It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why kill the humans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It seems many people believe and many movies portray aliens as evil and bent on our destruction...

my question is why kill the humans? clearly they are an intelligent species. they have learned how to survive in their environment. they have learned how to adapt to weather. they have even learned how to create the atom bomb.

so why kill the humans if your an alien? would it not be more benefitial to your race to have us join your race? surely it is better for a race to have more members then less...

what do you think?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Because we're a disease ridden, obnoxious, greedy, self indulgent, parasitic, resource wasting, arrogant and violent mob of creatures.

We cant even live amongst ourselves without violent conflict, let alone with a possible race of beings with a lot more 'gimme gimme' technology.

We'd be nothing more than pets, or cattle, to them.. or possible, just in the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We dont have much compassion for animals (ie other species) on our own planet, let alone any other. Why should the aliens be any different?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
We don’t have much compassion for animals (i.e. other species) on our own planet, let alone any other. Why should the aliens be any different?

Why should they be like us?

There are 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy, so I doubt that every civilization is like our own, some may have evolved farther then that.

[edit on 4/4/2007 by Alien42]

Also most humans do have compassion for animals, just because a few humans act cruel towards other species doesn't mean we all do it, and it certainty does not mean aliens act the same way.

[edit on 4/4/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
movies usually tend to portray aliens as a murderous species whose goal is to (choose your own plot)

- eradicate human life in order to cleanse this planet before making it their own
- enslave humans for their own purposes
- infect us with disease/viruses/etc
- insert your own original plot here

what we all should take into account is that all these movies are simply for entertainment. its hollywood and in no way should we let their scriptwriters and directors influence the way we percieve and interact with reality.

with that said, perhaps there are indeed aliens and perhaps they're not really out for our blood but then again maybe there are also warlike aliens out there.
till the day comes when proof of sentient alien life becomes globally-acknowledged we will all just have to hope that aliens are not as murderous as some movies have made them out to be.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

so why kill the humans if your an alien? would it not be more benefitial to your race to have us join your race? surely it is better for a race to have more members then less...

It really depends on how the aliens themselves are. What if they developed a kind of "space-nazi" ideology? A "pure greater universe" only for them? It nearly happened to us here...

As for the movies, well, have you ever seen a movie where everything is perfect, everybody living together in harmony? No, because it wouldn't be very fun to watch such a movie. Remember, it's just science-fiction
. I mean, we've depicted robots, in many cases, as a future danger. They seem to become evil no matter what!

(I really wonder what the aliens, when and if we meet them, would say about all these movies '
' )

Because we're a disease ridden, obnoxious, greedy, self indulgent, parasitic, resource wasting, arrogant and violent mob of creatures.

We have surely made great evil towards each other and towards one another - but that doesn't mean that we can't change. This "evil" isn't encoded in our genes.

Surely, if you believe in evolution, the aliens made the same things we did long before they became advanced. Interestingly enough - wouldn't this make evolution ironic? Nature creating it's own demise?

There are 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy, so I doubt that every civilization is like our own, some may have evolved farther then that.

And you don't think they were once like us? Waging war amongs themselves and destroying their environment?

and it certainty does not mean aliens act the same way.

Not right now, maybe, but perhaps when they were like we are today?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why not?

As for my personal opinion, I agree with the quote in my signature.

As for how they think, their culture, biology etc.. we can't assume anything

They evolved on a different planet, different environment, maybe they don't even use the system in place here (dna, carbon). Do we really want to naively assume they even know the concept of e.g. compassion?
To boot they might be thousands of years ahead of us. even millions. so they might not regard us as more then animals or cavemen with some trinkets of technology and vague beginnings of "civilization".

[edit] just popped up in my mind. even with evolving and such and sticking to the what we know of this planet.
We evolved, "we" think, from primates and eventually can be traced to a small mouselike mammal. And we are pretty violent. What if they evolved from a real predator type animal instead of "mice"?. I'd imagine a completely different mind.[/edit]

[edit on 4-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orgler
Surely, if you believe in evolution, the aliens made the same things we did long before they became advanced. Interestingly enough - wouldn't this make evolution ironic? Nature creating it's own demise?

And you don't think they were once like us? Waging war amongs themselves and destroying their environment?

Of course, but a species can't survive like that forever, eventually they would change or wipe themselves out.

Look at us, if we don’t change soon, we are either going to kill ourselves in a nuclear war, or destroy the environment.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
To boot they might be thousands of years ahead of us. even millions. so they might not regard us as more then animals or cavemen with some trinkets of technology and vague beginnings of "civilization".

I don’t think that an advanced race would destroy another species, just because of how evolved they may or may not be.

I care about animals even though I may be more intelligent, and I don’t see why aliens wouldn’t want to help us along now in then, instead of kill us.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
would eliminating us be to their advantage? maybe, maybe not.
anyways, me and some people here on ATS are discussing the possibility of intelligent alien life in this thread. just wondering if some of you guys might want to join in

[edit on 4-4-2007 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I don’t think that an advanced race would destroy another species, just because of how evolved they may or may not be.

