It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims British troops attacked its outpost in southern Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Iran claims British troops attack its outpost in southern Iraq

www.iranfocus.com

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 29 – Iran claimed on Thursday that its consulate in the southern Iraqi city of Basra had come under attack from British forces, escalating London-Tehran tensions over last week’s capture of 15 British sailors and navy personnel by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in the Iran-Iraq waterway.

The state-run news agency ISNA said that earlier in the day British troops surrounded the consulate compound and began to fire live rounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

[edit on 3/29/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The Iranian consul in Basra charged that British soldiers had surrounded his office in the southern Iraqi city and fired shots in the air. Britain called it an exchange of gunfire after its troops were ambushed nearby.

The whole region is exploding. Things are looking very bad over there. It seems the situation is deteriorating hourly now. What is going to be the tipping point? Is there any way to solve this problem without a military confrontation at this point?

I think everyone has had enough of Iran's game with the hostages. They were in Iraqi water under a UN mandate. Give them back or face the consequences. Iran should be told we arn't going to wait forever.

Also what is the deal with the UN Security Counsel. Do they ever accomplish anything meaningful. It seems Russia and China shoot down everything. It is really starting to get quite funny. Does anybody else find the UN SC pointless. Or at least not as important as they make themselves out to be.

www.iranfocus.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/29/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree fully with you mate! And I was wondering just when is enough time passed to go ahead and retaliate? And I have to say yesterday when I read the letter that female soldier wrote even though it was coerced, it made me almost sob out loud to read it to my husband.I don't usually get emotional over bs. That was very upsetting and I wonder what the Britians are feeling for the 15.They are our people just as much as American soldiers over seas. Russia and china were just looking for an excuse to start this conflict.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
antar...

what does China and Russia have to do with this exactly??

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There's a hell of a lot of trade that goes on between Russia, China, and Iran
Iran sends oil to Russia and China in exchange for arms.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I wasn't scared until now, but this is real bad. Pray for our world.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Indeed this really is quite disturbing. I think thinks are going to get much worse before they get any better. What do others think about this?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I looked for confirmation of this story and this is all I found...

www.signonsandiego.com...

BAGHDAD – The Iranian consul in Basra charged Thursday that British soldiers had surrounded his office in the southern city and fired shots into the air. Britain denied the allegation.

We all know ambushes never happen in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
all this fuss over this?

c'mon, lets call a spade a spade..

IMHO, some british soliders were on patrol, found themselves near the embassy and said

'' c'mon lads, lets give em hell over our boys holed up ''

so they shot some rounds in the air, did some screaming to startle them, then they left

Theres no reports of bodies, explosions or anything.

Its nothing but the soliders making a fuss for some mates.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is probably the case. They were pissed and said lets go mess with the Iranian Embassy. But at times like these, that stuff can't happen. It doesn't take much at all to start a war.

WW2 officially started when, the Germans said that Polish troops had crossed in to Germany and caused trouble. Only to find out later, that the troops causing trouble were German solders dressed as Polish solders. THey set this plan in action as a pretext for the invasion of Poland.

It doesn't take much at all to get to the point of no return. Anything at this point can cause that.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The Iranian consul in Basra charged that British soldiers had surrounded his office in the southern Iraqi city and fired shots in the air. Britain called it an exchange of gunfire after its troops were ambushed nearby

Why wasn't this reported by the mainstream media?

Not even Al jazeera has this

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I couldn't tell you why mainstream media hasn't reported this. Why do they do a lot of the things they do? All I know is what I read, and what makes sense. Maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't. But it deserves to be looked at. Doesn't it? Anything at this time could throw the whole region in to an up roar.

Iran says, shots have been reported to be fired at the Iranian Consul in Basra, Iraq.

The Iranian Consul said that "British soldiers had surrounded their office in the southern city and fired shots into the air" calling the incident a "provocative act" and that the incident "could worsen the situation of the British sailors."

Britain says, that the incident did take place but it was a "geographical coincidence" and that no shots were fired into the air.

"A vehicle approached the rear of one of their convoys. A number of rounds were fired. The vehicles returned fire. Nobody dismounted and the vehicle disappeared. There is absolutely no linkage with the location other than geographical coincidence. There was no encirclement and no rounds were fired in the air," said Major David Gell, a spokesman for the British forces in Basra.

No injuries or casualties have been reported.

All I know is one side is saying what is beneficial to them and the other side is saying what is beneficial to them. Just like this the Hostages in the waterway. It is more tit-for-tat bull crap.

Here is another Link: www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 3/30/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would think that UK troops are too professional to be THAT provocative at this particular time. I know things have happened with prisoners just like happened with some of our US troops but I don't believe this account.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Iran said this... Iran said that... I got some news for ya... Iran is full of crap! Iran said they weren't enriching uranium too but when the IAEA caught them, then they said it was only just a little and it was only for peaceful purposes.

When are people going to realize that Muslims will LIE to non-muslims if they believe that it will further the cause of Islam? We infidels are nothing more than pig excrement to them. They have no moral obligation to engage fully with us in honest dialogue.

I do not hate Muslims nor do I hate Islam. I am over that. After soul searching a bit I think I can understand their position. That being said, this isn't an "Islam" issue per se. To me, this is purely political and is rapidly becoming military! If push comes to shove - and it appears that it may - the Iranians had better be prepared for hellfire!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree with you Kozmo. I just think the situation merits discussion.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 29 – Iran claimed on Thursday that its consulate in the southern Iraqi city of Basra had come under attack from British forces,

An outpost and a consulate are two different things, are they not. Why are so many thread titles so different than the content? This sounded like Iran had set up shop in Iraq and were now being removed. More of the world's misleading reporting.

When it really hits the fan there, it will be obvious.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JungleMike

I would think that UK troops are too professional to be THAT provocative at this particular time. I know things have happened with prisoners just like happened with some of our US troops but I don't believe this account.

Depends if they were shot at. If not, I think you are right.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 29 – Iran claimed on Thursday that its consulate in the southern Iraqi city of Basra had come under attack from British forces,

An outpost and a consulate are two different things, are they not. Why are so many thread titles so different than the content? This sounded like Iran had set up shop in Iraq and were now being removed. More of the world's misleading reporting.

When it really hits the fan there, it will be obvious.

I don't see anything wrong with the article, it makes perfect sense to me. Iran has an Outpost in Iraq that houses a Consulate. That seemed correct. Does it not? Or an I crazy?

[edit on 3/30/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with the article, it makes perfect sense to me. Iran has an Outpost in Iraq that houses a Consulate. That seemed correct. Does it not? Or an I crazy?

Yeah, you are correct.

Its just regarding the troops thats all.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is all to provoke Iran imo, and they are taking the bate.

The US/UK want Iran out of the picture because they are supplying the rebels in Iraq with weapons and other resources. So its obvious, if they want to win the war of peace in Iraq, they have to take Iran out.

Lets not forget the US is also holding "Hostages" iranian soldiers they captured on the border, no one mentions this eh.

Im not making excuses for Iran, Iran´s leaders are lunatics.

And as for the UN, a laughing stock imo. Totally useless, a tiger with no teeth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join