It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You know, you guys must be right.

The big bang was just a freak occurence afterall, I mean, how did the firmament of the universe get in place, a giant ocean of nothingness, it must be an unexplainable freak occurence. And there had to be precursor elements, aka matter of some nature, to cause the big bang, which is the answer to all life's questions in relation to origin. I'm sure those precursor elements just magically appeared there, out of nowhere.

See .. you can entertain the notion of no God, and go around thinking there was no creation, and no force of creation, aka God, but you're lying to yourself. The reason is because of the first paragraph.. everything appeared here? The big bang was orchestrated by something, and I refuse to believe otherwise because it's just utterly retarded.

Utterly retarded to think that everything just appears here, no creation, no afterlife, no 'psyhic realm' , no paranormality, no such thing as a spirit therefore no such thing as a ghost, nothing.

And that about the female deities is awfully deceptively written, but I can see what is at work behind your fingers. Sure pagans were mostly worshippers of female deities, true. But pagans were also worshipping masculine, male deities since the very beginning as well. Just think about the ancient near east, prior to Islam/Christianity. Arab pagans, they had male idols and gods as well as female from the very beginning. Jezebel, a pagan, worshipped Baal and a female deity together.

Man did create idols (and fake Gods that dont actually exist) in his image, but Abraham destroyed the idols as God's will. Abraham instituted Monotheism(but there have been others like Zoroaster), and strived to live a good, moral, proper life as we'd consider it, but back then, when men were beasts, and rarely lived much better than beasts.

But in the end nothing even matters because, this is all a freak occurence and we are aren't accountable for our actions after we die according to all you non believers. That means being moral is pointless. Also, following rules.. pointless. I think I'll go rape some woman and then kill some indiscriminate police officers because I feel like it, I'm bored, and none of our actions really matter because its all a bunch of bullsh#t anyway. whats the point of living a decent life? No reason to.

If more men and women had this viewpoint, that there was no creation or God, and all is a freak occurence and actions are not accountable post-death, the world would be nothing as it is today. It would be like Baghdad, Iraq, except everywhere all the time. Random killing over petty things.

*sigh* theres no reasoning w/you people, though Adonai was pleased with me spreading the word here, it's fallen on deaf ears, except for those whom do not reply. Your hearts have been hardened against him, just like it says they would be.. but fear not, thats a part of his plan too and you'll just feel really stupid and embarassed after you die and realize that you still exist in some state of being or form, not physical persay. you'll be like, damn i thought none of this was even here. and for your crimes on Earth and poor living due to the deception of no accountability enacted upon you by Satan, this atheism, you'll be held account in the hereafter. Judgement day is universal.

I just hope you all have something good to live for, something good to strive for. Because if I held your viewpoint, I'd be out committing crimes right now. And if i wasn't, I surely wouldn't be the type of person I am today. I'd probably be on the corner like a dope fiend, or behind bars for killing some fool over nothing. maybe for grand theft .. who knows.

better yet, who cares! none of it matters!

anyone wanna get together and rob the bank?

[edit on 4/13/2007 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
The big bang was just a freak occurence afterall, I mean, how did the firmament of the universe get in place, a giant ocean of nothingness, it must be an unexplainable freak occurence. And there had to be precursor elements, aka matter of some nature, to cause the big bang, which is the answer to all life's questions in relation to origin. I'm sure those precursor elements just magically appeared there, out of nowhere.

K. Who made God? I can use useless rhetoric too.

See .. you can entertain the notion of no God, and go around thinking there was no creation, and no force of creation, aka God, but you're lying to yourself. The reason is because of the first paragraph.. everything appeared here? The big bang was orchestrated by something, and I refuse to believe otherwise because it's just utterly retarded.

Isn't believing a 2k year old mythological book without evidence or reason more retarded?

Utterly retarded to think that everything just appears here, no creation, no afterlife, no 'psyhic realm' , no paranormality, no such thing as a spirit therefore no such thing as a ghost, nothing.

K.

And that about the female deities is awfully deceptively written, but I can see what is at work behind your fingers. Sure pagans were mostly worshippers of female deities, true. But pagans were also worshipping masculine, male deities since the very beginning as well. Just think about the ancient near east, prior to Islam/Christianity. Arab pagans, they had male idols and gods as well as female from the very beginning. Jezebel, a pagan, worshipped Baal and a female deity together.

