It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich aren't like us - they don't go to war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah only the children of everyday and poor americans are sent to WAR in order to defend the interests not of their country, but so the rich criminals in the White House can get RICHER!! Its #ing disgusting.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Last I checked, after Vietnam...we have a VOLUNTEER army...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
[Edited on 30-12-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The worst thing I heard was Rumsfeld squawking that "Well these reservists joined the Reserves so that they could help protect their country, so expect casualties."

See, I was under the impression that most of these people joined the reserves to get some college money and to work at it only one weekend a month.

NOT to get shot at in Iraq for some stupid damn reasons.

But I guess Rummy knows best.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The army is voluntary. You're right about that Gaz. But when the soldiers are lied to and they die about the reasons for going to war then that's wrong. And u know that.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it's cuz the rich people rule the world

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

For some it is the only opportunity to earn some money for their family. So not that free at all. It's poor people in the army not volunteers, thats a big difference!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no millionaire's son.
It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate one, no."

Sorry, It just had to come out,

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have a friend who is over there now. He moved here about a year and a half ago with his wife and 4 kids. He got called up right after Thanksgiving. Not only did he have to buy $500 worth of suppies himself, his wife and kids had to move back with her parents because the money the Air Force is paying him isn't squat! Oh wait, that's right, he got an additional $100 a month hostile fire pay. While dubya was enjoying his Christmas with his family, my buddy was thousands of miles away from his. If numb-nuts Bush wanted this war so much, he should've put on his dumb-ass flight suit and fought too!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

For some it is the only opportunity to earn some money for their family. So not that free at all. It's poor people in the army not volunteers, thats a big difference!

Look people who go in are generally "lower-class" in terms of families. Is that the rich peoples fault that these people never went to college or never decided to do anything furthur in their lifes. No its isnt. The military these days gives everyone, regardless of financial background a chance to improve themselves and to earn money for college. The choice is up to that individual if he wants to go to college and maybe make his "familiy" income substantially higher than it would be if he never wouldve joined and just got a job out of high school.
So are rich people less likely to join the military, probably so, although Pat Tillman might tell you differantly. Is it their fault that the less income families had not done anything to improve their financial status while these influential people worked hard in college....Not at all.....Sorry I think everyone has a equal chance of making money in this country, maybe not Bill Gates money....but to be well off. If you choose not to take what is basically offered to you, governmental grants, financial aid and such, then sorry....I dont feel sorry for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If they dont mow there own grass do you really think they will kill there own enimies?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

If they dont mow there own grass do you really think they will kill there own enimies?

Good point. LOL!!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
it's cuz the rich people rule the world

money is everything in the world, if you like it or not, its true

everything you do somehow has or had money involved

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The army is voluntary. You're right about that Gaz. But when the soldiers are lied to and they die about the reasons for going to war then that's wrong. And u know that.

I agree with that, but the bottom line is....every single one of them knew that the price for military benefits, could be dying in a war they didn't agree with. Maybe before Nam they didn't know that, but every single soldier since then did. That was a conscious decision on their part...that's my point.

Despite what some think, I know some who get paid DAMN well when they get activated....and they clear some good money, free and clear of Uncle Sam.... Sure, the risk is there, and they signed up for it....

top topics

join