It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the address of my home doing on this site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The site listed our homes address. I mean they really shouldn't, they can't do that, right, isn't that like illegal?

mvhs.mbhs.edu...

We never registered for such a thing. Additionally I would NOT register for it. Why is our old email address on a "truth" website"?

EDIT: No this is not a hoax. My mom's email and address is on that site.

The question is what is it doing there?
[edit on 9-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

8th

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its the website for Maryland Virtual High School, is your mother an instructor or former instructor there? Most of those email addresses are education related, and those are usually public.

Maybe that is the student database in case they need to get a hold of one of their online instructors, possibly working from home?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It is? OH.

Well even though my mom is a teacher, our address for our house is up on the site.

I don't feel as though it should be there either.

Cug

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looks like a school project

We seek to understand the effect of impervious surfaces on the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. Your data is combined with data from other schools and submitted to Towson University for processing to validate Landsat surface determination.

mvhs.mbhs.edu...

It's an old project that must of been improperly set up, and now forgotten. Pages like the one you posted should not be web accessible.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree with Cug that this website was improperly setup. It's just a comma seperated value .dat file that draws informatiom from mvhs.mbhs.edu...

Which means your mom probably entered the information there.

You can pretty much view every directory directly from a web browser due to the improperly configured web-server. I'd contact the administrator to have them correct these issues.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
one of my former teachers is on there...doesnt look like anything to really be worried about.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I suppose that this is nothing to worry about. I don't like my address being shown on a publicized and critically acclaimed website and I hate how our old email address is on there and we don't use that one anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Speak to the owner of the site and complain immediately.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I suppose that this is nothing to worry about. I don't like my address being shown on a publicized and critically acclaimed website and I hate how our old email address is on there and we don't use that one anymore.

Welcome to the world of the internet. Google your name and your family's names and see what you come up with. Then wait a year and do it again. No one is safe.

top topics

join