as this month."
Sloan's group organized the conference call to discuss her organization's findings last week in the report "WITHOUT A TRACE: The Missing White House Emails and the Violations of the Presidential Records Act." CREW found that the White House has failed to properly archive millions of e-mails.

"The Executive Office of the President (EOP) has lost over five million emails generated between March 2003 and October 2005," they wrote in a press release last week. "The White House counsel’s office was advised of these problems in 2005 and CREW has been told that the White House was given a plan of action to recover these emails, but to date nothing has been done to rectify this significant loss of records."

Information is surfacing that emails have been deleted from White House email servers, not just RNC-managed servers.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Those of you who may have debated with me in the past may find this a shocking post for me...

I originally shrugged this one off, since the whole reason they're even asking for this information is to investigate something that isn't a crime (the firing of the attorneys). I'll still argue that one all day.

If it wasn't a crime......Why, oh why all the kicking and screaming.....just come right out with the answer when first questioned, and then there'd be absolutely no need to destroy (or try to ) the related e-mails.

In fact, wouldn't the e-mails be the very proof they needed to prove that all was above board. if indeed it was??

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Absolutely the truth. Many people seem to ignore many important issues.

It still amazes me how many people will not let others physically harm them, but when it comes to laws, policy, or anything else handled by the legislature, they seem to just be completely blind.

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Bad people prevail when people do nothing. So sayeth me.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
If it wasn't a crime......Why, oh why all the kicking and screaming.....just come right out with the answer when first questioned, and then there'd be absolutely no need to destroy (or try to ) the related e-mails.

Politicians view professional protocols as things to be used by other people...if they are foolish enough to do so. In purest Machievellian terms, professional standards which are 'mandated' provide cover, or an excuse...to do..."something."

It's in their nature. Politicians don't like to confess to anything if they don't have to. Especially when there is no legal penalty. Some of you didn't believe me when I joined this discussion, but here we are. I'm speaking from experience. Even if I told you what I had a hand in covering up when I was a minor drone for the Feds, some of you wouldn't believe me.

Well, here we are. The bad guys have done it again, right in fron of you. Why? Because they can.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know what, I've been looking through this thread and being in IT myself it seems strange that this type of data isn't properly archived, especially considering the high standards we expect from such branches of the government. This is without a doubt a flat out attempt at covering sensitive information. And no, this type of thing doesn't happen 'all the time', if it ever happened where I work several people would be without a job.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As you may know, the testimony of A.G. Gonzalez has been put off until Thursday. I would suggest that we all pay close attention to it, whenever it does happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Missing White House Email Is Not A New Issue

Backing up some earlier statements that this investigation will likely not be too aggressive (if at all) because all administrations and both parties do this...

North Carolina State University Report On Missing White House Email And Whistle Blowers

PDF
HTML Version (not as good)

The White House installed an Automated Records Management System (ARMS) to store all email
correspondence in one central place, and make it easier to respond to document subpoenas.
Due to a misconfiguration in the system, e-mail to about 500 White House officials was never
recorded. E-mail was first discovered missing in January 1998, but the extent of the problem
was not realized until later that year. Top White House officials were notified in June. Despite
the fact that e-mail was being subpoenaed in a number of civil and criminal cases, including the
Lewinsky affair and the Filegate scandal, the White House did not notify investigators that some
of it was missing. In mid-February 2000, the ex-chief of White House computer operations,
Sheryl Hall, came forward with allegations that Clinton administration officials were involved in
an e-mail coverup. Soon afterwards, Betty Lambuth, working for a private employer under
contract to the White House, charged that White House technicians had been threatened with loss
of job, arrest, and jail if they revealed the problem. This led to a Congressional inquiry and a
criminal investigation by the Justice Department.

In mid-February 2000, the ex-chief of White House computer operations, Sheryl Hall, went
public with allegations that Clinton administration officials were involved in an e-mail coverup
[15]. She charged that e-mail messages written between August 1996 and November 1998 were
intentionally made unavailable to both the Justice Department and Congressional investigators.
The e-mail in question was from the White House computer system run and maintained by
CEXEC, a subcontractor of Northrop Grumman. Shortly thereafter, on March 10, a CEXEC
employee named Betty Lambuth claimed that she notified White House counsel of the glitch,
and was threatened with jail if she told anyone else about it.

Hall and Lambuth engaged the services of Judicial Watch to represent them. Judicial Watch is a
conservative “public-interest” law firm that was suing the White House over several matters on
which the missing e-mail might have shed light.

Some of Lambuth’s co-workers and White House officials characterized her testimony as
inaccurate or overly dramatic [17]. White House system administrator Robert Haas, also a
Northrop Grumman contractor, corroborated her recollection that some of the missing e-mail
was related to the Monica Lewinsky affair [4]. However, he disputed her claim that e-mail
related to other investigations was missing as well. Haas later denied he had any idea of what
was in the lost e-mail messages [5, 6].

Lambuth said that the missing e-mail was related to the Lewinsky affair, Vice President Gore’s
involvement in campaign fundraising controversies [1, 2, 4], the alleged sale of seats on
Commerce Department trade mission seats in exchange for political donations, and the White
House’s acquisition of FBI files on former GOP appointees in violation of privacy policies (the
“Filegate” affair). The mail was lost at a time when Members of Congress, the Justice
Department, and the Office of the Independent Counsel had issued subpoenas demanding all
White House documents relevant to campaign fundraising, the Branch Davidian siege in Waco,
and President Clinton’s relationship with Monica Lewinsky [3].

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
By all appearances... the main stream media has gone quiet on this topic.

Google News Search: "Missing White House Email"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join