It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatening new cold war over missile defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Russia threatening new cold war over missile defence

www.guardian.co.uk

Russia is preparing its own military response to the US's controversial plans to build a new missile defence system in eastern Europe, according to Kremlin officials, in a move likely to increase fears of a cold war-style arms race.

The Kremlin is considering active counter-measures in response to Washington's decision to base interceptor missiles and radar installations in Poland and the Czech Republic, a move Russia says will change "the world's strategic stability".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
All I can say is this would not be good at all. It seems very scary indeed.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
lol...I take it no one cares about another Cold War with Russia. Just remember we don't have Reagan this time.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The cold war never ended on americas side, we've kept on spending like the coldwar never ended atleast.. Russia was forced to quit due to the collapse of the USSR. If they want to go toe to toe again rest assured the end result will be identical to what it was in 89. the US spends more on its military then russias entire GDP. So much for them going toe to toe with the US.

Both sides should try and work with one another instead of trying to threaten one another.

I dont blame russia for getting just a bit paranoid.

[edit on 083030p://5404pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
russia (and i meant to not capitalize it) is a bunko country and it always has been. Those beef-stews fought world wars with more troops than bullets, thats the kind of russia we're still dealing with. have you seen the mig 1.42/1.44? that thing looks ridiculous; i drew pictures of planes like that when i was 4. You want me to believe that thing will dominate our best planes? do you want me to believe they've made a "plasma-stealth" coating for their glorified paper airplanes? russia has been making false and embellished claims about their military forever. because of our general unpopularity in the international community, and our weakness in unconventional warfare, those rusty-nails feel like they can take a few swings after the bell of a fight they lost miserably. we are not a peace-keeping force - we are an unstoppable military machine. the world needs to remember that. russia can bring it as far as i'm concerned. they know the only chance they have is to launch nukes, and now they know they cant do that either, cause we'll shoot them down like it was level 1, round 1 in Duck Hunt. cold war, schmold war.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by collielikethedog
russia (and i meant to not capitalize it) is a bunko country and it always has been. Those beef-stews fought world wars with more troops than bullets, thats the kind of russia we're still dealing with. have you seen the mig 1.42/1.44? that thing looks ridiculous; i drew pictures of planes like that when i was 4. You want me to believe that thing will dominate our best planes? do you want me to believe they've made a "plasma-stealth" coating for their glorified paper airplanes? russia has been making false and embellished claims about their military forever. because of our general unpopularity in the international community, and our weakness in unconventional warfare, those rusty-nails feel like they can take a few swings after the bell of a fight they lost miserably. we are not a peace-keeping force - we are an unstoppable military machine. the world needs to remember that. russia can bring it as far as i'm concerned. they know the only chance they have is to launch nukes, and now they know they cant do that either, cause we'll shoot them down like it was level 1, round 1 in Duck Hunt. cold war, schmold war.

Totally agree about the bogus russian military claims. They are well known for claims that dont hold much water. You probably would be interested in this thread. its there for a good laugh. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive been trying to tell this stellar guy the same damn thing wihtout having to get into a long drawn out debate.

new topics

top topics

join