It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest thing happened today....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Has anybody here ever had anything like this happen to them?
For some reason, completely out of the blue, this afternoon I thought about an elderly friend of mine who had passed away several years ago.
I had moved away and had lost touch with him so I didn't know the year or the month that he died on -- all I knew was that he died of a heart attack.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I googled up his name to see if there was an obit on him anywhere on the net to find out the exact year and date that he died and lo and behold, I find out THAT HE DIED EXACTLY ON THIS DATE -- MARCH 28TH (which is today) FIVE YEARS AGO!!

What a coincidence!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That is quite a shocker! Either pure coincidense or a spiritual sign afterall.

signed,
/Whitetiger

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm an evp recorder so I'm hoping he will stop by sometime to let me know if he ended up in heaven. Lol, he was sort of a rascal but in fun kind of way... it would be nice to hear from him.
He owned a popular greek restaurant and I thought of him today while I was chopping up some veggies. But like I said, I hadn't thought of him in years! But now that I find out that he died on today's date 5 years ago, I'm taking it as a message that he wants me to contact him via evp. If I hear from him, I'll post that recording here.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have never had anything quite like that happen. But I have noticed at work when I think or talk about a customer they tend to call or come in....it gets kind of annoying.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
I have never had anything quite like that happen. But I have noticed at work when I think or talk about a customer they tend to call or come in....it gets kind of annoying.

That's funny! I think I would be annoyed if something like that happened to me all the time too! But at least you know beforehand who's going to call or show up so at you don't have to be concerned about surprise visits!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow, interesting... I had a similar experience when I was a little kid. I wont post the story coz I don't wanna seem like I'm hijacking your thread
. If you want to read it it's the first post on my "What got you into the paranormal" thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
Wow, interesting... I had a similar experience when I was a little kid. I wont post the story coz I don't wanna seem like I'm hijacking your thread
. If you want to read it it's the first post on my "What got you into the paranormal" thread.

Funny that you of all people here should be commenting on my posts here in this thread and I'm marking it down as another 'coincidence' -- the name of my friends' restaurant -- the one who passed away was THE MAD GREEK.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I love when coincidences like that happen to me... because usually they work out in my favour.

Like... once, I suddenly had a really strong urge to watch The Goonies but it was already rented out, and then I got home and it was just starting on tv.

...Hehe. XD

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xhorrorgasmx
I love when coincidences like that happen to me... because usually they work out in my favour.

Like... once, I suddenly had a really strong urge to watch The Goonies but it was already rented out, and then I got home and it was just starting on tv.

...Hehe. XD

Now that's one COINCIDENCE! It's funny how they manage to leave some of us momentarily dazed when we have them but when ever we do experience them, I think sometimes we are supposed to pay attention to some aspect of that coincidence as there may be something new we are about to find out that may be important.
Lol, have to look up that movie. Maybe our world will soon be invaded by them but sure hope that's not the case!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Invaded by who? The Goonies? lol they're a bunch of kids that basically go on a treasure hunt... I think we'll be okay.

new topics

top topics

join