I was talking about a period long before that.

Man did create idols (and fake Gods that dont actually exist) in his image, but Abraham destroyed the idols as God's will. Abraham instituted Monotheism(but there have been others like Zoroaster), and strived to live a good, moral, proper life as we'd consider it, but back then, when men were beasts, and rarely lived much better than beasts.

Well it's written in the book, it must be true!

But in the end nothing even matters because, this is all a freak occurence and we are aren't accountable for our actions after we die according to all you non believers. That means being moral is pointless. Also, following rules.. pointless. I think I'll go rape some woman and then kill some indiscriminate police officers because I feel like it, I'm bored, and none of our actions really matter because its all a bunch of bullsh#t anyway. whats the point of living a decent life? No reason to.

Obviously, I killed 20 people today and ate 2 new born babies, because no one will punish me when I die.

If more men and women had this viewpoint, that there was no creation or God, and all is a freak occurence and actions are not accountable post-death, the world would be nothing as it is today. It would be like Baghdad, Iraq, except everywhere all the time. Random killing over petty things.

And what are the terrorists and Baghdad killing over? (or at least they use it as a means to get poor people to make themselves explode)

but fear not, thats a part of his plan too and you'll just feel really stupid and embarassed after you die and realize that you still exist in some state of being or form, not physical persay. you'll be like, damn i thought none of this was even here. and for your crimes on Earth and poor living due to the deception of no accountability enacted upon you by Satan, this atheism, you'll be held account in the hereafter. Judgement day is universal.

oh noes

I just hope you all have something good to live for, something good to strive for. Because if I held your viewpoint, I'd be out committing crimes right now. And if i wasn't, I surely wouldn't be the type of person I am today. I'd probably be on the corner like a dope fiend, or behind bars for killing some fool over nothing. maybe for grand theft .. who knows.

Yup, i'm addicted to heroin, do shoot outs every day for fun too. Why has god abandonned me?

---

Thanks for posting Runetang, it was hilghly entertaining to read

[edit on 13-4-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
K. Who made God? I can use useless rhetoric too.

Well. To put it simple, God did. lol. Okay, we have to accept the notion that things pop out of thin air because thats how the big bang happened, and thats how we're all here in this intelligent form of body, on this ever so rare, prized piece of cosmos property called Earth. So if chemicals and molecules can manifest themselves out of nothing, certainly a God could.

But i prefer to look at it like time is just another law, or limitation, or a meter to measure with. I like to think things exist outside of time, meaning, that there are immortal or near immortal beings, or being and his/her lesser created servant beings, that arent bound by time. They sit above time, looking down into it, like it is a rat maze, except it never ends until the rats die trying to find the exit. But death is the exit.

Isn't believing a 2k year old mythological book without evidence or reason more retarded?

word for word, I think believing a 2k year old mythological book in its literal form would be equally retarded as the original example I gave. Even I know not to believe everything in those books. They're flawed books, we all know it, some refuse to admit it. I dont refuse.

Well it's written in the book, it must be true!

we both know that not to be the case.

Obviously, I killed 20 people today and ate 2 new born babies, because no one will punish me when I die.

I get your point. No need to go on a rampage just because you arent going to be held to account. But what about restraining oneself in critical moments, where one could act on emotion and cause a death, or a crime, or a theft, or whatever, and later regret doing it? They'd have no reason to really care because theres no accountability.

And what are the terrorists and Baghdad killing over? (or at least they use it as a means to get poor people to make themselves explode)

well definitely the radical islamic elements, in my opinion, claim to be fighting in God's grace but are not being received by him in that manner. They might be received as his children, but not favored for being suicide bombers. So there is an evil power at work there, one of deception. Hmm.. that deceiver again. Why is the entire world lying in deception in some form or another?

oh noes

dont feel bad, you'll be judged according to your works. so if you did a bunch of good things in life, got far, lived decently, did some nice things, you'll pass judgement no sweat, even despite the fact that you disbelieved in the existance. you are human afterall .. and God surely knows the limitations of his/her creation would it not.

