It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomlinson vs MI6 blog back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For those of you have been wondering what happened to the blog written by the disgruntled ex-MI6er, Richard Tomlinson, it's back on the web after disappearing for a bit. Tomlinson has a history of annoying those anonymous Orwellian types at his former employ, especially with his stand on the death of Princess Diana, so it was of concern to see another of his blogs disappear.

Welcome back to the web, Richard, and for those of you who could use an interesting tale of spies in retirement, start at the following link, and persue the archives.

richardtomlinson.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'd never heard of this guy before but a quick glance at his description of himself.....how is one illegally dismissed from their job? Even if it is MI6, or CIA, or military. If whoever no longer wants you to work at a place, they fire you! The Intelligence Community isn't unionized for #### sake.

That right there makes me call BS. At best this guy was some low level bureaucrat in one of the intelligence branches who is upset because he never got to be James Bond and thus makes up outlandish stories to fulfill his need for attention. At worst this guy is a delusional and potentially dangerous and paranoid individual.

That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Naw, I don't dismiss it that easily. Google Tomlinson and MI6, and you can see where he has been an issue for a number of years now...even spent some time as a guest of Her Majesty. There's more to him than just a low-level apparatchik. Otherwise, the go'vt wouldn't give him such a (documented) hard time. Look again...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I'd never heard of this guy before but a quick glance at his description of himself.....how is one illegally dismissed from their job? Even if it is MI6, or CIA, or military. If whoever no longer wants you to work at a place, they fire you!

maybe in America, It's sure not the way over here. noone here can fire you just because they don't want you anymore, this extents to the military and the secret service here.

I Don't know about brittain. But to apply american standards to the complete globe is very naive.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
At best this guy was some low level bureaucrat in one of the intelligence branches who is upset because he never got to be James Bond and thus makes up outlandish stories to fulfill his need for attention. At worst this guy is a delusional and potentially dangerous and paranoid individual.
That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

I believe I'm going to leave it, thanks.
Buried on the net was the following piece from the UK's Sunday Times on-line:

MI6 tempts rebel ex-spy back home

THE renegade former MI6 spy Richard Tomlinson has finally come in from the cold.

After more than a decade in exile, where he lived in fear of arrest and extradition to face trial in the UK, Tomlinson has at last buried the hatchet with Sir John Scarlett, chief of MI6.

The deal between the head of Britain’s overseas spies and the whistleblower who claimed MI6 had a secret “licence to kill” follows a decision to send a mediator to negotiate with Tomlinson in Spain.

As a result, MI6 has agreed to let him return to Britain, unfreeze royalties from his book and drop the threat of charges. It has also apologised for its unfair treatment of him.www.timesonline.co.uk...

It would be interesting to get a deeper sense of this development, and frankly, I'm a little surprised he has not been 'disappeared". I'm guessing he is 'well-insured', shall we say.

Self edit to say that the piece is dated May/09 and to add the source.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

new topics

top topics

join