It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't WE steal the election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've been reading numerous articles on how the election system is vulnerable to fraud, hacking etc. If it is so easy for republicans to tamper with the election results then it must be easy for the opposite to occur correct? So why can't all the hackers unite for one purpose against saving mankind, and rig the elections themselves? Why can't the democrats or another party tamper with the election results themselves? There has to be a way to make their plan backfire.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The reason is, Diebold, and other corporations contracted, are pioneer level rebublican supporters. It's politics, of course...and we all know that politicians can't be trusted. Things like this go on behind our backs all the time.

Columbus - The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc. - who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

O'Dell attended a strategy pow-wow with wealthy Bush benefactors - known as Rangers and Pioneers - at the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch earlier this month. The next week, he penned invitations to a $1,000-a-plate fund-raiser to benefit the Ohio Republican Party's federal campaign fund - partially benefiting Bush - at his mansion in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington.

The letter went out the day before Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, also a Republican, was set to qualify Diebold as one of three firms eligible to sell upgraded electronic voting machines to Ohio counties in time for the 2004 election.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
The reason is, Diebold, and other corporations contracted, are pioneer level rebublican supporters. It's politics, of course...and we all know that politicians can't be trusted. Things like this go on behind our backs all the time.

Your right!

So do the Democrats look at Kennedy Vs. Nixon. The point is this # has to be stopped! These elitist pigs shouldn't be allowed to pick our politicians for their advantage.

Edited to replace comment that somehow was lost.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Because Killuminati, the Democrats by having stolen the election will have gained a reputation such as the Republicans. Even though both of us know all politicians are corrupt, the political system of the United States would become known all over the world as the one were (sp?) anyone can become president, and that would just bring down the reputation of the office of presidency.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From what I read of the Bush "elections", it was a close race.

But, what percentage of the US population actually voted?

If it's like here in the UK, election "turnouts" can be surprisingly low.

Could the answer to creating change in the US lie in the electorates own hands?

Was it a lack of turnout and blind ignorance that allowed Bush into the White House?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Its not the fact the republicans are stealing it, its the actual stealing that appalls everyone, if Democrats were to steal it back i'm sure people would be just as angry.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Its not the fact the republicans are stealing it, its the actual stealing that appalls everyone, if Democrats were to steal it back i'm sure people would be just as angry.

you'd think so but some on this board probably think it would be ok if the democrats did it stating "well the republicans did it" which basically means "we should be just as childish and underhanded" which in turn would make them hypocrits in light of all the bashing they've done towards bush and republicans accusing them of stealing/rigging the last election.

and obviously someone must be thinking it as we have a thread stating as much. ok for one and not the other? i think not.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitche
Was it a lack of turnout and blind ignorance that allowed Bush into the White House?

That is quite possible. Since most politicians are self-serving bastards, the populace may well have decided not to bother to vote. Who is to say that Gore would have been a better President than Bush ? - They both have the agenda to follow.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePook

Originally posted by kitche

That is quite possible. Since most politicians are self-serving bastards, the populace may well have decided not to bother to vote. Who is to say that Gore would have been a better President than Bush ? - They both have the agenda to follow.

well they figure gore would have been better for a couple reasons...

the first and most obvious is their way of thinking is similar to his, regardless of the fact he's just a politician and has done and said anything to further himself.

second noone really knows what he would have done so some will automatically play on this by saying what i have just said and adding that gore couldnt have done any worse. things could ALWAYS be worse than they are presently, they could also be better but this is reality and we have to deal with it. playing the what if game doesnt cut it, it doesnt change anything wont change anything and will never change anything.

third, some are under this delusion that democrats never do any wrong. as such they believe gore was the golden child, the chosen one who was going to create a utopian society for america and the world. i come from a state that has been run by democrats almost my entire life and they do just as much screwing up, stealing, lying, law breaking and cheating as republicans do. i know you cant trust ANY politician regardless of their party.

on a personal note i didnt care for either but i voted for one of them (not saying who, thats none of your business) but i knew either way we were damned no matter who got into office. if one side or group of people arent bitching whining complaining moaning groaning pissing and #ting themselves then another one surely will. you just cant make everyone happy EVER.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
on a personal note i didnt care for either but i voted for one of them (not saying who, thats none of your business) but i knew either way we were damned no matter who got into office.

I didn't bother - why should I when we have a Labour party who is just the same as the Conservatives. The day David Icke goes into politics is the day I vote again.

new topics

top topics

join