Yup, i'm addicted to heroin, do shoot outs every day for fun too. Why has god abandonned me?

hehe. what i meant was, me personally. not everyone. I'd have stayed in an abuse of drug pattern, for example, were it not for my acceptance of God. I really believe that, because when I was down to absolutely nothing, there was nothing to really live for, but I never considered suicide. No, I considered God, and said to myself .. what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I'll read some of these stories I hear being quoted to get the true meaning, because these Evangelists and Preachers of Radicalism have to be wrong, I just knew it. And they are wrong, I discovered that by reading. But to each their own. I'm just pointing out that in dire circumstances, humans have more of a tendency to turn to their creator for spiritual help, whether their about to be executed, or living in absolute misery.

---

Thanks for posting Runetang, it was hilghly entertaining to read

Np! I aim for humor, believe it or not.

Weee this whole thread is like a big #ty Ripley's Believe it or Not tourist trap..

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well. To put it simple, God did. lol. Okay, we have to accept the notion that things pop out of thin air because thats how the big bang happened, and thats how we're all here in this intelligent form of body, on this ever so rare, prized piece of cosmos property called Earth. So if chemicals and molecules can manifest themselves out of nothing, certainly a God could.

I don't know when was the last time you read something about the big bang (other than christian written "the big bang is from satan" papers) but it didn't pop out from nothing.

word for word, I think believing a 2k year old mythological book in its literal form would be equally retarded as the original example I gave. Even I know not to believe everything in those books. They're flawed books, we all know it, some refuse to admit it. I dont refuse.

So you believe in your own hypothetical interpretation of 2000 year old myth that translated into at least 10 consecutive languages and modified over time as it was copied by scholars. Interesting picture of reality.

I get your point. No need to go on a rampage just because you arent going to be held to account. But what about restraining oneself in critical moments, where one could act on emotion and cause a death, or a crime, or a theft, or whatever, and later regret doing it? They'd have no reason to really care because theres no accountability.

Of course they would. Atheism doesn't mean you have no compassion.

well definitely the radical islamic elements, in my opinion, claim to be fighting in God's grace but are not being received by him in that manner. They might be received as his children, but not favored for being suicide bombers. So there is an evil power at work there, one of deception. Hmm.. that deceiver again. Why is the entire world lying in deception in some form or another?

There is no deceiver, only leaders that know how to use religion to galvanize people into doing their dirty work for geopolitical/economic interests.

dont feel bad, you'll be judged according to your works. so if you did a bunch of good things in life, got far, lived decently, did some nice things, you'll pass judgement no sweat, even despite the fact that you disbelieved in the existance. you are human afterall .. and God surely knows the limitations of his/her creation would it not.

You must have been there to know what God thinks and does.

hehe. what i meant was, me personally. not everyone. I'd have stayed in an abuse of drug pattern, for example, were it not for my acceptance of God. I really believe that, because when I was down to absolutely nothing, there was nothing to really live for, but I never considered suicide. No, I considered God, and said to myself .. what the heck, I'll give it a shot..

your not alone in that case, lots of people in distress do turn to religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The big bang *theory* does state that something came from nothing, and that something had to originally exist. Think about it .. something had to be there to expand (faster than the speed of light during the first 7 seconds, which supposedly is impossible according to physics) to begin with. There had to be a base concotion of primordial elements.. a singularity of matter, something.

I personally cannot accept that the big bang happened as explained, because this pre-existing matter had to come from somewhere. If we believe the big bang theory, at some point like 14 billion years ago, there was no universe, no planets, just an incredibly hot piece of matter that was just sitting there, it created itself .. but a God cant?

(from wikipedia..)
en.wikipedia.org...

The term Big Bang is used both in a narrow sense to refer to a point in time when the observed expansion of the universe (Hubble's law) began — calculated to be 13.7 billion (1.37 × 1010) years ago (± 2%) — and in a more general sense to refer to the prevailing cosmological paradigm explaining the origin and expansion of the universe, as well as the composition of primordial matter through nucleosynthesis as predicted by the Alpher-Bethe-Gamow theory.

nucleosynthesis eh? lets take a look at that.

(from wikipedia..)
en.wikipedia.org...

Nucleosynthesis is the process of creating new atomic nuclei from preexisting nucleons (protons and neutrons). The primordial preexisting nucleons were formed from the quark-gluon plasma of the Big Bang as it cooled below ten million degrees. This first process may be called nucleogenesis, the genesis of nucleons in the universe. The subsequent nucleosynthesis of the elements (including all carbon, all oxygen, etc.) occurs primarily in stars either by nuclear fusion or nuclear fission.

From preexisting nucleons. The primordial nucleons were formed FROM plasma from the big bang, after it happened, as it cooled? Uh..

