It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet of Doom, [i]Book[/i]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Who does this guy think he is???? I am a Muslim so I may be a little harsh on this guy, so please bear with me. He is saying that Allah and Muhammad were terrorists and rapists. He is pretty much talking # about Islam and saying that Islam is a religion based on terror and rape. Take a look at his website: www.prophetofdoom.net

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Actually, all of the three major monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are based on the Judaic scriptures. And anyone who has read the Old Testament is able to state categorically that it is not a nice book. It is full of murder, rape, genocide - you name it, its in the Old Testament.

He is entitled to his opinion, just as you are entitled to defend your religion.

I accept all beliefs, I respect all beliefs. That does not mean that I can't see religions for what they truly are.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I think the problem is with individual interpratation. Interpratation, at least it seems to me, is the basis of fanaticism in all religons. I have read some of the Quran and I really dont find the connection to the violence some people say it expounds. Its all in the interpratation. Of course thats only my opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePook
Actually, all of the three major monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are based on the Judaic scriptures. And anyone who has read the Old Testament is able to state categorically that it is not a nice book. It is full of murder, rape, genocide - you name it, its in the Old Testament.

He is entitled to his opinion, just as you are entitled to defend your religion.

I accept all beliefs, I respect all beliefs. That does not mean that I can't see religions for what they truly are.

I agree with you ThePook, and I agree that the author is entitled to his opinion about Islam; but, when someone has a viewpoint like his and writes a book on it, knowingly it will offend millions of people, I think he should just be a little more careful about what he writes, especially nowadays with all the talk about terrorism and such, one must be vigilent.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

top topics

join