It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Season 29 Season Premier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Very well done. That must've taken some hours of editing to get the graphics and the music running together like that. Give that guy a jelly-baby!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The face of Boe's last words: 'You are not alone Doctor'

Knowing what we know about the Master turning up then this makes sense.

I like the way Russell T. Davies and the other writers have these little things dotted around the episodes.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I personally believe that The Doctors meeting with Master No Six erm, I mean Mister Saxon will be completely different that what we've experienced in the past. I think somehow The Master and The Doctor are gonna be forced to team up together for some reason. Perhaps this new slightly reckless Doctor will help The Master break the Skasis Paradigm to bring back Gallifrey.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok, I have no idea what the Ska

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok, I have no idea what the Skasis Paradigm is.

I stopped watching the 'old' series after the Peter Davison episodes, cause that other Baker, Colin, annoyed me.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That's from last season where the Doctor had to stop those Bat thingys from breaking the Skasis Paradigm by using a High School by pumping them up with intelligence stuff through the fries. He met Sara Jane and K-9 again in that episode.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok, must watch that one again then and look out for the quote. This is what I meant about 'little things' being dropped into the script. You really need to have your eyes and ears opened because a throw-away line could mean something in a later episode!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You should also note the Doctors initial reaction to the revelation of what was actually going on. The reaction to the Offer was even more interesting.

It should have been a two-parter IMO.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So what do you all think of the evolved Huuuminn Daaalek?

I thought it was a nice change and I am glad they didn't make the dalek look any different then you'd expect a crossbreed of a Dalek and a Human to look like. I do hope this isn't the norm from here on out, I still want to see the original Daleks pop up from time to time, though I think that after this season, they should give it a rest for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
So what do you all think of the evolved Huuuminn Daaalek?

I didn't see the episode, but from pictures he looks quite good.

I noticed your avatar, and guessed this was the reference to it. You know I really hadn't thought the Master could be Mr Saxon or whatever he is. BTW, how many times has the Master supposedly regenerated?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Master had actually regenerated one extra time beyond what timelords are allowed, and I don't really expect to see him again, although many think he will make a return.

I also thought the new 'dalek' looked pretty cool. The daleks weren't always blob things in a shell; Davros back in the old series had genetically engineered the daleks. Davros was humanoid, at least to start with (eventually he was just a brain in a jar lol) and I think that all daleks used to look like him, since I always understood Davros to be of the dalek race.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The master will show up this season. They've dropped too many hints, way too many hints for them NOT to do it.

Mister Saxon is an Anagram of Master No Six. Anagrams are common when the Master comes to town.

Here are a couple of other anagrams from past incidents with the Master.

"Neil Toynay" (Tony Ainley) or "James Stoker" (Master's Joke)

Also, Davros was a Kaled not a Dalek(more Anagrams
). The only similarity between him and the daleks was his "wheel chair" he used to get around. Apparently the reason why he was in that chair was due to an accident he suffered years before. IIRC, the Daleks were just reengineered Kaleds.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Check it out.

Here is something else to chew over.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
**spoiler for those who haven't seen the latest episode***

I was glad to see the 'human' Dalek getting killed, otherwise it would've taken them somewhere the fans wouldn't like. Nice to see the Doctor's distaste at genocide though and his attempt to make peace. One got away though...

Funny part: When the two Daleks were 'plotting' in the sewer one of them checked behind him to make sure he wasn't being overheard!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
:sigh: I really want to
Eurovision right now. Right when the plot for this season start in earnest they gotta take a week off for some stupid competition...

This episode was by far my favorite of the season so far. I'm really liking that Tish character, I think she may become a secondary companion(or a primary one) eventually. The Mom's irritating as per usual. I want to see what the Dad's up to. I betcha he's part of UNIT.(just a blind guess on my part based on a hunch).

And what about that preview for next half!

What does that ring remind you of? I thought I saw something like that in the Tardis at one point, maybe a Timelord Seal, not the Gallifry one, but one of the factions(there were three, though I forget the names as I'm not that obsessive about it...)

[edit on 6-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just saw this newest episode. It was excellent. I am, however, extremely pissed off to have to wait two weeks for the next one...

Whoever Mr. Saxon is (they mentioned at the end his first name is Harold) he apparently knows what the Doctor is. I don't think that guy who whispered in Martha's mom's ear was him, though, just some underling. I think 'Mr. Saxon' had a hand in that rejuvenation chamber thingy that the professor built this last episode, though. I don't see how it is believable for that level of technology to exist in the present time period, otherwise.

A way far out theory on who Mr. Saxon is. I have been watching some of the older Doctor Who episodes, and I recently saw one where there was another Time Lord (the first time another one shows up in the series besides the Doctor himself and his granddaughter) and this other timelord gets marooned on earth in the year 1066. Due to the longevity of a timelord, he could have survived 1000 years easily enough, and is probably almost as P.O-ed at the Doctor for sabotaging his TARDIS as I am at BBC for holding off for two weeks before airing the next episode...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Whoever Mr. Saxon is (they mentioned at the end his first name is Harold) he apparently knows what the Doctor is. I don't think that guy who whispered in Martha's mom's ear was him, though, just some underling.

No it wasn't. The picture above is Mister Saxon and I still maintain that he is The Master.

I think 'Mr. Saxon' had a hand in that rejuvenation chamber thingy that the professor built this last episode, though. I don't see how it is believable for that level of technology to exist in the present time period, otherwise.

Exactly why I think Saxon is the Master. The Master is always trying to extend his life cycle by whatever means necessary. We'll be finding out more about the trap that was sprung at the end of this episode in the Family of Blood.

BTW, Jack is coming back in the 3 to last episode this season(An episode called Utopia). He'll hear the Tardis and then will barely manage to catch it(causing his own death in the process), Martha tries to resuscitate him and fail and then he spontaneously regenerate a short while after.

A way far out theory on who Mr. Saxon is. I have been watching some of the older Doctor Who episodes, and I recently saw one where there was another Time Lord (the first time another one shows up in the series besides the Doctor himself and his granddaughter) and this other timelord gets marooned on earth in the year 1066.

Yeah, it is a pretty loony theory. I heard another that said that Saxon is Omega(the First Timelord whom is also completely Insane). Or it could be Rassilon.
I think I'm gonna stick with the popular opinion for now.

Apparently in Family of Blood, Mr. Saxon will regenerate which will lead them back to Earth for the Finale(after the meet up with Jack of course )

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Heh, well I can't remember what happened to Rassilon, but Omega got pwned by the 3rd doctor, so I'm pretty sure it isn't him :p

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In "The Five Doctors(Minus Tom Baker)" he was revealed to be "alive" and well in his "Tomb" on Gallifry so it's safe to assume that he's toast... for now... Same goes with Barusa.

As for Omega, he was never destroyed IIRC, he was merely banished back into the Anti-Matter realm(which is a huge nock against him being Saxon as he barely even looks Humanoid).

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Anyone notice anything a bit off in this picture of the Tardis' door?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join