It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Like The Boards At Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I check ATS at various times of the day, and if I'm at my desk, at my bench, or even working in the kitchen, I have at least one computer logged into the ATS boards.

The thing I like about the night is that there are so few members on and only a couple mods. It gives me a chance to catch up on some threads that developed during the day, and I don't find too much confrontation at night.
It gives me a chance to read, make some replies, and not be confronted too aggressively.

It's just after 4:00 am, and this is who's on:

Acharya, Agit8dChop, AkashicWanderer, aletniq, AnAbsoluteCreation, Annee, ANOK, anxietydisorder, ben91069, billybob, cashlink, ceci2006, Conspiracy Theorist, ConspiracyNut23, Cybernative, dAlen, damefool, defcon5, Denied, Diplomat, Dracmoor, emile, errorist, evo80, fooffstarr, frozen_snowman, generaldisarray, Gools, gtirlad2, GwionX, Hected, Hellmutt, Herman, Hoff, ignorant_ape, ImpliedChaos, In nothing we trust, Inannamute, Invader, IsaacKoi, Jericho-X, jra, justyc, kimlp, KJay, LordBaskettIV, ludaChris, lyingunderoath, MadMachinist, Mcphisto, Mephorium, Mirthful Me, mnmcandiez, MooneyBravo, mo_trot, Muppetus Galacticus, Murcielago, OBE1, Ouruboros, papajake, Pink_Cola, QuietSoul, riley, RiotComing, Rogue Shadows, roguetechie, Russian soldier, Saucerful_of_Secrets, scribe94, SEEWHATUDO, shadowblade, Shar_Chi, SourGrapes, spacemunkey, SpookshowJon, SteveR, sweetness34, T0by, Teknikal, TeslaFan, The Vagabond, TheBadge, thedigirati, therainmaker, TheStev, tom goose, tomra, tormentor, torsion, tracer, V Kaminski, WretchedShrew, xpert11

It's kinda nice when the west coast goes to sleep and you have some time before Europe and the east coast wakes up.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm up too

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hey HarlemHottie

I see we share a time zone.

The sun will come up soon, and I'll retreat to my lair.
I have a blacked out room that I feel secure in during the day because I have a man on watch.
But this is my favorite time on ATS, a time to read, a time to catch up on the days events.
I tend to avoid the daylight because too many people are around.

I'll sleep soon, but I'll always enjoy the boards at night.

[edit on 31/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

by any chance your not related to him or share the same genetic traite

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I tend to avoid the daylight because too many people are around.

I'll sleep soon, but I'll always enjoy the boards at night.

Me too... always been a night owl. It's quieter and you can get stuff done without people in your way, like cleaning.

My eyes are getting tired.

(Cue the scary Boris Karloff music)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
It's quieter and you can get stuff done without people in your way, like cleaning.

I'll second that. Spring cleaning is 75 % done!!
I was cleaning my carpets last night until after midnight. It's an awesome time to clean, and have a glass or two of wine

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey there, If here in England it is 2pm what time is it were you are???

I often come on during early day time and find it pretty empty!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread called "Late Night ATS-ers" but you beat me to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm usually up late, but not in that list I guess

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sometimes it gets creepy reading ghost and alien threads at 2 in the morning.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Im in Australia but i work permanent night shift so i do get on the board at odd times, like you i also like to get on at a quiet time at least once a day to catch up on stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah enjoies, I bet that would be freaky! Especially if you were home alone
I hate hearing wind chimes late at night...that really freaks me out when I'm home alone.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I hate hearing wind chimes late at night.

I don't know how people sleep at night with those things, especially if it's really windy.

I have a friend who has about 20 of them around their porch and she said that you get used to them. Sorry, back on topic...I used to be a night owl but I have recently bought a property with my brother and now have four kids aged 5, 9. 11 and 16 running around all the time. I love it, but long gone are the days when I could have a 'sleep in'.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wear my sunglasses at night so I can see you in the dark. Night Owls can be a dangerous animal when cornered in a closet especially if you can hear the wind chimes just oustide the window. Be afraid.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Don't the freaks come out at night?
Just kidding! I used to tell that to my nephew when he was getting ready to go out at night. Always made him laugh

new topics

top topics

join