It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are electrons aware?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Based on this video it would seem that electrons know when they are being watched:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I can never get the video's to paste for some reason.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Good Wiki about this

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am reading about this in THe Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene. It is very interesting and it would indeed not produce an interference pattern when you try and measure the photon in any way. But (and this is where I am at) you can get information about the photons if you use multiple down converters and beam splitters. What happens is you get information from the idler photons coming out of the down converters. Sorry I don't have a link for this info to help explain it. I am sure someone else can explain further or provide a decent link.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmmm... I could go on and on about this subject

What you are trying to grasp is Coherence.

Coherence is the border between a set pattern and super position.

Coherence occurs when a system has been influenced by another system.

In other words, the properties of a quanta of matter/energy are not set until they are forced to exist in one state or another by a cascade effect caused by organisation.

Organisation I might add is naturally arising across the cosmos and has nothing to do with intelligence or choice.

Quantumly speaking the results of the slits experiment would be very different if we were to observing the path of each individual photon before it arrived at the slits... as we would be forcing the photon out of super position.

Quantum physics is my field so any questions don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info!

By the way, I hope everyone realizes that my comments were tongue in cheek.

top topics

join