It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tachyon disruptor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've got a theory that I've been working on for a while. *goes into technical mode*

In a toroidal nexus of gluonic-plasma, the center will have a VERY strange field effect on it. Currently there is no name for this field, but enough about that. Either an accelerated stream of free protons(aka hydrogen-3 ions) or the so-called atomic laser, which blasts a coherent stream of atoms (look through this section directory.google.com... ). Either one of these first sent through this field, would fuse at a very low level. Then if you will, a hexagonal prism, with superconductor rails at specific intervals, hooked up totesla coils and powered by a nuclear plant, would create a zone of MASSIVE ionic disturbance. Pass the fused particles through this and you end up with disruption at a dimensional level, i.e, the fourth, time. The end result would be that tachyons are breaking free from their bonds and causing the substance you point this thing at to rapidly degrade/decay. Thankyou for reading this far. I look forward to your replies.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
But aren't tachyons still pretty much hypothetical? As far as I know, no one has ever shown conclusively that they even exist.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That's why it's only a theory.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxRaider The end result would be that tachyons are breaking free from their bonds and causing the substance you point this thing at to rapidly degrade/decay.
What are the bonds of tachyons?
Are you aware of what tachyons are?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh wonderful, another post by the board genius...please research more about this.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hey! look, this is something I've spent MUCH time researching, so you in particular wouldn't be like this. I've provided a link, I've outlined it, and most of all i quite clearly stated that this is ONLY A THEORY!!!!!!!
SkepticOverlord- Here's a semi-laymans definition. Photons are the unit of light (sort of) and gravitrons are the units of gravity. Well tachyons are kind've the units of time. Thats the simplest explanation I can come up with.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxRaider
Hey! look, this is something I've spent MUCH time researching, so you in particular wouldn't be like this. I've provided a link, I've outlined it, and most of all i quite clearly stated that this is ONLY A THEORY!!!!!!!
SkepticOverlord- Here's a semi-laymans definition. Photons are the unit of light (sort of) and gravitrons are the units of gravity. Well tachyons are kind've the units of time. Thats the simplest explanation I can come up with.

ok ok...this sounds interesting...explain a bit more though.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Um are you trying to suggest there might be neutrino-antineutrino interaction in such a field? I mean currently thats the main hypothesis on getting tachyons to emit (well you can use decaying tritium to measure a "possible" tachyon emission).

The trick might be to arrange some reaction or process that is in principle strong but is inhibited by momentum conservation. Then the emission of a neutrino-antineutrino pair to supply the needed momentum with zero energy cost would make the process go. A string of similar atomic or nuclear systems prepared in this way might constitute an inverted population suitable for stimulated emission (like light, correlated neutrino-antinuetrino pairs should be bosons), resulting in a beam from a "tachyon laser" that might amplify the process and produce the desired strong beam of tachyons.

Hmm...after looking over what I just wrote I'm not sure if I helped clarified matters or just confused the hell out of ya folks

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Oh wonderful, another post by the board genius...please research more about this.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxRaider
I've got a theory that I've been working on for a while. *goes into technical mode*

In a toroidal nexus of gluonic-plasma, the center will have a VERY strange field effect on it. Currently there is no name for this field, but enough about that. Either an accelerated stream of free protons(aka hydrogen-3 ions) or the so-called atomic laser, which blasts a coherent stream of atoms (look through this section directory.google.com... ). Either one of these first sent through this field, would fuse at a very low level. Then if you will, a hexagonal prism, with superconductor rails at specific intervals, hooked up totesla coils and powered by a nuclear plant, would create a zone of MASSIVE ionic disturbance. Pass the fused particles through this and you end up with disruption at a dimensional level, i.e, the fourth, time. The end result would be that tachyons are breaking free from their bonds and causing the substance you point this thing at to rapidly degrade/decay. Thankyou for reading this far. I look forward to your replies.

Okay, I think I understoof most of that. Lets say you could build such a thing, what would you do with it and how much pay would you require, if indeed it does work.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Frankly, I have no idea what I would do with it, or how much it would cost. My current stage of research is poring through old textbooks and manuscripts for previous references to this sort of concept. Nayone whor eads this, contact ppl you know if they enjoy/study this area. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
btw, stealthskaters thread about physical vs dimensoinal timetravel was helpful. That star chamber concept was very useful.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxRaider Well tachyons are kind've the units of time.
Um... not correct. Don't worry about simplistic explanations with me.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I see where you are going with this, but I'm not sure I get you on the decay factor. Time, itself, doesn't decay anything.... Decay takes place for other reasons (evaporation, erosion, cellular breakdown, etc.) not just time itself. This is of course, even if taking for granted the now hypothetical existence of gravitons, and tachyons... BTW, I thought tachyons were the idea of what is filling space currently considered to be "empty" in the universe (i.e. similar to the old idea of the ether?)

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
At one point in life (long ago), I had some aspirations to become a physicist. One of the items that held my fascination was indeed the theoretical particles, tachyons. These are interesting since, if they exist, they always travel faster than light; and as they loose energy, they accelerate. math.ucr.edu... The theories led to this short story I wrote, purchased by Omni magazine back in the day: www.abovetopsecret.com... (Since I lost the original story, this is a pretty close recreation... well, close... the original had a bit more hard science.) I think I've only seen "tachyons" described as potential temporal particles on Star Trek NG.

new topics

top topics

join