It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida housing sex offenders under bridge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
Looks like we in the UK are going to be able to find out if any persons on the Sex offenders register are living near by..

News Source

I don't know about the other states but here in California we've had public access via a website to the sex offender database for all state sex registrants for the last couple years. Prior to that public access was allowed but had to be done via special access at a police or sheriff's station.

The site is very user friendly and allows a search based on Name, Address, City, Zipcode, County, Parks or Schools. It is map based and will show a map based on your search with blue dots representing the offenders. Clicking on a dot will bring up a new screen with name, phot and last known address of offender as well as what the conviction was for. This allows you to see if the sex offender living nearby is a stuatory rapist (probably not a concern) or a real rapist or child molester.

Calif Megans Law Website

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Too bad they aren't paving them into the bridge.

Just kidding...sort of.

Another reason to put them out of our misery.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, this subject was brought up elsewhere... I feel a need to post the quote that came up in that similar discussion...

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

-- Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler, Publ. Houghton Miflin, 1943, Page 403

So long as you are perceived to be doing it "For the Children", it doesn't matter who gets hurt or if they are innocent or guilty.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

-- Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler, Publ. Houghton Miflin, 1943, Page 403

So long as you are perceived to be doing it "For the Children", it doesn't matter who gets hurt or if they are innocent or guilty.

Dude I’m all for civil liberties, I thought that when some cities tore down climber in their parks down because kids may get hurt, that that was just stupid, but these guy’s raped children # them.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I live in miami and I say we just put them on death row. I bet there would not be less sexual offenses.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
In GA, we also have a web side to look for sex offenders; also, we have places designated for recovering criminals to live while getting back into society.

Many here are forgetting that the law does not differentiate the degree of the offense being committed when it comes to applying sexual misconduct against a minor.

Even if the accuser is nothing than a 18 year old boy and his 16 year old girlfriend, Or like my neighbor next door that is 22 and have a child with a 16 year old boy, now in this case she is not in jail nor charges has been filed against her, but under the law she will be a sex offender as per GA laws.

Funny.

Neither a pedophile nor a first offender when charges are filed it doesn't matter.

It applies for all unless is somebody that is a repeater offender.

Many people that are released from jail is because they already had served their time and pay their do to society as per law, in which case they are protected by their constitutional rights. They are citizens and until they commit the offense a second time they are free to go, after their probation time.

Nevertheless, how can people that served their time, pay their do to society be able to get back into society living under a bridge?

How many are repeaters sex offenders? Not many . . . If you served your time in jail you deserve the chance to be return to society and prove that you can be as productive as anybody else can.

Remember that this is only until they are off probation . . . then they are free to move to the house next to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I don’t have sympathy toward sex offenders, but . . . itsn’t this a something of a problem? to our society? what can we do with this people.

I can think of something to do with them, but I will not post it publicly. Repeat offenders need special care IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Repeat sex offenders has not room on society and to tell you the truth they do not deserve to live either.

But no all sex offenders are repeaters and is certain circumstances that put them in that tagging.

FUNNY BUT IS NEW DEVELOPMENTS ON THE CASE

Judge Orders Sex Offender Back Under Bridge
Five Men Forced To Reside Under Julia Tuttle Causeway

POSTED: 11:31 am EDT April 13, 2007

Kevin Morales, who has served his time and is on parole, asked a judge Thursday if he could go back to jail instead of living under the Julia Tuttle Causeway, but a judge denied his request.

www.local10.com...

It seems that one of the 5 sex offenders living under the bridge wants to go back to jail but was denied his request.

I guess jail seems better than living under a bridge, specially when in the summer is going to get very hot under that concrete.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow Marg, there do seem to be alot of people here completley missing your point... lol.

For those who keep jumping in without reading, Marg isn't asking
"What do they deserve?",

the question is,
"Regardless of what they did, can we just shove our societies trash under the bridge and attempt to forget about it?"

Personally, I view this as societies litter... we can't find a suitable garbage can, so instead of carrying it to the next one, we toss it somewhere.

Problem is, eventually, enough people toss their unwanteds too, then you've got a whole society of garbage living under bridges, lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wow Marg, there do seem to be alot of people here completley missing your point... lol.

Exactly, when it ends, next we will have all kind of people that can not be place anywhere while on parole stuck somewhere in Americas highways.

I find this a shame.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
Reading the article it states that all 5 men are convicted of abusing children ... I can find absolutely no sympathy for the fact that they have "nowhere they can go" and have to live in the elements under the bridge.

I'm more worried about them wandering off to find shelter elsewhere, in violation of their probation terms but none the less disappearing from the systems radar. Once they've wandered off it could be years until they are located again ... and who will they have had contact with and what will they have done in the mean time?

Maybe the state could stick a GPS locater on them and then they could live under whatever bridge they needed to but still locatable by the DOC. Since their transients they are required to go to the Police or Sheriff and register every 30 days instead of once a year.

This is my concern also. Drop them off under a bridge and you lose contact with them. Then you waste precious time trying to locate them when the next Amber alert is issued.

The UK has a program that chips early-release prisoners. If you're going to make these people live under a bridge, maybe a method of tracking them, such as a chip, should be considered.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
How bout this we put them in a gay only prison only and have them raped by all the prisoners there. And when they havent have enough, have some relatives of the victims family have an unsupervised visit with them for one hour which lets them do anything to them. Then after that whip them in public and then pour salt water over the wounds. If they still think they were right to rape kids then take some acid and pour it on the wounds while lighting a fire on their feet. Then after that douse them in honey and put them in a pit of fire ants who havent been fed in years.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
How bout this we put them in a gay only prison only and have them raped by all the prisoners there.

Apparently you have never been in a prison before? Simply being in prison means one will more than likely have anal sex with another prisoner. Believe me, I teach HIV/STD classes in many prisons in my state for their pre-release programs and even though they won't admit it most of them have either had anal sex with other inmates or been raped by other inmates in various ways. I too find little consternation with the issue of them being housed under a bridge, but trust me, they usually get their fair share of raping in the prison system.

In fact, during lunch time in the commissary/canteen area most of the inmates charged with child molesting, fondling, or indecent liberties with a minor, etc. sit by the guards for a little more protection because the heirarchy in the prison dictates them as the "lowest" form of prisoner. I frequently get child molesters in my classes and have to bite my tongue on certain points with them. As I mentioned, I teach them through "pre-release" meaning "on their way out" of the system...it gets very difficult sometimes knowing these types of people get released as soon as they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join