It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nu-Horror Classics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You can still score a copy from here:

www.cduniverse.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I loved both Saw 1 & 2, but for the best Horror flick ive seen lately that will stand the test of time i would have to say "Wolfcreek".
Its the best Horror flick ever to come out of Australia, dont know if its been released in the US or not, if it has do yourself a favour and check it out.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
You can still score a copy from here:

www.cduniverse.com...

Thank you Preest.. I actually still remember me, my mother,my sister and my niece going to the theater to watch that when I was just a child. My sister and niece were so scared when we took them home that my mother had to walk them into their own home.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
I loved both Saw 1 & 2, but for the best Horror flick ive seen lately that will stand the test of time i would have to say "Wolfcreek".
Its the best Horror flick ever to come out of Australia, dont know if its been released in the US or not, if it has do yourself a favour and check it out.

Wolfcreek has been released here in the States but I don't know if I'm prepared to proclaim it the best Aussie horror film made. Razorback had a huge fanbase before it slipped into obscurity due to no DVD release. I must admit though I'm looking forward to Rogue.

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Thank you Preest.. I actually still remember me, my mother,my sister and my niece going to the theater to watch that when I was just a child. My sister and niece were so scared when we took them home that my mother had to walk them into their own home.

Ha! Yeah it was pretty wild and gross. I'll be sure to drop you a line when the Special Edition hits shelves. It's been planned for quite some time now.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Wolfcreek has been released here in the States but I don't know if I'm prepared to proclaim it the best Aussie horror film made. Razorback had a huge fanbase before it slipped into obscurity due to no DVD release. I must admit though I'm looking forward to Rogue.

Dont mean to rubbish you mate but Razorback was a bit of a joke here, i like many others laughed through most of it.

With the backpacker murders and the Falconio murder still fresh in our minds Wolfcreek has a hell of alot more of an edge to it, as well as being nice and scary imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I really didn't care for Razorback. I haven't seen Wolfcreek yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I believe in the long run Wolfcreek will be remembered but far from ever considered classic.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will tell you a movie that is a classic to me. Of course, it's not a new movie by any means. The Entity is a movie that I believe is a classic. I guess it's because it's "based on a true story." It scared the hell out of me. Really.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Entity scared the # out of me when I was younger. Great movie!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Preest, the first time I saw it was almost a year ago, and I have to say that it is one of, if not, the scariest movies I have ever watched.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I still find The Exorcist a bit scarier than films like The Entity, Amityville Horror and The Changeling but The Entity does definitely rank amongst some of the most memorable.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I still find The Exorcist a bit scarier than films like The Entity,

I don't know if it's due to the many times that I have seen the Exorcist or what, but I personally don't find it that scary. Honestly, I find the Exorcism of Emily Rose much more frightening than The Exorcist. Maybe,perhaps, again because the Exorcism of Emily Rose was based on a true story.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To jump on the Scream bandwagon, I'll defiantly still be talking about it in 20 years time - forcing my children to watch the trilogy! It's sad, but I really do love those films - and I know I shouldn't! I've seen the first at least 20 times now, and the rest on re-watches aren’t far behind, they bring back good memories of my childhood ^_^.

Of course Ringu will be talked about in 20 years times, hopefully the American version will be 'accidentally' eradicate from history to make the world right again ^_^. And I would hope that Takashi Miike’s films live on in their notoriety, he’s a brilliant director! If you haven’t seen his films, check out ‘Audition’ and the live action version of ‘Ichi the Killer’. I’ve still yet to see visitor-Q and MPD Psycho, but I’ve heard good things about them

I can’t really think of any American or British horror films of recent years that I think will last. I agree that Saw will probably live on, and no doubt Hostel – although that was awful, and not in the way it wanted to be XD. Shaun of the Dead was a great film, which I think will live on. Most recent horrors have been remakes, or old films told in a different way. You just can’t beat the classics, Poltergeist will always have a place in my heart!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have Audition. It's a pretty interesting movie. I thought Shaun of the Dead, although to be fair I don't like comedy mixed with horror, was terrible.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Entity? OMG...that brings back memories! I forgot about that movie. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that about the woman that was raped by a ghost? You could see the imprints of a hand on her breast! Damn that was f-ed up.

IMHO all the movies listed can't hold up to the true classics. I did like The Ring...and enjoyed the Saw Trilogy. Maybe they will stand up.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
The Entity? OMG...that brings back memories! I forgot about that movie. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that about the woman that was raped by a ghost? You could see the imprints of a hand on her breast! Damn that was f-ed up.

Yep, that's the one. From what I understand, even after the woman moved from her residence, while the attacks decreased, they still continued.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join