I care about animals even though I may be more intelligent, and I don’t see why aliens wouldn’t want to help us along now in then, instead of kill us.

I'm not saying they'd do it just because. I'm sure if they wipe us of the planet they'll have a reason for it lol.
They still might regard us being "in the way" of something they might want from this planet?

I love my cats to death and I work at an animalshelter once a week but in the big picture mankind is destroying his environment. We're likely not be facing an individual. friendly or not.

But I dont think we can assume anything we simply have no idea how different they could thin.. they might have completely different mindsets.. imagine they evolved from a more predatorial species? unlike us.

They might feel superior... They might not even have a concept of "enlightenment" or don't have any reason to think it's wrong to eat something that's evolutionary below you. Chimps and gorilla's are self aware... some people still eat them.

An added twist, they might think it right and good to make humans go extinct because we have been poisoning this gem of a planet. You know.. get rid of what's "wrong" and let another species have the chance to evolve and have a go at that civilization thing lol.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with hollywood's view of them all being "evil".
I'm saying would we want to risk, potentially our whole species, on a bet where we have no clue at all what the odds are?
Our imagination is limited because we only know 1 planet with life, we only know 1 "intelligent" species like ourselves or better and that's us. there are billions of planets out there potentially teaming with life and intelligence.. Odds are they are vastly different. Maybe even beyond our comprehension

If we're serious about contact I think we should keep a low profile, don't invite anything like those damn plaques we sent out, and just observe.

Ow and being more humble would be very evolved and intelligent of us

Ps. Do you let just any stranger that rings your doorbell come inside?
I'm assuming probably not, and you know something about his/her likely nature.
But you would invite something in of which we have no clue as to it's nature?

[edit on 4-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think it would not be so intelligent of the aliens to just destroy us because they feel like it.

the least they could do is teach us how not to destroy ourselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Are we taking hollywood literally in these scenarios? I hope we all realize that it's hollywood.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You know..

Aliens can attack us for many reasons such as

- planet resources

- human slavery (think cannon fodder for military use or servants)

- consider humans a dangerous species in far future, a possible threat if evolve further in technology (weapon and space technology) or probably biologic extension such as nano technology

- conquer Planet Earth and we be probably "lesser race"

there are many possibilities...

If aliens ever visit earth i will watch them with suspicious look .. so i see no reason to believe first hand that aliens be good peeps.. they may be.. but then.. show us their intent..

Sincerely

Viperion

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
I think it would not be so intelligent of the aliens to just destroy us because they feel like it.

the least they could do is teach us how not to destroy ourselves.

We don't learn from even our own mistakes. We're too short sighted.

What you're suggesting, could only mean enslavement.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
They don't have to, our life spans are so short it's probably like watching mayflies.

This
is
not
a
one
line
post......

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
well i read somewhere that the aliens abduct humans because they survive on human blood and tissues. i dont know if that is true or not.

in any case, they are not coming to our planet and killing people like its some war but they might be killing people during some experiments !

dont we humans carry out experiments on animals like monkey and all ?
we do, even after developing bio weapons.
so i feel that the same way we humans are something to them on which they can carry out experiments like these animals are for humans

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think that we are too unpredictable as a race for them to trust us.
We fight amongst ourselves over the pettiest of things.
With all the racial and cultural hate on this world (when in essence, we are all the same), they could very well feel that we will do even worse to them, as they may be inconceivably different to us.

Our governments would probably attempt to use any newly acquired tech for military purposes above anything else.
They may feel that we may be a real threat to Galactic Security, and wipe us out as a precaution (for the good of the Galaxy
)

At this point in our social evolution, I think we are just too warlike for any peaceful contact. If open contact is made, I'd be very cautious as to their real intent.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah that can be there but i feel fights would be everywhere, not just our planet..
where ever there is power, there has to be a war to be superior..

wiping humans for the galactic betterment, i dont know if that could be the case.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Of course, but a species can't survive like that forever, eventually they would change or wipe themselves out.

Exactly. But there is also a slight chance that the aliens developed space technology while living in a consumer-based society, thus continuin exploiting resources on other worlds.

Look at us, if we don’t change soon, we are either going to kill ourselves in a nuclear war, or destroy the environment.

Well, I'm skeptical about nuclear war, since there are no other "ideologies" left, well, at least no very distinct ones. The US is the sole standing superpower in the world today, and their "ideology" has prevailed. What I fear is the latter in your argument - environmental destruction. We already know that it is going to be a lot warmer before, and if, the world cools down to "natural" levels.

An added twist, they might think it right and good to make humans go extinct because we have been poisoning this gem of a planet. You know.. get rid of what's "wrong" and let another species have the chance to evolve and have a go at that civilization thing lol.

Well, that would be strange since we evolved from this planet, thus evolution is (at least here) flawed. What would ensure that "the next species" would become "good"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join