It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming? Happening or Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Everyone has heard about global warming and everyone has there opinions on the matter. I want to discuss what YOU think.

I've recently read that state officials seem to not think global warming was happening. I was curious about and began asking around. I was surprised at how many people DIDN'T think this was happening. Anybody with a good biology teacher should know that global warming does and has happened before.

I think that as of the current day, global warming is happening. The polar ice caps are melting causing sea levels to rise. The earth's atmosphere is detereorating because of greenhouse gases. Now I won't say that humans are solely responsible for global warming. No, that would be a very ignorant statement on my part. It's happening because it DOES happen but I think we humans are speeding up the process.

I'd like to here your take on the issue. Feel free to state your opinion, whatever it maybe.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by Mekashii]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Actually the greenhouse effect is very real as it causes a blanket on our atmosphere to trap in heat from the suns rays hitting our surface. This is a natural cause but is being ellevated by manufacturing products to consuming energy and fossil fuels. It simply speeds up the process. It takes about 100 years for these gasses to dissipate, so it's quite a toll. Again this is a normal issue that has escalated since mankind was here. Before that it was the wildlife and ecosystem.

/7A

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I see you have joined up today. Welcome to ATS! Take some time to look around and please familiarize yourself with the search feature.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards. No need for yet another thread asking the general question.

You should also read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

[edit on 3/27/2007 by Gools]

join