It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lincoln prediction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war."

When Abraham Lincoln wrote this letter, was he predicting todays government?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No, I think he was moreso thinking about the Rockefeller era. Today is bad, but then was worse.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Washington also has a prophecy

"This afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.

the rest is found here

www.soul.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Interesting .. Wasingtons vision that is.. if its true, iv never heard of it before..

the three great conflicts I would bet are the Civil War, WWI and WWII? WWII was a massive war for the US.. many in that day thought it was the end of the world.. imagine a WWII scale war tomorrow.. ATSers would have a field day predicting doom!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have heard Washington't vision before. His vision has America victorious.

I have never heard of Lincoln's 'vision' before. I'm a huge Lincoln fan and have read everything I could get my hands on about him.

I kinda doubt that it is really from him. It doesn't sound right and I think I would have run into it before.

top topics

join