It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Makes Britain Look Weak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this article in the NYT an abomination?

LONDON, March 31 — After more than a week of mounting confrontation over its 15 captured sailors and marines held in Iran, Britain sounded a more conciliatory tone on Saturday, saying it had responded to a diplomatic message from Tehran and was ready to peacefully resolve the issue.

The British foreign secretary, Margaret Beckett, also indicated for the first time that Britain regretted the incident.

“The message I want to send is I think everyone regrets that this position has arisen,” she said after a meeting of European Union foreign ministers in Germany. “What we want is a way out of it.”

New York Times

The way they worded this in these first few paragraphs makes it sound like the British are admitting guilt and desperate to do anything to get their sailors back "peacefully."

From what I've read here and elsewhere, this just doesn't seem like an accurate tone of the situation....

This paper just makes me sick

[edit on 3/31/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
OMFG!!!

Both parties want this to be sorted via peacefully means, but why the hell has the New York Times made it out that we are "giving up"?

What an insult...I might e-mail them

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
First observation: NYT is horribly overrated. Read the Wall Street Journal instead.

Second observation: Britain *is* weak.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
First observation: NYT is horribly overrated. Read the Wall Street Journal instead.

britain are not weak, why do all americans think this?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 117113

Originally posted by uberarcanist

britain are not weak, why do all americans think this?

Well not all Americans do think that, I for one don't, and I know there
are several of the othr American members don't share think so either.

However, I'd have to say it may be because many Americans, especially
on the right, can not fathom solving a problem without using military force.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
first the new york times didn't make england look week . they did it themselves. they had a warship that was able to sink anything the iranians threw at them they had radar that told them of incoming vessels and they had a military chopper circleing overhead they had ample time to collect their troops or engage enemy combatants in stead they sat back and let their crewmates get captured.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah! Damn those incompetent navy boys.

Let's not talk about the kidnapped American soldiers. I mean, how the hell could that happen with 140K US troops on the ground, all that firepower in the air and they still let these 3 troops get captured. What a bunch of useless pussies, makes them look so feeble etc...etc...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i am an american and its not toops fault its either a incompetent commanders or b goverment agenda to drum up public outcry.

top topics

join