It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very well then what are our options here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ok so I wrote my previous post here to spark a reaction from different people to find out their views on so called "Global Warming" as well as stating my own opinions but that is irrelevant now.
So people what are our options here?
I have come up with a few.
1- To reduce carbon emisions to acceptable levels the majority of every nations energy supply will have to come from Nuclear Power which is relativly carbon free.
2- All motorvechicles will have to be either powered by Hydrogen or electricity (solar is out of the question as it is too inefective)
3- Then every single nation's industrie's will have to be drawn away from fossil fuels, and would have to sign the Kyoto Protocol which would be disatrous for the U.S and the country i happen to live in called Australia, it will ruin both these nations economy's that's why George Bush and John Howard are rufusing to sign the damn thing!
4- The human race will also gave to get it's act together in regard to space exploration either we expand or die, the colonization of Mars will have to be started some time this half of the century if the human race want's to see any results soon.

So those are my suggestions please feel free to add more

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ah, how about merely adjusting to higher temperatures and rising sea levels?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How are we going to adjust to rising temperatures, just go out and get some 10,000+ SPF suncreen.
And how are we going to adjust to rising sea levels most of Europe would be engulfed by the sea and most Australians would be forced to live in the inhospitable outback and desert

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
First, sunburn is caused by UV rays, and not heat. Second, I haven't heard anyone claim that Europe is going to be completely flooded, if you know different, please cite a webpage. Finally, Australia could be abandoned.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What did you just say Australia could be abandoned where the hell are 20 MILLION people supposed to go huh!?!
And why should we have to leave our country!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Because it's totally dried up, that's why...and there's tons of cities all over the world you could go to.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm not going to dignify that with a responce!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i have another option for you: ditch the scaremongering and focus on actual pollution, such as heavy metals and sulfur compounds, nitric oxide and whatnot.

i'm kind of sick of these nonsential 'go to mars' scenarios. the sky fell on Jan. 1st 2000 in case you didn't notice

oh and yeah, preserve ecosystems! check alternatives to fossil fuels in advance, ie. make sure they aren't worse than global warming ever could be, see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in conjunction with

www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/100303_eating_oil.html

have a nice day with hydrogen too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9.4.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Using hydrogen cars would only replace CO2 for water vapor, and water vapor retains twice the amount of heat than CO2. Water vapor is a greenhouse gas in case you didn't know.

As for the economies of the United States and Australia suffering from the Kyoto protocol. Not only would western countries suffer, but also the fact that the Kyoto protocol allows countries like China to keep producing and even increase their greenhouse gas emissions, at the end you will only be replacing what the western countries have been emitting with the emissions from China, India, etc.

BTW China is the worse polluter in the world. By 2009, if it hasn't already, China will be surpasing the United States in greenhouse gas emissions. Seven out of the ten most polluted cities in the world are in China. China also has some of the worse polluted rivers in the world.

The western countries have improved in greenhouse gas emissions, as well as in emissions of other chemicals. We still have much to learn, but bringing to a halt the infraestructure of western countries will only cause death and suffering.

The Kyoto protocol is only a program to put China and other countries as world powers meanwhile stopping certain western countries from developing any further. There would also be other developing nations which would suffer from a program such as Kyoto, only a few countries like China and India would benefit meanwhile emitting more CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the longrun.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozvulcan
3- Then every single nation's industrie's will have to be drawn away from fossil fuels, and would have to sign the Kyoto Protocol which would be disatrous for the U.S and the country i happen to live in called Australia, it will ruin both these nations economy's that's why George Bush and John Howard are rufusing to sign the damn thing!

Y'know, I just don't buy that argument.

Let's take a scenario... converting a car manufacturer to (say) nuclear power. All they do is flip a switch and start buying power from a company that uses nuclear or wind or wave energy. No jobs lost.

In fact, there's a net gain of jobs at the alternative fuel power plant (taking on the reduced jobs from the fossil fuel plant.)

The only industry where jobs are lost is the oil industry. Jobs are gained in other industries (like wind tech.) Not all jobs are lost, because we still need petroleum for things like lubricants and and plastics and cosmetics... but the demand is greatly reduced.

And then there's the effect on human health. If we move away from fossil fuel plants and quit dumping tons of material into the air and water... material that causes cancer... fewer people in areas near the plant are going to need expensive health care for cancer, asthma, and thousands of other conditions. Health will generally improve and reduce the burden of health care costs.

Or you can stay with fossil fuel and provide a lot of jobs for the health care industry as LVNs and health aides take care of an increasing number of sick people.

I ain't buying it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Of course the world could swallow up 20m Aussies , in 'loads of cities' . Thats sound for the short term, what needs to happen is find a new planet , otherwise there's gonna be a hell of a lot of people tryin to get to the last surviving city in the mountains/underground somewhere .
My idea - find a new planet ! Give this one up for dead !

top topics

join