So.. we need nucleosynthesis to make the big bang happen, but it was caused by something that was a result of the big bang already happening, in this case, cooling plasma. uh huh.

This doesnt explain anything. Nucleogenesis? Lol.. thats equally as unknown as God. And to put faith in THAT theory is no different from putting faith in God. You cant prove either without a shadow of a doubt.

Nucleogenesis as it is, there still has to be pre-existing matter. and that matter had to come from somewhere, it couldnt have just "been there". How did it get there? Why? Someone/something put it there! Something cant come from nothing. I feel like the big bang is a poor excuse at trying to explain the origins of the universe without including God into it. And the Deceiver needs to work a little harder in that department because that scientific theory has holes in it and I can see through them.

About the Judgement thing. I'd like to think that I was there, before. Before a soul comes into the physical body, in my opinion at birth or during the late term of pregnancy, it is with God, or shall we say, it IS God. It's literally God essence .. for lack of a better term. Thats why people say "God is in all of us" and "God is everywhere", because the soul is created from his actual essence, much like the physical body is created from man's essence (the sperm and egg).

And I dont believe in my own twisted interpretation of the bible, I accept the bible from the get-go as imperfect, with much flaws, lies, here-say, confusions, mix ups, and fairy tales. It's a book of man. But there *IS* wisdom in it, and the core tenets have been kept intact due to their simplicity (10 commandments, and before that, the 7 noahide laws). All else in the book is subject to scrutiny as far as im concerned.

[edit on 4/13/2007 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The big bang *theory* does state that something came from nothing, and that something had to originally exist. Think about it .. something had to be there to expand (faster than the speed of light during the first 7 seconds, which supposedly is impossible according to physics) to begin with. There had to be a base concotion of primordial elements.. a singularity of matter, something.

You've misunderstood. There was something to expand, called a singularity, and the fact that it was faster than light is because it was space time expanding, not matter.

So.. we need nucleosynthesis to make the big bang happen, but it was caused by something that was a result of the big bang already happening, in this case, cooling plasma. uh huh.

You've misunderstood it all again. Nucleosynthesis did not make the big band happened. Nucelosynthesis is how atom nucleus form, from pre-existing nucleons. In this case nucleons are formed by elementary particles, which came from the cooling plasma / radiatio, (remember e = mc²
)

This doesnt explain anything. Nucleogenesis? Lol.. thats equally as unknown as God. And to put faith in THAT theory is no different from putting faith in God. You cant prove either without a shadow of a doubt.

Only because you haven't understood or don't want to.

Nucleogenesis as it is, there still has to be pre-existing matter. and that matter had to come from somewhere, it couldnt have just "been there". How did it get there? Why? Someone/something put it there! Something cant come from nothing. I feel like the big bang is a poor excuse at trying to explain the origins of the universe without including God into it. And the Deceiver needs to work a little harder in that department because that scientific theory has holes in it and I can see through them.

You have seen through the holes of your own misunderstandement, not of those of the theory.

About the Judgement thing. I'd like to think that I was there, before. Before a soul comes into the physical body, in my opinion at birth or during the late term of pregnancy, it is with God, or shall we say, it IS God. It's literally God essence .. for lack of a better term. Thats why people say "God is in all of us" and "God is everywhere", because the soul is created from his actual essence, much like the physical body is created from man's essence (the sperm and egg).

Good luck proving it

And I dont believe in my own twisted interpretation of the bible, I accept the bible from the get-go as imperfect, with much flaws, lies, here-say, confusions, mix ups, and fairy tales. It's a book of man. But there *IS* wisdom in it, and the core tenets have been kept intact due to their simplicity (10 commandments, and before that, the 7 noahide laws). All else in the book is subject to scrutiny as far as im concerned.[edit on 4/13/2007 by runetang]

Read the very last part of revelations, if you believe what you want you'll be erased from the book of life

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I must confess I'm at a loss as to why there seems to be no evidence in the Bible of God/Jesus healing an amputee. Now it would have been interesting if Jesus would have healed John the Baptist after he was beheaded, but I don't recall anything of that nature. The miracles were always in healing something that was injured. Nice topic. I'll have to find some more information on this.

Actually there is, remember when Peter cut off that man's ear and Jesus gave him a new one?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Because nobody is perfect, not even Jesus.

That's the bottom line!

