It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Parker and/or Trey Stone (South Park) ATS regulars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have been watching the new south park episodes and the similarities and relevance to conspiracy topics, like here on ATS, is too relevant to ignore. I feel it hard to believe that they could not visit this site given their incredible insight into the different views on certain conspiracy or news related subjects.
Even the research aspect is so relevant, if you watch the "snuke" episode when they are using the net to investigate. It just seems almost too true, to relate to as an ATSer.
Maybe I'm off kilter here, but what do you guys/gals who watch the show think?

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Maybe I'm off kilter here, but what do you guys who watch the show think?

I think it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
I think it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

I see ATS as a hub of opinion for these subjects and it's as if it's opening up an ATS book sometimes, especially on the new episodes which are..... Well I suggest that any ATSer should watch them to see where it's coming from. Contrary to some peoples popular belief, South Park is very clever, yet appealable to morons too.
They have shown throughout there 'vast' knowledge of internet culture, so it would not surprise me.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is so funny. My boyfriend and I are watching this episode about Easter, the rabbit, and the Hare Club for Men. My bf said... where do you think they get these ideas? I said... probably here on the ATS message board. Then I saw your posting. Too funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey Xeros, it wouldn't surprise me a bit, either! Remember when the X-Files was on, especially the early episodes, and it sure looked like Chris Carter and his writers were just yanking their themes and story arcs right off of the InterNet. Indeed, a lot of the stuff that is on the board today was being debated and dissected back then as well.

Guess that just means we remain on the cutting edge, eh?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've seen this as well. I was dumbfounded by some of the things I've seen on South Park. It's like they are yanked straight out of ATS. But there are other places on the inet as well that host conspiracy theories.

But if the creators of South Park is here, I'd like to say.... MORE CARTMAN PLEASE!

I'm sorry, but I absolutely I love Cartman!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Im still waiting for Bush to shapeshift into a reptile, i really wouldnt be surprised if they did that. They kind of make the Bush crew seem like aliens to begin with.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've been watching the new season of South Park, too. Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know where Trey Parker and Matt Stone get their ideas, I just wish that they would find some funny ones.

South Park is no where near as funny as it used to be!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Now South Park is just getting boring and very old very quickly, I still watch it hoping it would be funny again. Lets hope that happens soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Star ocean deals with galactic federation, wierd huh?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've felt the same about South Park. I only started watching it again recently - online. I can say without a doubt that they are definately lurking in this or other related communities.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Matt Stone and Trey Parker...

do you really think that they'd respond to a thread that doesn't even get their names right?

And even if it did, they wouldn't reveal themselves

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It wouldn't really be a shocker at all.

I found this site through google searches on various subjects, and after I realised I was coming back here almost every search I thought I should bookmark this one. For most of the searches I did ATS was up in the top 5 results, or even the number 1 result.

I guess if the south park guys wanted to do something about conspiracy theories, it's very probably they searched the web looking for material and ended up here.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by savage99

...South Park is no where near as funny as it used to be!

Your statement made me wonder? Could it be your just getting old...er older? I used to watch with my kids and I enjoyed it, but I haven't seen it lately.

I did go see the movie and seriously considered walking out. But there were two much younger guys (20's) in the theater laughing their behinds off. Has anyone else suffer from getting older and not seeing the humor as much?

Has anyone who has watched it from the beginning bought the season one dvd's and was it as funny as it was the first time?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well I hope they dont reveal themselves cuz I'd have to spam their u2u with ideas for episodes, then they'd grow to hate me.

And probably end up making an episode about a crazed fan from the interwebbing

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
the snuke episode was a total sendup of 24. I don't see the connection to ATS at all there but some of the other story lines could be culled from here. why not?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Southpark is amazingly funny, intelligent and viciously scathing to every culture, religion and belief, whilst at the same time taking a neutral stance and not being predictable... Being honest, I never liked it at first, thinking it was just a shock cartoon, but watching it again revealed to me just how mad the world really is without exaggeration.

The creators of Southpark Stone and Parker are obviously very clever individuals with a taste for the absurd, ridiculous and nasty, but never being nasty for nasty sake.

It is the ultimate satire for the 21st century and some of the morals are very strong.

It wouldn't surprise me if those guys occasionaly pop in here, but if they do and they are reading this...

Well done guys...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Your idea about people getting older not finding it funny anymore, reminded me of this onion article about SNL

www.theonion.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That would be awsome if they were here. If they're here it's certainly possible that other celebrities could be as well. This has to be the most well known conspiracy sight on the net. How long has ATS been around for?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the snuke episode was a total sendup of 24. I don't see the connection to ATS at all there but some of the other story lines could be culled from here. why not?

I'm late to this discussion, but I had to chime in. Wasn't 'the Snuke' the same episode in which it was revealed that the "true" enemy of America is the British? Terrorists are planning to nuke the US via Hillary's 'feminine orifice' and the question is asked...who has been the enemy of America since our very inception? Obviously...those bloody British! This ties in with lots of theories I've read about how the Revolution was "won" only to lull the States into a more subtle sort of Crown control.

Not saying I wholly buy into that one, but it was the first thing I thought of when watching that episode.

Not to mention that last week's episode sounds a lot like a thread that just popped up on ATS today...what would happen if the Internet collapsed?

"I hear they got some innernet out in Californee"

top topics

join