It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Season 29 Season Premier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hell yeh just discovered this thread

I absolutely loved Dr Who as a kid and now theres new ones

Ive just discovered several good torrents for the 2005/2006 series and cant wait to watch them all

I suppose ill have to wait till this seasons ones are shown so that i can download them somewhere as Dr Who doesnt air in Germany.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow, what a great conclusion to this two parter! Next weeks episode looks very creepy too. Steven Moffat is my favorite Who Writer for the new series and I have high hopes for this next episode!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I just watched part one and two of the John Smith episde last night. Knowing ahead of time it was a two parter, I waited until I had both so I wouldn't have to deal with a cliffhanger :p I was really impressed with that episode. It was very well written, great story. I just wish that the "Mr. Saxon" thing had come into play somewhere. Oh, well, there is always next week.

I also heard a rather disturbing rumour that there will not be another season of Doctor Who. Does anyone know for sure whether there will be or not? There had better be, because I am really sick and tired of networks cancelling all the good shows and leaving on the 'bovine feces' to run for six, eight, ten years so that the masses have their opiates
(yes i am slightly bitter that "Jericho" was killed after a single season)

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I also heard a rather disturbing rumour that there will not be another season of Doctor Who. Does anyone know for sure whether there will be or not?

I haven't heard whether the rumour is actually true, but I think it stems from the fact that there are rumours Russel T. Davies may be quitting the show. If he does quit, it just means there will be someone new taking his place

I wonder put too much into the show though, as this is the paper which said David would quit during season four and Freema had been fired. We still don't know if David is quitting, but we know Freema wasn't fired.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind it if RTD were to leave after next season as his style is starting to grate a little bit, but for him to take Dr Who with him is unthinkable considering the ratings(Family of Blood was watched by 6.6 million people and a 39.1% share of the viewership not counting unofficial sources).

www.gallifreyone.com...

They would be crazy to can this after 4 seasons. It's more likely that after next season the BBC is going to change the format of the show and hire an all new lead writer and possibly another Doctor depending on what Tennet wants to do.

I've also heard rumors that there are more McGann movies in the works. I'll try to find the link...

Also if Dr Who is ever canned, expect the outcry to be enourmous. You think a few tens of thousands of people signing a Jerico petition is alot? You ain't seen nothin' yet.(if it is true)

[edit on 3-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree. I don't think its actually possible for the BBC to can Who.

From a business point of view the new series of Who has given the Beeb control over Saturday Night telly, the most sought after goal! Should they can Who it would be disastrous for their reputation, and also for their profits.
From the fans point of view, canning Who would make a lot of us less interested in the Beeb. I mean, I watch maybe four programmes on BBC channels a week as it is.

And did you say movieS? Excellent. I hope beyond hope that one of them is about the Time War.
Also, I think the BBC should let a video game based in the Whoniverse be made. Obviously you wouldn't play as the Doctor, but maybe as a member of the army who gets promoted through UNIT to Torchwood and has to deal with a number of 'situations' in the best way (for example, a rampaging horned alien could be shot to bits, or you could communicate with it to find out what's wrong and send it on its way).

The very last level should have your character involved in Canary Wharf and get converted into a Cyberman to fight the Daleks, before the Doctor pulls you into the Void. It' be cool if the Doctor was portrayed as the enemy throughout the game too.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Oh, okay, well if it is just Davies leaving, I could deal with that, as long as the show goes on. More movies would be good, too, although I was not impressed with the Paul McGann one they did, I think in the early 90s or so. I don't have anything against that actor, but the story was horrid.

And yes, seeing action from the Time War would be sweetness. I have a gut feeling that something the Doctor did was what resulted in both sides being essentially wiped out, though I have no evidence for that beyond the fact that he said he was at the final battle in one episode. I don't remember which one, but he said it to a Dalek, and then the Dalek said the Doctor was a coward. Also, a few people (Lady Pompadour and that little kid from Family of Blood, maybe others I forgot about) mentioned seeing things in his past that were pretty darned awful, so maybe it has something to do with the Time War. Though, granted, he's seen a lot of nasty stuff, but that kid said straight up that the Doctor was 'as bad as the rest of them' or something like that.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well we know he saw some pretty bad things (I mean its been heavily implied that he's the one who created the 'Burning' that destroyed the Time Lord and Dalek races).
And let's not forget the end of Family. We were told he killed out of kindness and the Family (who REALLY made him mad) each suffered fates worse than death.

