It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Starts Baby-Drop-Box! Evidence of the Decline of Morality in Western Civilization!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

BERLIN — Desperate mothers are being urged to drop their unwanted babies through hatches at hospitals in Germany in an effort to halt a spate of infanticides that has shocked the country.

At least 23 babies have been killed so far this year, many of them beaten to death or strangled by their mothers before being dumped on wasteland and in dustbins.

This is better .. I suppose, then abortion.. the concept however is like returning a baby like a piece of garbage as you would a movie from blockbuster!

The campaign has already drawn criticism from senior clergymen and from charities, including Caritas, who argue that it could actively encourage mothers to dump their children. But there is agreement that something must be done to address what appears to be an infanticide epidemic.

Something sure does have to be done... it seems to be a problem in western societies.. I have no idea why. For example.. Ireland before the late 1990's and there huge economic explosion the out of marriage birthrate was one of the lowest in Europe.. then after the economic take off it sky rocketed and is now a high ranked nation as far as births outside of marriage..

Last Thursday a 27-year-old woman known as Sabine H surrendered to police in an east German town after her newborn child was found in a blue plastic rubbish bag floating in a lake.

In the same week Monika K, 26, was arrested on suspicion of throwing her baby out of a 10-story Hamburg apartment building, wrapped in a plastic shopping bag. She had given birth to him half an hour before, in the bathtub. A dog found the bag and tore it open.

Maybe there just needs to be an IQ test of some kind to determine whether or not your fit to breed.. honestly.. this is disgusting..

Political support for the campaign has come from the Green party, but the government is more wary, fearing legal problems. On occasions children with severe disabilities or babies aged over 3 months have been dumped: both in breach of the law.

“There are serious legal and professional arguments against baby-drops,” a government spokeswoman said. “But we cannot ignore the fact that they can save lives.”

Irresponsible people can now throw away their worries.. go and breed again, toss the baby in the bin, breed some more, toss the baby in the bin.. the perpetual cycle of an immature populace in a society (western) that does not preach personal responsibility.

They need to be careful as well.. Russia is an example of a country that has an absolutely massive orphanage system that can no longer be funded.. the result is disease, poverty and a lot of messed up children.

SOURCE

EDIT: Forgot source

[edit on 3/27/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Italy too. They have neat little signs to identify "safe" spots.

Italys baby drops

Its ridiculous. Shame is dead. Responsability is somethin for the government not the individual. And the mere suggestion of morality is decried as hate speech. There must be something in the water.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just disgusting.. I know China and a few other South East Asian countries do this as well.. typically ending up with the kids being dumped on the street when they can fend for themselves or sold into slavery...

Is this really what society is to become?

SR

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seriously i know what you mean it's like after all we've learnt and seen through history we're devolving and just going back to hendoism etc. Seriously i just can't find the words to comment on it, Talk about survival of the fittest about those babies it's just messed up we really never did stop being animals

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Just disgusting.. I know China and a few other South East Asian countries do this as well.. typically ending up with the kids being dumped on the street when they can fend for themselves or sold into slavery...

Is this really what society is to become?

Whilst the Chinese may do this, EU governments would not do such a thing.

The UK (and Germany I believe) can keep "children" in care until they are 21 and they will still receive ongoing preferential treatment from Social Services when housing, benefits and jobs are concerned.

I know this personally as one of my younger sister's ran away and as a result, Social Services got involved and even now, at 22, she still gets looked after.

Whilst you may find the idea of a "baby drop box" uncomfotable, there is still a problem of "unstable" mother's dumping babies. If, instead, these babies can be dropped off at a hospital, cared for and found a loving home, is this not better than a sick death in a bin bag?

The problem isn't massive, but it is there.

With Germany having a couple of dozen cases in one year, something needs to be done to give thse mother's, who for one reason or another cannot cope with the birth, another option as opposed to murder.

EDIT: I might add that the notion of infanticide for unwanted children is nothing new and can be traced back through thousands of years. Sparta is an example that springs to mind instantly and I am sure I could dredge up many more if your interested.

It certainly is not a modern phenonema.

[edit on 27/3/07 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I understand the revolsion against this ... however, I think it's a good idea.

I'd rather see the babies safely dropped off than find them dead in dumpsters.

We adopted from Bolivia .. in one part of Bolivia there is a turnstyle that women can put their babies in. They turn the turnstyle and the baby is safely in the orphanage. The women don't have to fear the authorities and the babies get cared for (and adopted!!).

This is better than dead babies.

I understand that the BEST thing would be for the mothers to take responsibility and care for the children ... but in the absense of that, this is a good option that will save lives.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Its great.. untill its abused.. women who simple dont want a baby just so she can go out and party and screw every man with two legs can now dump a baby on the state..

Should the state have to pay for ignorance?

What happens, if it ends up like Russia and China and many other nations where it isnt the fact they dont WANT to help.. but CANT help.. the system become over loaded and care declines with funding..
I am sad to see people seeing this as a good idea as opposed to making people responcible for their own actions..

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In Vancouver, one of our hospitals has one of these 'drop boxes'.

The idea of someone shoving their baby through a slot is disturbing, but it really is better than the alternative of leaving the baby where they may not have a chance to survive.

Yes, people are responsible for their own actions, but my primary concern in a situation like this is the well-being of the baby. I don't want to see babies dying in trash bins or mailboxes and this can prevent that.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am sad to see people seeing this as a good idea as opposed to making people responcible for their own actions..