God the higher being is the only thing that is perfect and this higher being wants to keep it that way for reasons that man will never understand!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Actually there is, remember when Peter cut off that man's ear and Jesus gave him a new one?

Ooh.. thehumbleone came and dropped the bomb of gospel on that asssss.

That is true, but an ear, I dont know if thats considered an amputee, by definition. But its close enough for me, good job!

Poor Peter, so bad with a blade that he tries to swipe a roman's head, or a priestly servant, or at least the neck we can assume, and only manages to lop off one of his ears.. lol. Then Jesus, knowing hes going to be taken to his eventual execution by these people, heals the guy so his ear pops out of thin air back on his head, even though he's being taken to his physical, flesh-death by this guy. That some universal love for mankind right there, lol.

Back to Darkside, The Big Bang theory .. I just dont like it. Something is missing. It's not entirely truthful. You say there was theoretically a singularity of matter at the beginning, kinda like the result of 1 supermassive blackhole belching out all its contents in the creation of a galaxy, except in this case, the whole universe. I can dig that. But.. we missed one very important question..

Where did the singularity come from?

couldnt have just 'been there'.

it either magically appeared out of thin air, going back to that concept, or..

it was created by some process.

well what processes do you have when theres nothing, not even time?

God.

And if you believe that the big bang expanded faster than light for the first 7 seconds, then you believe that time is faster than light. therefore, if our bodies could handle it, travelling faster than light would effectively bend time, 'travelling into the future without aging' right? But its supposedly impossible to go faster than light, in that regard specifically. I personally believe that there are things that can go faster than light can, time would be one.

So you already believe that the laws of physics do not apply to pure time. At least in the case of universe expansion versus pure light.

If Time can expand, or move, faster than light, it means a couple things. One, that Einstein wasnt entirely correct. Two, it means Time is kind of like a container, like I said earlier, a 'vessel', or bag of tricks as i said it.

If Time is a container, things can be outside of it.
-God
-Afterlife
-The realm in which the afterlife is.
-Angels/Souls of people
-"Hell" and "Heaven"

And if you asked me: Theres an expandable container okay, but the way to make it start is by dropping a singularity of matter into thin air, which will automatically expand outward, creating time, this 'container', faster than light can travel! Where did the singularity of matter come from which expanded so remarkably into a seemingly infinite amount of Time (to us) ?

I'd say it came from God, the Creator, the energy force that created all the univeral laws of physics and those which we do not know, from which all came, to which all go. And if Time can be created, expand, and so forth, something can exist outside of it, in that same vein, by that same theory.

I love getting scientific with God.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Where did the singularity come from?

Our best theory about that is that the big bang is the result of 2 "branes" colliding in the 11th dimension. don't ask me to explain I don't even know what the 11th dimension is

it either magically appeared out of thin air, going back to that concept, or..

it was created by some process.

well what processes do you have when theres nothing, not even time?

God.

Time did exist before the big bang.. Also the fact that we don't know exactly what happened before doesn't mean God did it. It's funny how people fill in what they don't understand with "God". We used to think the Earth was the center of the universe, and that God made it. Back before the 1920's we thought the milky way was the only galaxy and that god made it. Then we discovered there were billions and billions of galaxies that originated from the big bang ( a theory proposed by a priest fyi) and that god created it...

And if you believe that the big bang expanded faster than light for the first 7 seconds, then you believe that time is faster than light. therefore, if our bodies could handle it, travelling faster than light would effectively bend time, 'travelling into the future without aging' right? But its supposedly impossible to go faster than light, in that regard specifically. I personally believe that there are things that can go faster than light can, time would be one.

Time does not travel.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
God the higher being is the only thing that is perfect and this higher being wants to keep it that way for reasons that man will never understand!

how do you know god is perfect?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
God is Perfect, part of the non-definition of God. God also created Man who is imperfect. A perfect being, by definition, cannot make a mistake. Therefore God does not exist.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The bible was written by man. God is a fictitious person just like Santa Claus or the Easter bunny. The bible itself is a joke. I have read through it and the stories written could easily have been written by a 6 year old today. I find people who believe in all that to be hilarious.

Look who controls the Religious group.. it is no other then the Illuminati itself.

God is really Satan.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Oh, and believing in aliens isn't? Let me guess, it's reasonable to believe in aliens right, and it's probably even more reasonable to believe that they have actually visited earth correct?

[edit on 15-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join