I don't think the Doctor is squeaky clean at all. War changes people.

EDIT: Oh yeah, RTD confirmed that the Time War was due, in part, to the Time Lords sending the Doctor back to prevent or alter the creation of the Daleks. Presumably the Daleks found out and, being Daleks, mounted their own offensive. My guess is they then tried the same tactic on the Time Lords.

Its interesting to note that one of the Time Wars involved the Time Lords fighting various races who were developing time travel and one of these enemies was destroyed before it even existed!

Time travel is confusing

[edit on 4/6/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow. Steven Moffat amazes yet again! I really hope he gets the Lead Writer role after RTD leaves the show!

Man oh man, this episode had to be watched twice.

Is it just me or do they make it seem as if Sally Sparrows is gonna be a recurring character maybe even a future companion? I hope so! Those eyes....

[edit on 10-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
ok ive now watched the whole first series 2005, today im moving onto series 2 and can hopefully catch up with you guys towards the end of the week

i must say that some of the episodes were certainly a bit scary, the boy with the gas mask really gave me he creeps

but loving evry minute of it

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

the boy with the gas mask really gave me he creeps

You've officially discovered the genius of Moffat! The Empty Child, Girl in the Fireplace and now Blink are his only work in Dr Who to date, but every one has been excellent! He has another two-parter coming next year.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Moffat..... the scariest writer in the series!

That boy's "Are you my mummy?" kept me scared for a long time! as did the clockwork robots!

And now I can't walk past statues any more!

My mum brought me the Dalek Empire audio dramas and I have to say they are amazing! So many amazing ideas... my favourite of which has to be Susan, the first human Dalek Supreme!

[edit on 11/6/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah the Big Finish audios are really well done. Too bad they just throw any script at it and some stick and some don't. The Gallifry Trilogy for instance was a snore fest. Yeah it had Leela and all that but jeez. Politics is just as boring in Who as it is in the real world. My favorite Audios to date is the Paul McGann remake of Shada and the Colin Baker Audio The Juggernaut's (The Daleks recruit the Doctor to stop Davros from creating a race that would be superior to the Daleks I hope they readapt this story!) .

OMG! Did anyone get a Turlough moment for a second in Blink!?

[edit on 12-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
well ive managed to finish the second series now

now im going to download the new episodes cant wait

oh and thanks again Sardion for pointing me out to those links

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
!!!! MAJOR SPOILER !!!!

SPOILER SPACE

If you don't want to have the Season Finale "Last of the Timelords" Then don't click on the link and DO NOT READ THE QUOTED TEXT!!!

Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Freema Agyeman plays his companion, Martha Jones. John Barrowman and John Simm guest star.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
WWWWOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!

That was..... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Three part finale! WOOHOO!

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I really hope the three part story will lead to the longer stories of classic Who.

Two parters are good, but it'd be so cool to have like a four episode long story.

And one last thing....

"I...am... the Master!" ZZZZZAP!!!

Amazing episode!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Potential "Sound of Drums" Spoilers

Spoiler space.

Things that appear/are mentioned/revealed in this episode:
- Teletubbies
- Jellybabies
- UNIT
- the current whereabouts of Gwen & co at Torchwood
- the phrase "secret brother"
- why the Doctor didn't sense the Master-as-Saxon on previous visits to 2008
- Lazarus
- Mrs Saxon
- President Winter
- keys
- why people generally don't freak out about the TARDIS being around (ok this has been kinda alluded to before, but now it's spelt out)
- what the Valiant is and it is very, very cool looking, I thought
- a pretty cool dance track
- the correct definition of the word 'decimate'

[edit on 20-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The correct definition of the word decimate is to reduce something by one tenth...

To decimate an army of 100 would be to destroy 10 of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join