In a perfect world everyone would be held accountable.
Obviously this isn't a perfect world.

This measure will save lives. It is obviously not a perfect solution, but it
will SAVE LIVES.

BTW .... many of the children who were adopted from the orphanage where my daughter came from are alive today because of a safe drop off station (a turnstyle at the orphanage).

You'd rather have had my daughter murdered by her birth parents?? :shk:

Without a safe drop off situation, the poor people would be leaving their children to die in the streets, gutters, and trashbins.

Sorry Rock ... since my family is here today because of such a 'safe drop off' type situation, there is no way I am going to change my mind on this. THANK GOD for safe drop offs for street babies. THANK GOD.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While we might not have drop boxes in the US per-se, we have recently enacted legislation that allows mothers to abandon newborns at certain facilities like hospitals and what have you.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
this type of stuff has been happening in the world for centuries. girl (i use the word girl here for a reason) gets pregnant, leaves baby in place (typically an orphanage).

it's nothing bad, they're just keeping these babies out of dumpsters

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think there are several such programs in the U.S.

No questions asked baby dropoff at a hospital. It's sad, but still better than just dumping them in a dumpster or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"Its great.. untill its abused.. women who simple dont want a baby just so she can go out and party and screw every man with two legs can now dump a baby on the state.."

-Rockpuck (sorry, too lazy to do quotes)

Bad assumption number 1: Getting pregnant and giving up a baby comes completely without consequence.

FALSE.

Pregnancy is really tough on the body. Also, everyone I've ever known who's had an abortion really, really, really regretted it. It's probably the same (if not worse) with giving up a baby. I mean, think about it, your child is out there somewhere, who the hell knows what will happen to it, and it will probably never know you.

There may be ways to avoid the consequences of one's actions, but this isn't one of them.

Bad Assumption Number 2: People would rather have more dead babies than to pay more taxes to keep babies alive.

Look, I hate this baby drop box thing, too, but I agree with the posters who say it beats the hell out of the alternative.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I will settle for the drop boxes vs the babies in the garbage, but why are woman suddenly not wanting to keep the babies?

Have they noticed something different about their societies that makes them think that they would never want to bring a child into this world, and now that they have they would rather get rid of it?

Are they unwed and just can't take care of it on their own?

Are they poor? Are they young? What is the reason for the sudden surge? There might be a connecting factor that we should be looking into. We now have woman in democratic countries who are just dropping off their babies. This does not say a lot for the concept of birth control and planned parenthood does it?

I feel better to see the babies dropped off in the hospital than in a dumpster, or whatever these safe areas are.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OK ....... missing my point......

The reason I don't like "drop boxes" is because, if publicly known, it will be abused.. it can give less educated women an excuse not to use protection .. it leads to people dropping off babies even if they CAN take care of them. Germany has already admitted that since issuing the "drop box" publicly retarded babies where illegally dumped simply because parents didn't want them.

What im saying.. is there is a difference between psycho woman killing her baby.. and the woman who wants a new chance to go party on the weekends.

Adoption is fine.. if a women is giving birth the doctors should ask if they want to give the baby up.. street side drop zones though? I don't know.. just doesn't seem right... perhaps im on the wrong side of the issue here..

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You can band-aid a viral sore till the end of time, but the virus won't go away.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

if a women is giving birth the doctors should ask if they want to give the baby up...

That's not the way it works in most countries of the world. The USA and most of Europe do ... but not the rest of the world. Different laws and cultural stigmas, etc etc.

Rockpuck, I totally understand what your point is. Really. However, I feel that these safe drops are necessary to save lives.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Im in favour of drop off points simply because as stated it's better than chucking them in dumpsters but why on earth has it got to the point where the kids been born in the first place ? If we made abortion cheaper easier less stigmatised and allowed it to happen later in the term ( personally I'd happily see kids euthanised at full term, I don't consider them individuals till then ) we wouldn't have so many unwanted kids, ergo no drop off points.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I don't think this is a sign of moral decline, you cant get any lower when you've been at the bottom of the curve from time immemorial. Moses was put in a basket and sent down a river for crying out loud.

There are plenty of reasons why a mother would feel they cannot care for their baby. It's not always because they are unwanted either, I would hazard a guess and say the majority of mothers would want their babies but feel they cannot look after them.

Since the whole idea of "baby drop boxes" hasn't created the abandoned baby mindset in mothers I would not class it as a sign of declining morals. In fact the opposite rings true in my mind. It shows an increase in compassion insofar as it gives a mother another option aside from dumping a baby somewhere where it might die before being found.

This is a step forward from the creation of orphanages in the 19th century.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Moses was sent down the river because people were looking to kill him, no?
If all of these mothers somehow got death warrants signed for their babies then that comparison would work.

Im suprised that the majority of replies are only working with two options:

1. safety of a drop box and becoming a ward of the state
2. killing the baby and chucking it into a dumpster

Is it just not possible anymore for people to act with a little foresight and just not get knocked up or knock anybody up? Why is it simply ignored that maybe people should behave in a responsable fashion? Obviously cases of rape are excluded as at least one participant isnt exactly participating.

Just keep the damn thing in your pants and bull like baby drop-boxes wouldnt be a problem. WTF is so difficult about that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join