It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers on the Rooftops, Metal Detecters on the Corner for New Years in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This I think may not be a good Idea. Lets say that someone gets a little too drunk and starts to cause a fuss. Then he starts to fight off the police and a sniper is seeing all this from the rooftop. Next thing you know ol' Bob the drunk is splatered on the side walk.

IMO just not a good idea.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031230/ap_on_re_us/new_year_s_eve_security

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you are in NYC's grand central square and you look a lot like Osama Bin Laden then bring a flak jacket and helmet.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For those who have nothing better to do:

Times Square Cam

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh this is great...anyone planning on going better leave their almanacs at home, or risk being gunned down!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Oh this is great...anyone planning on going better leave their almanacs at home, or risk being gunned down!

And thus 2 threads become one

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I personally dont see anything wrong with it. These guys are extremely trained and dont have the authority themselves to shoot at will. With the amount of people that attend this event, wouldnt you want as much defensive measures put into play as possible?

What would you do knowing this is probably the #1 target for terrorists this year?
Let everyone be and hope like hell nothing happens?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
What would you do knowing this is probably the #1 target for terrorists this year?
Let everyone be and hope like hell nothing happens?

I can see the need for increased security...but snipers up on the roof? Seems a little unnecessary to me, unless you just want to scare more people into thinking they are in some grave danger.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I can see the need for increased security...but snipers up on the roof? Seems a little unnecessary to me, unless you just want to scare more people into thinking they are in some grave danger.

I think thats the point...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbit

I think thats the point...

Well of course it is!

Snipers protect us from all those bad terrorists!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ill be there with bells on....Every year it gets more and more complicated with prohibitions, cautions...Its usually pretty mellow, just crowded. The metal detectors slow things down tremendously

new topics

top topics

join