It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Regional anti-terror unit formed" (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

"Regional anti-terror unit formed" (UK)

news.bbc.co.uk

The first of four new regional police anti-terror teams in England has come into operation.

A Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) aimed at combating violent extremism has been launched in Greater Manchester.

Other CTUs in West Yorkshire, the West Midlands and London are being set up to gather intelligence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh my God, they actually called it CTU!

The proof is in the pudding as they say, so I guess we wait and see if it's worth the money/manpower/etc.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
CTU!!!

I so have to join

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Britian needs this. I just saw a documentary where you had islamic preachers openly calling for jihad against the west in london. No one does anything about this? I mean, I can tell you that if I was threatening terrorist acts against the state, it wouldnt be tolerated. So why does britain look the other way?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hate to upset you, but republican dissidents and animal rights extremists are the biggest terrorist threat to the UK. MI5 came public about it a year back. Republican dissidents in Northern Ireland have carried out more attacks in the last five year then Islamic terrorist have ever done. Even the Zionist attacks of the 1900s overshadow the Islamic attacks. Same with animal rights too.

Islamic terrorism threat is not as big as the government makes it out to be.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by infinite]

top topics

join