It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Idiots At Work!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok! I'm highly educated, but still seem not to be the sharpest pencile in the holder..... I mean Tool in the.... You know what I mean!

I spent many years perfecting my craft as a HighEnd Home Remodeler. Most of the time the homes I work on are very small and very expensive.

The last one I worked on was 4,000 sq. ft. and sold for 2.5 mil. Not bragging just stating that I have spent many years (twenty to be exact) paying my dues and learning the craft.

Granted I do make things look easy and that pisses some people off.

What gets me. Is when I get a new job and the home owner loves me, the boss loves me, everything is peachy. Except for one major problem.

The co-works hate the fact that I'm so skilled in my craft. They spend all there time in struggling in what they are doing and never listening to what I have to teach them. My tricks will make their job look easy also, but they don't care. They are just bent on spending all there time sceeming ways to set me up to get fired. And it always ends up that I do get fired.

The way I see it is that they spend more time sceeming ways to get people fired than they would actually educating themselves on how to do the job correctly and easily.

One example:

There was this house that had some three-way wiring problems. The boss called me in to diagnose the problem and rewire the walls for it to meet code. I had to do this before the Oak Tongue & Grove paneling would be installed the next day. I couldn't make any mistakes because the paneling would be custume installed and cost about 6 thousand dollars for that wall.

No problem, I was given all day to do what my twenty years experience could do in about half the time. No stress, nothing.

I installed the wiring, quadruple checked it and everything was good to go. I gave the Ok for my co-workers to install the paneling for the next day.

During the installation of the paneling I took the day off. When I came back the installation was beautiful. Not a single mistake they made.

There was one problem. I was fired because the wiring did not work and the 6 thousand dollar installation had to be ripped out to fix my error.

I told my boss. You are going to fire me anyway so let me prove that there is sabotage. I demanded that he watch me pull the paneling apart. I did this quickly because he was not interested in what I had to say.

I found a hole in the wall and the wiring had been cut. I said, "see I knew it! Sabtage by the other employees!"

The boss just replied, "Get the hell out of here!"

I could write a book on all the different ways people have set it up so I got fired.

Another example would be:

Loaning tools to me and then telling the boss I stole them. They show the boss they have proof because the tools are in my van!

It's a jungle out there, but these morons are making it impossible to make a honest living!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Seems your saying you know your stuff.

So go get a business licenses at the courthouse and start your own construction business. Put ads in the paper you might start off slow but it will be all yours. Anyways, what about doing some home remodeling for people. Do you make good estimates? Do you have a drafting, engineering background? If not you might have to hire people to work for you rather than you working for someone else.

Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Easier said than done. I have tried for the last 10 years. Everytime I spend money to get the process started I get laid off. I think that is the main reason why so many people try to get me fired so I can never acomplish that goal.

I have no one to borrow money from so I have to work and save up the money. Well, how can I do that if everyone is gunning to get me fired!

I started my career self employed!

IT F' ING PISSES ME OFF AND THAT IS WHEN I WANT TO KILL THE BASTARDS!

Edit Added:

Obviously with 20 years experience I'm trying to get my contractors licence.

I have 20 years experience in business management. Most jobs I get are in management!

F'ing a-holes! Not you though! You just don't understand the complete situation!

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Modemizer]

join