It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kieth Richards Snorted His Dad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just when you thought you'd heard it all.

Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with coc aine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "… It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

abcnews.go.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When I read this I felt sickened. I actually think this is immoral.

Keith is a controversial character but this is over the top, even for him, IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All I got to say is WTF? :shk:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Strange. I actually knew this some time ago for some reason.

Further proof that drugs make you do strange things.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is sickening.

Keith has always been a good example of how seriously drugs can destroy brain cells.

Snorting your father, just went way over the top.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They have never been closer.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think it's an interesting homage. I'm sure he loved his father much, and felt that it was a way to honor him, and be joined at a much closer level than others.

Who are we to judge his mourning because we wouldn't do the same.

I'll ask you this.

Do you think he did it out of malice, or love?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Raso,

good question....

I thought more about this and I think out of love and to have him always with him.

Still find it sickening though. I could never do that.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Do you think he did it out of malice, or love?

...or to see if he could get a buzz from it?

This doesn't really bother me either. He's Keith Richards. And ashes to ashes. I can't muster up respect for ashes. It's not like it WAS his father... it's ashes from the body of his father. I guess it depends how one feels about dead bodies...

Yeah, it's wierd, but after all he's done, I don't fault the guy for this.

I love the title, Grady!

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I predict that when this guy finally takes a dirt nap, some obsessed fans will exhume his body for the purpose of snorting Keith Richards.
Imagine the buzz you'd get off that guy.

apc

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why wait? Fitty bux a lick!

At least he didn't think it was chocolate milk mix.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

“Wha'? Don't try to tell me you 'aven't done it yerself.”

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I prefer having my relatives straight up with a little ice, but hey each to their own.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This, ladies and gents, is Narco-Cannabalism in action.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
No, it's plain ol' necrophelia.

Jung would have loved it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I see nothing terribly wrong with this. We have no idea how often such a strange occurence would happen, and because this guy has some fame, we hear about it.

To each their own on this, it may have been a very spiritual thing for him at the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Now he says it was a joke and can't believe anyone believed it:

www.entertainmentwise.com...

Keith Richards’ manager has rubbished the story about The Rolling Stones guitarist snorting his father’s ashes.
In an email to mtv.com, long-term Richards manager Jane Rose stated that the comments were off the cuff and said it was just a joke.

She commented: “[It was] said in jest. I can’t believe anyone took [it] seriously.”

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe his dad's final wish was to be snorted?

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh Lawdy's I'm sorry, but that one makes me laugh. He must have really missed him.

When my dad died, he was cremated. It was 1994, he had bequeathed his ashes to me, wanted me to see to their proper disposal. He'd lost his money on stocks and the property that had been my grandfather's was sold long before in a questionable sale that was never contested. The insurance money went to my mother.

I took the urn home, grief stricken and called a friend in a state of shock. The ashes are kept in a bag within the box. I said I don't know how to cope with this. She said 'open it up' (the box) 'and see what it's like.' So I got the screwdriver out, discovered the bag and answered -"OK, I've got dad by the bag."

Realized what I'd said and laughed, he would have thought it funny too.

Snorting would have been out of the question though, I think it's a good example of a coke fried brain at work. lol I think he did it, and is retracting now that's he's sobered up some. Not going to let him live this one down.

After the nuclear holocaust there will be two survivors, cockroaches and Kieth Richards.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

She commented: “[It was] said in jest. I can’t believe anyone took [it] seriously.”

It's Keith Richards. If he says something like this, people are not gonna question it and will believe it. :shk: C'mon. It's Keith Fracking Richards for frells sake!?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join