It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims British troops attacked its outpost in southern Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I agree with you Kozmo. I just think the situation merits discussion.

Kozmo doesn't have his facts straight, you sure you want to agree with him?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
And as for the UN, a laughing stock imo. Totally useless, a tiger with no teeth.

United Nations has losted out to the European Union. The UN failed to come out hard and the EU has. EU has stood with Britain and given the tough statement that the UN failed to do.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAllSeeing

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I agree with you Kozmo. I just think the situation merits discussion.

Kozmo doesn't have his facts straight, you sure you want to agree with him?

I should clarify, what I agree with thank you.

I agree with him when he says this:

Originally posted by kozmo
Iran said this... Iran said that... I got some news for ya... Iran is full of crap!

When are people going to realize that Muslims will LIE to non-Muslims if they believe that it will further the cause of Islam?

That is all I was saying I agree with.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
And as for the UN, a laughing stock imo. Totally useless, a tiger with no teeth.

United Nations has losted out to the European Union. The UN failed to come out hard and the EU has. EU has stood with Britain and given the tough statement that the UN failed to do.

The UN just really seems to get nothing meaningful done. It is more like a hangout for the leaders of the world. Leaders that would rather be in New York than their country conducting business. No matter what is being discussed Russia and China seem to go the other direction. Stalling any real action that could help. Why don't Russia and China join their own 2-way UN type deal, then they can have it the way they want it all the time. I think it is insane how important they mank the UNSC seem when really it doesn't accomplish much at all.

[edit on 3/30/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
An update on the incident here:

Iran's compliant letter regarding Britons violation issued in UN

TEHRAN, Apr. 03 (ISNA)-Iran's compliant letter to the UN Security Council and the UN General Assembly on shots fired by British troops near its consulate in the southern Iraqi city of Basra was issued.

The Islamic Republic of Iran had previously stated that British forces had surrounded the consulate and fired into the air in an act to provoke, which this had been denied by British military.

This letter which was sent to the UN Secretary General on Saturday was publicly released. While describing the British troops aggression towards the Islamic Republic of Iran's consulate in Basra, the letter emphasized on Iran's protest towards this illegal act. Iran's letter to the British embassy in Tehran was also attached to this letter.

Hopefully this whole situation will end peacefully, but I find it peculiar that Iran seeks UN action on this incident all the while ignoring the UN's actions against Iran concerning their Nuclear program?

<< 1   >>

join