It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan to support Iran in case of US attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Pakistan to support Iran in case of US attack: Rashid
Thursday, March 29, 2007, Rabi-ul-Awal 9, 1428 A.H.
www.thenews.com.pk...

“We would support Iran if attacked by the United States and would not provide airbases to America”

Pakistan and Iran are both the "Observer country" of SCO(Shanghai Cooperation Organisation).

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That is a neatly worded article... they say they will not let us use airbases, but fail to say they would engage in conflict with us...

This could be WWIII...

Iran gets Pakistan and maybe Russia and/or China.

We get EU, US/NATO and India.

I like our odds.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Actually, this is a little more alarming than we might think. Pakistan is a nuclear country. They HAVE nuclear weapons. No one knows if Iran does or not. When the US declares war on Iran, and Pakistan allies itself with Iran, what do you think could come of it?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Actually, this is a little more alarming than we might think. Pakistan is a nuclear country. They HAVE nuclear weapons. No one knows if Iran does or not. When the US declares war on Iran, and Pakistan allies itself with Iran, what do you think could come of it?

I can't see anyone going nuclear because then you put our nukes on the table and that is just a piss poor situation to be in for anyone. Besides, who is Pak going to nuke? Do they even have delivery vehicles to launch that far?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

I can't see anyone going nuclear because then you put our nukes on the table and that is just a piss poor situation to be in for anyone. Besides, who is Pak going to nuke? Do they even have delivery vehicles to launch that far?

It's not so much that I think that Pakistan is going to nuke anybody. What I was alluding to is that when the doo doo hits the fan, that nukes would become available to Iran. Remember what we're dealing with here. Iran has claimed to have a virtual army of people who want to become martyrs. They WANT to die. Iran has also made statements to the effect that Israel should be wiped off the map.
Hypothetically let's say Pakistan has a small nuke. One that could fit in a truck. Imagine that suicide bomber.
When your dealing with a fanatic, you simply cannot win.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hypothetically let's say Pakistan has a small nuke. One that could fit in a truck. Imagine that suicide bomber.
When your dealing with a fanatic, you simply cannot win.

Sure you can... they detonate a single small yield device and Israel and the US lay waste to them. They may be suicidal, but that is just dumb. In that scenario you have to hope that all of the security mechanisms in place in Israel and the Green Zone function and the bomber does not reach a densely populated target.

I do not think you can "truck nuke" Israel, maybe on a missile if the PAC-3 fails to intercept, but doubtful a truck gets all that way and in IMHO. The Green Zone is different and more vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The stance Pakistan is taking is that of neutral ambiguity.
Ditto to their stance on Iraq.
Most countries will 'oppose' any US invasion of Iran, including India.
Obviously the 'opposition' will be in the verbal context only.

Note that Pakistan did not supply airbases to the US even for the Afghan invasion.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

Firstly they're not going to nuke anyone.
If they wanted they could nuke anyone in a 2000-2500km radius.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I agree, they probably wont jump in head first,
but should this escelate past strikes and into a serious conflict between multiple nations.. they wont sit idly by.
Their nukes will come into play.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The 15 hostages are expendable and not really worth bothering about.

They are soldiers after all.They will be released in due course.

We dont want to see more Americans dying in a large scale conflict for 15 foreign prisoners.

The average Joe Iranian is more concerned with daily existance and not being kidnapped and tortured by the secret police of the mad mullahs in power.

Why should they suffer from decision made by fanatics?

Stop getting into a hysterical mind set.

You are clearly being maniulated by the mass media who WANT a war as they make tons of money from wars.

And i mean tons of money.NEVER FORGET THAT.

THEY MADE MANY TONS OF MONEY FROM THE 11/9 ATTACKS.

The media are nothing more than pimps pimping their usual bs.

They are simply prostitutes for hire.

Iran is not the center of the universe.

The military industrial complex are deliberately instigating wars and conflicts to justify and maintain the vast amounts of money being wasted on them.

So stop yourself being manipulated.

i have stopped watching the news altogether and now watch dramas instead and i feel relaxed and at peace.

i feel happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This isn't about the 15 British prisoners. Pakistan released this statement because they know that eventually the USA will go to war with Iran no matter what.

They say that their support for Iran will be to not allow USA access to their airbases, but who knows what other 'support' could go on under the table?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Musharraf is doing what is necessary to TRY and placate his people. The real danger would be an Islamic uprising of such magnitude within Pakistan, that the government would be ousted and the Mullah's would gain control of the countrie's Nuke stockpile.

Considering that OBL is in the most fundamentally Islamic province, it could be possible that he would be put in control of the country. He is a Hero to them after all.

That being said, Pakistan has had French built submarines for some time. And as we all know, nuclear nations use subs first and foremost for 2nd Strike capability.

So, Nuke Sub + OBL = ? Maybe we'll count on his better judgement not to use 'em.
After all, he would know that we'd glass the place. Oh, that's right, the whole martyrdom thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This so funny, the Pakistan leader will do in the end What the US tells him to do . . .

He is not a very well supported leader in his country that favor radical Islam and Al-qaida.

He is just trying to keep the populace at control while the sentiments against the west keep growing with the new developments going on in the Persian gulf and the UK-Iranian situation.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am amazed at the posts I see here and the comments. The guy is the minister of railroads for crying outload not the minister of defense or leader.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pakistan has nukes which won´t reach the US or western europe, and they don´t have many. If they started against the US and thier allies there wouldn´t be a Pakistan.

In fact going by the way Bush´s government acts they won´t even give Pakistan a chance to act, if they were to show a bit of support for Iran, activate forces etc they´d be hit before they could blink.

All in all if these countries wanted to rock it with the NWO they are gonna get obliterated.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
That being said, Pakistan has had French built submarines for some time. And as we all know, nuclear nations use subs first and foremost for 2nd Strike capability.

Yeah but having said that all nuke countries do NOT possess a Submarine nuclear capability. Pakistan is definitely one of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Man, Pakistan did not say the will fight the US if Iran gets invaded. They said they won't allow the US to use airbases in their country. Some people just like taking things out of context. Why the hell would Pakistan want to fight a war with the West, rediculous. Iran is not worth it for Pakistan to get pulverise. And no Pakistan would not use their nukes. That's just suicide.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
But they do said that below

"We would support Iran if attacked by the United States......."

Support what? there is nothing to do with Pakistan geographically, if US will bomb Iran.
In terms of my comprehence, they will just support orally, without any action.
The article is really funny, there is no all-weather friend diplomatically in this political world. Our Chinese much like to say all-weather firend but never be seriously when we said so, because in our culture, something indeed, will never need to say....
stupid little P

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Almost all of Iran's military weapons come from Russia, China, and North Korea. Pakistan share a common border with Iran. Couple with Iran's population of 70 million with Pakistan's 160 million, the problem may not be containable. It's possible Pakistani "volunteers" would cross the border to aide in the Jihad.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Why the hell would Pakistan want to fight a war with the West, rediculous. Iran is not worth it for Pakistan to get pulverise. And no Pakistan would not use their nukes. That's just suicide.

Maybe there's some confusion. It's not about the CURRENT government of Pakistan. It's about the majority fundamentalist Muslim populace and what would happen if they gained control. Far fetched? Go check how many assassination attempts there are on their current leader for yourself!

Suicide? Where have we heard that before?

Support what? there is nothing to do with Pakistan geographically

Unfortunately, Islam is not bound by Geography.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join