It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shootout on the Iraqi/Iranian Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Shootout on the Iraqi/Iranian Border

www.time.com

The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the US was really gunning for a fight with Iran why would they sit on a story such as this? Why is this story seeing light now?
I am not taking sides in the whole US/UK wants war with Iran vs. Iran is a bunch of war-crazed nutters debate; but given the history of the past four years, I think these question should have a place in any serious rational debate.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Iran, and the British do not want a war with Iran.
Iran was never the target of this middle eastern agender.
Thats why we havent made any major moves against Iran.

I mean, Iraq was a cakewalk, a corproate DREAM.
We ignored the UN and told them to shove it, cause we are going in regardless.

why now, with Iran are we using them to there MOST use?

We may beat Iran on the first day with our technological bombs, and jets..

but if Iraq has taught us ANYTHING, its that technology, smart bombs, jets and carriers do not beat the people, when they are willing to die for their land.

America enters Iran at its own peril, and im sure the generals know this.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Iran, and the British do not want a war with Iran.
Iran was never the target of this middle eastern agender.
Thats why we havent made any major moves against Iran.....
.....America enters Iran at its own peril, and im sure the generals know this.

Where are you going with this? No offense intended, but would you like to comment on the article?

I mean... I agree that the people of Iran, UK & the US do not want a war but..it is looking more and more like certain leaders do. I don’t know with this revelation, the Brit hostages/captives/prisoners (pick you poison there), the 2 CBG (plus more on the way), et cetera ad infinum ad nauseum....seems like a whole bunch of power-players on both sides are just itching for a fight.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sorry mate, just a bit excited!

Well, you said why sit on this story?

I honestly think, the US Admin do not want a confrontation with Iran.
That is why they are leaving small tidbits quiet.

I mean, imagine if in 2003, Iraqi's had of fired shots at American's waiting in Kuwaitt.. it would of been on, like donkey kong.

But now?

WE are puffing our chest up with our carriers, but seems we havent got the nads to push the buttons...

The west/east economies are having some faults at the moment,
We are struggling in Iraq,
And Iran just keeps gaining more support, and becoming more defiant.

I think the US government, would rather avoid war, than enter one.

Because they know where it will lead, and thats no where a civilised man wants.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Anyone who uses phrases like:

... it would of been on, like donkey kong.

Is all right with me...I like the cut of your gybe...I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

As far as the rest...just a thought here...but perhaps Because the econs are in the crapper, somebody might want to push the button. I did hear a commentator on either the beeb or on NPR (can remember which) explain, that due to the current "crisis" and the subsequent rise in oil prices, Iran is gathering an additional $10mil a day. Wonder how much of this is an attempt to hit the US Econ while it is down?

*edit: really need to remember to close brackets...not close braces! doh

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey cheers mate!
I miss those handheld cga type games.

War is good for an economy, your right.
And Iran is making some money from the oil.
But should we go to war, in my mind.. our debt will explode.
Our endless limit with china atm has found itself in deep water, especially being we just placed sanctions on china.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This was months ago who cares? whats more important is what is happening now.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
somebody might want to push the button. I did hear a commentator on either the beeb or on NPR (can remember which) explain, that due to the current "crisis" and the subsequent rise in oil prices, Iran is gathering an additional $10mil a day. Wonder how much of this is an attempt to hit the US Econ while it is down?

And so the oil barons in the US and the profiteers of war also are making a killing with the nice bonus the situation in Iran is causing.

Follow the money trail, we the regular Joe are suffering with the gas prices while the oil barons will be making more record profits.

Wars are good, situations and incidents are very, very good.

And for the littler problems at the borders . . . that is something that has been going on since US invaded Iraq, and they are nothing than war games.

new topics

top topics

join