It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

say cheese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
everyone knows the saying i would rather watch paint dry then watch that
well this time i would rather watch cheese mature

bbc news

A Cheddar cheese maturing via a webcam on the internet is expected to attract thousands of cheese lovers on Thursday - when something actually happens.
Cheese makers in Somerset set up a round-the-clock camera on the 44lb (20kg) truckle of Cheddar in January.

In the last three months, over 400,000 cheese fans have clicked on the site.

But about 55,000 are expected to watch expert cheesemaker Tom Calver pull out a core of cheese and sniff and taste it to check if it is maturing properly.

It is the first quality check on the hand-made cheese, which has already grown a faint grey coat of mould.

Despite not a lot happening, I think it rouses people's curiosity about the entire cheese making process

Dom Lane

Dom Lane, who is behind the project, said: "It's absolutely bonkers, we thought we might get a few cheese lovers logging on but it has really taken off and seems to have captured people's imaginations.

link to web feed site

i hope everyone has fun watching the cheese mature

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I love cheese! Going toTillamook Cheese Factory always makes a trip to the beach complete, from the ice cream they serve, to the cheese curds! Also, I always need to visit The Blue Heron they have awesome brie, smoked garlic, herbed...delicious! Plus they have a petting zoo, and a full wine tasting counter where I bought a bottle of wonderful Pomegranate wine last fall.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I used to wonder what all the ingredients are in cheese. Is it that hard to make? Some of the old timers could make it im sure. I love cheese, theres hardly any place to buy a big block of it anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think I saw it move.
I shall write a book.

I think a time lapse of the whole thing would be cool, once it's done maturing.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
......oh dear god.......

:shk::shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
:how
oes anybody have any crackers?

[edit on 03/15/2007 by AccessDenied]

top topics

join