It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are your thoughts on satanism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
what do you think about satanism? is it just shock value or somthing much deeper? let me know.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What I would like to know is what do Satanists think about Hell? What makes them think that they will not go there, or in the alternative, that it is not so bad?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i myself not beeing a true satanist have wonderd this to. i think its more of a self worship thing. they dont believe in a real hell, its more of a metaphorical thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Form what i understand people who call themselves satanists do not really worship satan. Most do not believe in a being named satan. rather it is a kind of self worship. They do not deny their human impulses as other religions do, they do not see them as evil. So if for instance, they wanted to have sex with someone they would reconize this as a normal human impulse that should be acted upon. Now i may be wrong but I think this is the gist of satanism. there is alot of ritual in some circles but that is mostly just to make fun of christianity.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
yah thats pretty much what satanism is. self worship and a "live life to the fullest" attitude.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Today, subject to change by tomorrow, my thoughts on Satanism are

Satan is a female, the great hunter

The female principle was demonized so that woman remained unempowered (except in secret) because men are afraid of that aspect of diety

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
what do you think about satanism? is it just shock value or somthing much deeper? let me know.

Well it would depend on which type of satanism you were on about?? The LaVeyan satanism (just some power hungry fruitbat) or Theistic satanism (just as bad as LaVeyans if not worse) or the ritualistic mockery of christianity (christian invented satanism to control the followers - These people can be the worst group of the lot as they usually have fundamentalist attitude which in turn harms others).
However I do also believe that rebellious teens would use 'satanism' as a shock tactic similar to marilyn manson et al but anyone who takes it all seriously is very delusional.

G

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i think satanists are people that are completely misunderstood. they seem to be people who aren't really worshipping the devil, or even acknowledging the existence of said being and his counterpart. they more tend towards a twisted form of self-worship and rebellion.

my thoughts on them?
let them be

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think it is simply shock value or a conspiracy to give true occultism a bad name. You look at someone like Anton LaVey and he really was just a jokester. I don't think that he took his tripe seriously at all.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
agreed. i think satanism is just a shock tactic blown out of proportion by religion at large. but mainly christianity and catholosism

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think people want to sin cuz its in their body, people dont want to be accountable for their sins. With satan you can sin all you want. What they dont want to believe is that they will be accountable for their sins end the end. They half to realize that satan is evil, God is good. God will defeat the devil. And end the end the one they believe end will be destroyed. These people want to do whatever make them feel good. They're weak people. They cannot stop them selfs from devils jumping in them. And after that its all over them.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There are actually several versions of Satanists.

Theistic Satanism: Actually worshipping what some people would call an evil god or demon. They can literally be worshipping the "Christian" Satan, which often seem to mock Christian traditions, and some claim that the Christian God is the evil force. There is also a recent rediscovery of worshipping the Egyptian god Set, who was eventually considered a God of Evil by many Egyptians.

The other form of Satanism is worshipping yourself as your own god. It has ideas such as written in 1988 by Anton LaVey: "No one should be protected from the effects of his own stupidity." This follows theoriums such as Survival of the Fittest, where your actions determine your own fate. Basically in this form of Satanism, there are no dieties but yourself. Basically, you are God incarnated and only your actions will dictate your outcome in life.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah, LaVey always mentioned that people should look at the word "evil" and think of it in mirror imagery. He always said that he thought to be "evil" was to live. However, like I said previously, I don't think much of Satanism at all because I don't take it seriously. I know there are some that do think it is a real religion with doctrine and such, but if you look at the real basis of it, it is meant for little more than shock value.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The real question is what do they believe will happen after they die. Cuz and effect. That is life teaching. What you do effects others. You sins will be punish.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I really don't know what it is truly. I have tryed to figure it out. I would guess that it derails evil minded rogues on to a path that benefits the elite somehow, or they wouldn't be permitted. Thats just a guess. I just don't know to be honest with you. If they have to burn in hell for it though, I'm not sure I'm evil enough to get my hells worth.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Voyager1]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Satanism has become a catch all phrase for all types of wicca or magick, whatever happened to the good ole days of the Inquisition, when we knew the bad guys deserved to be boiled in oil.

joke

I think the old divisions of good and evil have largely been used to delineate social structures and define conformity, but dictates are irrelevant, it's how you use them. So there are probably a few Satanists who are more benign than say a priest with pedopheliac tendencies, providing they feel doing the next kind thing is service of their own higher self.

Satanism in it's modern incarnation seems more concerned with returning responsibility to the individual than removing it. But that could be the spin a few savvy individuals have put on it for the press. No doubt there are still denizens of id wandering the darkened byways seeking innocents to distess in service of some dark order.

Doesn't seem to matter what ideology a person attends if they are selfish and cruel, it results in the same thing, and if they are generous and kind, it results in the same thing. Mostly what you will find are people who want control over the way you think and what you believe. As with any belief system, it becomes static and useless without action, the admission of error and the ability to discard old beliefs when they become inappropriate or destructive.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My thought is that Satan is a Christian concept. If you believe in Christianity then you likely would not be a Satanist, however, outside of Judeo-Christian theology where do you hear about Satan?

Buddhist don't have Satan, Pagans don't have Satan, etc - and I am unable to find any Satanists that pre-date Christianity, Islam, or Judiasm. I can only conclude that Satanism came about as a reaction against Christianity.

Therefore, in order to truly worship the being of Satan, you would have to believe in some form of Christianity. You would need to at least buy into the misconception that religion and Christianity are synonymous.

With this in mind, I must conclude that

Satanists are either looking for shock value

or

are engaging in a fruitless rebellion against Christianity (in that worshipping Satan validates Christianity rather than rejects it)

or

that the name "Satanism" is actually a misnomer. (That is to say that Satanists have adopted a name that actually does not represent the being who is being worshipped.)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
what do you guys think about the self-worship aspect of satanism?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Do you have an example of some sort in mind? A certain character to give me some idea etc,

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I invested my faith in the darkside long ago. Satanism, however, is merely a satire using Christianity as its' main target. I suppose it's somewhat amusing, at best.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join