It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think Yahoo and Google are a part of it? Think again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

A Net of Control
Unthinkable: How the Internet could become a tool of corporate and government power, based on updates now in the works
Christoph Niemann for Newsweek

Issues 2004 - Picture, if you will, an information infrastructure that encourages censorship, surveillance and suppression of the creative impulse. Where anonymity is outlawed and every penny spent is accounted for. Where the powers that be can smother subversive (or economically competitive) ideas in the cradle, and no one can publish even a laundry list without the imprimatur of Big Brother. Some prognosticators are saying that such a construct is nearly inevitable. And this infrastructure is none other than the former paradise of rebels and free-speechers: the Internet.
Source

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder if you actually still use google yourself......?
That would make you part of the problem... not the solution....
The solution is simple.... stop using it!!!!!!!

Protest with you feet.......! don't like google or yahoo.... then stop using them.

Or is convienience more important to you than integrity....?
If so then put a sock in it ...... if not then i aplaud you........
Which is it..... thumbs up or thumbs down?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth > There have been many attempts to stop or slow piracy in the last decade and every single method or idea tried has failed miserably. Shut down one torrent site and two more pop up in its place, package your music or movie with DRM and it gets cracked in a week or less. They haven't gained any ground even in the face of insane volumes of law suits filed (which are based on virtually no hard reliable evidence in the first place)

Also what is with everybody hating on Google all of a sudden? I'm really trying to grasp why they are suddenly a tool of big brother but its escaping me. Is it because they are in fact the top search engine on the internet? Is it the fact they are a dominating force on the Internet now with their fame, fortune and army of technological talent? What about them makes for such ripe targeting by people? I have searched for gas centrifuges, information on refinement of Uranium ore, chemical notation for weapons such as Sarin and VX gas, and far worse things but guess what? Nobody ever showed up at my door in a suit asking me to come with them, I never noticed any black helicopters or vans outside, no nothing! So wheres the conspiracy with Google here because I sure don't see it.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know that Google is coroporationg with several government agencies. I'm sure others are too, it wouldn't suprise me if yahoo was a puppet too.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Then please by all means do blow this whole thing open with rock solid irrefutable evidence (which means rense/infowars is not allowed) that Google is in bed with The Man(tm) or any other government agency. This story sure points to the contrary, but I'm open to discussion and evidence about this.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Scroogle.org is more safer than Google & Yahoo.It doesn't have many features like Google & Yahoo,it only has the search function.
If you just need to simply search for sites then use thisScroogle.org/Google Scraper or this Scroogle.org/Yahoo Scraper

" We are moving to a Google that knows more about you."
— Google CEO Eric Schmidt, speaking to financial analysts,
February 9, 2005, as quoted in the New York Times the next day

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
" We are moving to a Google that knows more about you."
— Google CEO Eric Schmidt, speaking to financial analysts,
February 9, 2005, as quoted in the New York Times the next day

now thats just ****** up!
they even make fun of us with rubbing it in our eyes
i dont want google to know more about me

whats is google my girlfriend or sometin

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
what the...we know google is bad now why the site hase this google search ats bar?aint that....bad?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
what the...we know google is bad now why the site hase this google search ats bar?aint that....bad?

No... we don't know they are bad.
I have a feeling that google may be under pressure to give some information to the US Government, but it has made a fuss in the process.

If google was bad, would they let you search this:
www.google.com...
and provide you with meaningful results?

Out of all the search engines, yahoo, msn search etc, i think google is most likely to be the least 'involved'

Gareth.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Wow, talk about the best of both the lazy and paranoid worlds with Scroogle. You could just as easily turn off cookies in your browser (gasp, it can be done!) and perhaps learn to use a proxy. Using that service still leaves traces in the logs of the Scroogle, and even though they claim to delete things after an hour guess what? Its still possible to extract supposedly deleted data from the disk so I guess that makes it not all its cracked up to be huh? Really if your that worried about your searches wifi is about the only real way to remain anonymous and thats all I will say on how to remain anonymous because I'm pretty sure going any further would be a breach of the ATS TOS and/or AUP.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
why on google earth if you choose New Orleans it is imagry pre Katrina???

the same with Baghdad......Iraq????

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
why on google earth if you choose New Orleans it is imagry pre Katrina???

the same with Baghdad......Iraq????

Don't you think it costs a bit of money for the aerial picture providers to rephotography an area? For a free service, isn't that asking alot.

Edit: typo

[edit on 3/30/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well....yea but still i think the governments are controling google,if there was some important leak it is going to get filled

so much of the things google let us see are probably not that thready to the governmetn i dont know.
whats thats stuff with scroogle^^ so its like google but without being able to track us?
about cookies and proxy yea maybe if i was that involved in getting data on secret projects yea but not for now

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Don't you think it costs a bit of money for the aerial picture providers to rephotography an area? For a free service, isn't that asking alot.

Edit: typo

[edit on 3/30/2007 by roadgravel]

I have no idea whether satellite pictures cost Google anything. I doubt it because it is probably placed on the net by unaffiliated organizations or groups. Google places its name on there because that is where it can be found.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
as long as i know there was a payed version of google earth with more updates from the sattelite.
the free version has pics on some regions like 2005

maybe sattelite pics are like used cars with the year the price falls

btw...i think ill just go and get that payed version...daily updated sattelite pics of every place of earth sounds....sweet

[edit on 30/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't know. I don't use Google very often. So... However, I posted this because I have been hearing a lot about their affirmation of some of our government's policies towards web surfers, and I don't ike it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
yea sweet idea somekind of search engine for important data leaked to the site that no other search engine can detect...
but they allready have that right?
the top secret forum is undetectable by search engines right?
bravos from me

but still users of the secret forum should use like 1-2 proxyes and have the best spyware cleaner.
like "scan spyware" or "spyware doctor"

[edit on 30/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i wouldnt have asked the question if not months afer katrina there were post katrina images on there where you could see demolished houses, blue tarps, etc. Do you think they went back to pre-katrina to not show how poorly the clean up operation is or the funding isnt enough??

I can understand with Iraq since we have troops there.....

They has post tsunami images....why....becuase it is not the US??

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
i wouldnt have asked the question if not months afer katrina there were post katrina images on there where you could see demolished houses, blue tarps, etc. Do you think they went back to pre-katrina to not show how poorly the clean up operation is or the funding isnt enough??

I can understand with Iraq since we have troops there.....

They has post tsunami images....why....becuase it is not the US??

Uh, I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

Pre and Post Katrina Satellite Images of Mississippi

Pre And Post Katrina New Orleans

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join